SOUTHERN KNIGHTS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gotta love AMS!!!!!!!

Go down 
+16
Skydrol13
infamous-speed
03terminator
Phantom SRT4
USMCWARVET
SlowSilverGTR
MRxSLAYx
asap1320
CRUSH
SILVERBEAST
LthlGT500
Jspec Mk4
V6Chris
TonyTurbo
03eatoncobra
R35 GTR
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
R35 GTR
Professional Street Racer
R35 GTR

Number of posts : 554
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Gotta love AMS!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Gotta love AMS!!!!!!!   Gotta love AMS!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2010, 8:38 pm

One of these days I might have me a built AMS motor. This car ran 123 in the 1/8 Shocked He lives somewhere down here in FL too
Back to top Go down
03eatoncobra
03eatoncobra

Number of posts : 376
Registration date : 2009-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love AMS!!!!!!!   Gotta love AMS!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2010, 8:55 pm

ams is sick! affraid
Back to top Go down
TonyTurbo
TonyTurbo

Number of posts : 625
Registration date : 2010-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love AMS!!!!!!!   Gotta love AMS!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2010, 9:00 pm

0_60 in 2.9sec
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love AMS!!!!!!!   Gotta love AMS!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2010, 9:26 pm

R35 GTR wrote:

One of these days I might have me a built AMS motor. This car ran 123 in the 1/8 Shocked He lives somewhere down here in FL too

lol I didnt know GTR gearing was so short>>lol>>4th Gear tops out at 130MPH scratch GTR are cars well put together for the track> they suck on the streets at higher speeds.

my 4th gear Is 158MPH Now at 7,500RPMS with the stock 3.55s
Back to top Go down
R35 GTR
R35 GTR

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love AMS!!!!!!!   Gotta love AMS!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2010, 10:35 pm

no Frank actually the car runs really well top end with a trap of 153. The car tops out at 193 gps 6th gear red lined and 199 or 200 with reving to 7500. with the short gears all that means is that its very efficient and able to pull all the way without having an overdrive gear like you
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love AMS!!!!!!!   Gotta love AMS!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2010, 10:41 pm

lol Zack you got a point> my 5 gear Is In fact over drive and It sucks, but I got a built motor now and It wont blow up that easy anymore after 160+"" 5th gear In my car goes to 178MPH + at 7,500rpms I dont know about 6 gear> I dont know of any cobra owner making big power that topped out 6 gear yet. scratch V6chris can you please do some research for us In this debate? Neutral
Back to top Go down
V6Chris
STREET LEGEND
STREET LEGEND
V6Chris

Number of posts : 5188
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love AMS!!!!!!!   Gotta love AMS!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2010, 10:43 pm

I personally dont see a point in racing past 160 in most cases even 140..
I dont know of any cobra guys doing top gear pulls in 6th with heavy modded motors, usually people with built motors are more worried about blowing it that the desire to do 200mph pulls are no longer there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.crtperformance.webs.com
Jspec Mk4
STREET KING
STREET KING
Jspec Mk4

Number of posts : 1588
Registration date : 2009-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love AMS!!!!!!!   Gotta love AMS!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2010, 10:47 pm

V6Chris wrote:
I dont know of any cobra guys doing top gear pulls in 6th with heavy modded motors, usually people with built motors are more worried about blowing it that the desire to do 200mph pulls are no longer there.

x10 i wont throw 5th for what to blow my motor...
Back to top Go down
R35 GTR
R35 GTR

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love AMS!!!!!!!   Gotta love AMS!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2010, 10:52 pm

Im in 6th gear for the 60-160 runs thankfully the gearing is short and the car richins up even more once it goes to 6th. If u look at this video about 57sec in you see this happening but i didnt have injectors then so when it tried to richin up it caused it to lean out a little

Back to top Go down
LthlGT500
STREET KING
STREET KING

Number of posts : 1236

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love AMS!!!!!!!   Gotta love AMS!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2010, 10:57 pm

V6Chris wrote:

its all about what you want your car to be setup to do...its really a personal preference along with what you car itself is able to do...guys who do the mile run or top end runs try to have a strong pulling 4th, 5th and 6th, while guys who do roll racing or quarter mile only rely on the first 4 gears possibly 5th (shorter geared cars). As far as a Cobra revving out 5th and throwing 6th i've personally never seen it done...i've revved out 5th to about 5800 at about 175mph in the GT500 with still some of 5th gear to go but being its a overdrive gear and the 6th even being taller it would be pointless to throw 6th unless you have a setup like that in twin turbo ford gt's making enough power to utilize the tall 6th or having 6th gear modified to be shorter. i'd say that if a cobra and gtr were dead even til the cobras 4th that after 5th gear was thrown in the cobra the gtr would then have a upper hand....

this race displays what happens when a overdrive gear is thrown against a car that has a 5th and 6th gear designed to keep the acceleration constant instead of falling on its face

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love AMS!!!!!!!   Gotta love AMS!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2010, 11:07 pm

cam Intake Tune c6z06 would've walked that M6. all the way to 200MPH. just saying .
Back to top Go down
V6Chris
STREET LEGEND
STREET LEGEND
V6Chris

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love AMS!!!!!!!   Gotta love AMS!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2010, 11:11 pm

My new setup, in 3rd i'll be able to do 180+mph not even including the new additions I might be throwing on. I wont be racing anyone to 180 except for one of my boys zx1

LthlGT500 wrote:
V6Chris wrote:

its all about what you want your car to be setup to do...its really a personal preference along with what you car itself is able to do...guys who do the mile run or top end runs try to have a strong pulling 4th, 5th and 6th, while guys who do roll racing or quarter mile only rely on the first 4 gears possibly 5th (shorter geared cars). As far as a Cobra revving out 5th and throwing 6th i've personally never seen it done...i've revved out 5th to about 5800 at about 175mph in the GT500 with still some of 5th gear to go but being its a overdrive gear and the 6th even being taller it would be pointless to throw 6th unless you have a setup like that in twin turbo ford gt's making enough power to utilize the tall 6th or having 6th gear modified to be shorter. i'd say that if a cobra and gtr were dead even til the cobras 4th that after 5th gear was thrown in the cobra the gtr would then have a upper hand....

this race displays what happens when a overdrive gear is thrown against a car that has a 5th and 6th gear designed to keep the acceleration constant instead of falling on its face

Back to top Go down
LthlGT500
STREET KING
STREET KING

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love AMS!!!!!!!   Gotta love AMS!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2010, 11:13 pm

TheCrusherCobra wrote:
cam Intake Tune c6z06 would've walked that M6. all the way to 200MPH. just saying .

yes your right, but your argument was top end, too evenly matched cars til 160mph or 140mph the car with the shorter top end gears and aerodynamics would win after 160...sadly they design American cars to have long 5th and 6th gears to improve gas mileage unlike German cars and italian cars (porsche, ferrari, lamborghini) where they have shorter top end gears...why do you think lambos and porsches do so well in the mile run also supras
Back to top Go down
LthlGT500
STREET KING
STREET KING

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love AMS!!!!!!!   Gotta love AMS!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2010, 11:15 pm

V6Chris wrote:
My new setup, in 3rd i'll be able to do 180+mph not even including the new additions I might be throwing on. I wont be racing anyone to 180 except for one of my boys zx1

as I said earlier, its preference, im sure your car will be able to do it if you want it to, its more dangerous then going 100 but some people like to push the limits
Back to top Go down
V6Chris
STREET LEGEND
STREET LEGEND
V6Chris

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love AMS!!!!!!!   Gotta love AMS!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2010, 11:24 pm

LthlGT500 wrote:
V6Chris wrote:

as I said earlier, its preference, im sure your car will be able to do it if you want it to, its more dangerous then going 100 but some people like to push the limits

The will be what it'll be. Things have changed so drastically since the listed setup I have that its almost a lil worry some what kinda machine this will be. On paper, Digs breeze, low rollz love em, high rolls and even top end should be INSANE on the car. but who knows thats on paper, might be a slow turd Cool

YO hit me up bro, im bored, idk if you wana hit scarlets or tootsies or some shit if your bored. or Las Olas w/e bro just trying ta get my drink on
Back to top Go down
SILVERBEAST
STREET KING
STREET KING
SILVERBEAST

Number of posts : 2451

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love AMS!!!!!!!   Gotta love AMS!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2010, 1:17 am

Zack, I wouldn't be surprise if your car comes out the shop almost as fast as this one... You better watchout Shane because his GTR might be coming for you!... affraid Lol
Back to top Go down
CRUSH
Admin
Admin
CRUSH

Number of posts : 3512

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love AMS!!!!!!!   Gotta love AMS!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2010, 7:31 pm

popcorn
Back to top Go down
asap1320
asap1320

Number of posts : 544
Registration date : 2010-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love AMS!!!!!!!   Gotta love AMS!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2010, 12:16 pm

if ams gtr does 160 at the top of 5th why does 26brx8's car do 145mph??
Back to top Go down
http://asaperformanceparts.com
R35 GTR
R35 GTR

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love AMS!!!!!!!   Gotta love AMS!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2010, 1:23 pm

This car has a built motor with farerra springs so it's reving to 7500 instead of 7 that's how they got more mph and as far as the other Gtr goes he could
Be referring to gps speed as this speedo said they crossed at 159-160 when in reality it was 153. The faster u go the more off it becomes same thing with the bike except the bikes are a lot worse
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love AMS!!!!!!!   Gotta love AMS!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2010, 1:41 pm

R35 GTR wrote:
This car has a built motor with farerra springs so it's reving to 7500 instead of 7 that's how they got more mph and as far as the other Gtr goes he could
Be referring to gps speed as this speedo said they crossed at 159-160 when in reality it was 153.
The faster u go the more off it becomes same thing with the bike except the bikes are a lot worse

This Is 100% true>> It happened to me In this race>> I topped Out 4th gear In my c6z06 which Is 160 In the stock Speedo at 7k and my GPS reed 153MPH at the end of 4th at 7k.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
asap1320
asap1320

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love AMS!!!!!!!   Gotta love AMS!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2010, 2:33 pm

makes sense> didnt know they only rev to 7k
Back to top Go down
V6Chris
STREET LEGEND
STREET LEGEND
V6Chris

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love AMS!!!!!!!   Gotta love AMS!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2010, 5:04 pm

TheCrusherCobra wrote:
R35 GTR wrote:
Be referring to gps speed as this speedo said they crossed at 159-160 when in reality it was 153.
The faster u go the more off it becomes same thing with the bike except the bikes are a lot worse

This Is 100% true>> It happened to me In this race>> I topped Out 4th gear In my c6z06 which Is 160 In the stock Speedo at 7k and my GPS reed 153MPH at the end of 4th at 7k.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

once again, its all about Frank Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
asap1320
asap1320

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love AMS!!!!!!!   Gotta love AMS!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2010, 5:17 pm

SILVERBEAST wrote:
Zack, I wouldn't be surprise if your car comes out the shop almost as fast as this one... You better watchout Shane because his GTR might be coming for you!... affraid Lol

ill be looking in mirrors lol!

jk
Back to top Go down
MRxSLAYx
MRxSLAYx

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love AMS!!!!!!!   Gotta love AMS!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2010, 5:33 pm

asap1320 wrote:
SILVERBEAST wrote:

ill be looking in mirrors lol!

jk

lol!

Cant wait to see you guys run.
Back to top Go down
SlowSilverGTR
STREET KING
STREET KING
SlowSilverGTR

Number of posts : 1478
Registration date : 2010-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love AMS!!!!!!!   Gotta love AMS!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2010, 8:41 pm

Zack please remove this post ASAP! Some certain Cobra owner might commit suicide after his next failed attempt at the track!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love AMS!!!!!!!   Gotta love AMS!!!!!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gotta love AMS!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next