SOUTHERN KNIGHTS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Import vs Domestic Wild street Final

Go down 
+3
gatoasao
GT30WRX/BANNED
s.e.a.n
7 posters
AuthorMessage
s.e.a.n
STREET KING
STREET KING
s.e.a.n

Number of posts : 1202
Registration date : 2009-03-09

Import vs Domestic Wild street Final Empty
PostSubject: Import vs Domestic Wild street Final   Import vs Domestic Wild street Final I_icon_minitimeNovember 10th 2010, 10:56 am

This goes to show how far imports have grown over the years
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
gatoasao
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
gatoasao

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2010-09-25

PostSubject: Re: Import vs Domestic Wild street Final   Import vs Domestic Wild street Final I_icon_minitimeNovember 10th 2010, 12:42 pm

nrg team runs very hard, props to them. Honestly I don't like the weight penalties imposed on the V8 just for running turbo's, 3400lb minimum vs 2400 for the honda. That's half a ton difference, it's like strapping a 1000lb trailer to the honda and telling it to run 8's in the quarter.
Back to top Go down
V6Chris
STREET LEGEND
STREET LEGEND
V6Chris

Number of posts : 5188
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Import vs Domestic Wild street Final   Import vs Domestic Wild street Final I_icon_minitimeNovember 10th 2010, 3:13 pm

gatoasao wrote:
nrg team runs very hard, props to them. Honestly I don't like the weight penalties imposed on the V8 just for running turbo's, 3400lb minimum vs 2400 for the honda. That's half a ton difference, it's like strapping a 1000lb trailer to the honda and telling it to run 8's in the quarter.

plus one
Back to top Go down
http://www.crtperformance.webs.com
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
gatoasao
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
gatoasao

PostSubject: Re: Import vs Domestic Wild street Final   Import vs Domestic Wild street Final I_icon_minitimeNovember 10th 2010, 7:43 pm

Funny thing is in x275 vs HotRod (all the supras and 2j swaps), domestics had same weight penalties, and imports could run any rear end, turbo AND nitrous, any transmission, backhalved chassis, WHEELIE BARS, SLICKS, any fuel, and domestics could only run gasoline, stock chassis, no wheelie bars, DRAG RADIALS ONLY max 275 width, only one power adder, and all were running 7's and david wolve clicked a pass at 220+mph. I had to pick my jaw off the floor.

Still every supra managed to break. Sad
Back to top Go down
03eatoncobra
Professional Street Racer
03eatoncobra

Number of posts : 376
Registration date : 2009-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Import vs Domestic Wild street Final   Import vs Domestic Wild street Final I_icon_minitimeNovember 11th 2010, 4:51 pm

gatoasao wrote:
Funny thing is in x275 vs HotRod (all the supras and 2j swaps), domestics had same weight penalties, and imports could run any rear end, turbo AND nitrous, any transmission, backhalved chassis, WHEELIE BARS, SLICKS, any fuel, and domestics could only run gasoline, stock chassis, no wheelie bars, DRAG RADIALS ONLY max 275 width, only one power adder, and all were running 7's and david wolve clicked a pass at 220+mph. I had to pick my jaw off the floor.

very sad!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
V6Chris
STREET LEGEND
STREET LEGEND
V6Chris

PostSubject: Re: Import vs Domestic Wild street Final   Import vs Domestic Wild street Final I_icon_minitimeNovember 11th 2010, 8:46 pm

gatoasao wrote:

the ugly truth

you know Mr. Wolfe has a son thats on this site every once in a while
Back to top Go down
killacamcivic
Amateur Racer
Amateur Racer
killacamcivic

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Import vs Domestic Wild street Final   Import vs Domestic Wild street Final I_icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2010, 11:16 pm

V6Chris wrote:
gatoasao wrote:

the ugly truth

you know Mr. Wolfe has a son thats on this site every once in a while

oh yeah and who would that be lol
Back to top Go down
V6Chris
STREET LEGEND
STREET LEGEND
V6Chris

PostSubject: Re: Import vs Domestic Wild street Final   Import vs Domestic Wild street Final I_icon_minitimeNovember 15th 2010, 1:17 am

Isaac
Back to top Go down
asap1320
asap1320

Number of posts : 544
Registration date : 2010-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Import vs Domestic Wild street Final   Import vs Domestic Wild street Final I_icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2010, 11:41 am

gatoasao wrote:

how much weight do you think they had to add to the vette for it to weigh 3400lbs?
Back to top Go down
http://asaperformanceparts.com
gatoasao
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
gatoasao

PostSubject: Re: Import vs Domestic Wild street Final   Import vs Domestic Wild street Final I_icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2010, 12:30 pm

asap1320 wrote:
how much weight do you think they had to add to the vette for it to weigh 3400lbs?

none. If you add a full cage, the weight of a twin turbo system and a driver, that's how much it weights for a stock chassis, probably more :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Import vs Domestic Wild street Final   Import vs Domestic Wild street Final I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Import vs Domestic Wild street Final
Page 1 of 1