SOUTHERN KNIGHTS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Best in the GT

Go down 
+7
allmotorek528
03eatoncobra
s.e.a.n
DJNMS3
XSPSI
gatoasao
V6Chris
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
V6Chris
STREET LEGEND
STREET LEGEND
V6Chris

Number of posts : 5188
Registration date : 2009-01-30

New Best in the GT Empty
PostSubject: New Best in the GT   New Best in the GT I_icon_minitimeDecember 9th 2010, 1:26 am

60'.......1.873
1/8.......7.862
mph.......91.67
1000...... .0000-wasnt working
1/4........12.121
mph........115mph

ran a 12.4@114mph before that, then 12.3@112mph before that run

2009 Mustang GT V8 3V 4.6
Intake
Tune
125shot

pump gas, street tires, no 2step, full weight.
has about $650 into it.
Very pleased with where its at so far. Should be in the 11s on street tires easy after the 2step.
Back to top Go down
http://www.crtperformance.webs.com
gatoasao
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
gatoasao

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2010-09-25

New Best in the GT Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Best in the GT   New Best in the GT I_icon_minitimeDecember 9th 2010, 12:50 pm

Nice! auto or stick?
Back to top Go down
XSPSI
Professional Street Racer
XSPSI

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2009-11-19

New Best in the GT Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Best in the GT   New Best in the GT I_icon_minitimeDecember 9th 2010, 1:59 pm

Nice run, I'm sure the cold weather helped out too.
Back to top Go down
DJNMS3
Amateur Racer
Amateur Racer
DJNMS3

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2009-11-30

New Best in the GT Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Best in the GT   New Best in the GT I_icon_minitimeDecember 9th 2010, 2:30 pm

wow im impressed! nice times! my dad just got a 2010 mustang GT and so far all he has is intake on it.. hes gonna let me take it to the track and im expecting to at least do a 13.2.
Back to top Go down
s.e.a.n
STREET KING
STREET KING
s.e.a.n

Number of posts : 1202
Registration date : 2009-03-09

New Best in the GT Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Best in the GT   New Best in the GT I_icon_minitimeDecember 9th 2010, 6:39 pm

With some decent tires you'll see 11s
Back to top Go down
V6Chris
STREET LEGEND
STREET LEGEND
V6Chris

New Best in the GT Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Best in the GT   New Best in the GT I_icon_minitimeDecember 9th 2010, 7:53 pm

gatoasao wrote:
Nice! auto or stick?
Thank you,
Stick

DJNMS3 wrote:
wow im impressed! nice times! my dad just got a 2010 mustang GT and so far all he has is intake on it.. hes gonna let me take it to the track and im expecting to at least do a 13.2.

shouldnt be to hard. bone stock in nice weather i ran 13.3 @ 103mph
on motor with just the intake and tune it went 13.3 @ 106mph
I just gotta get my 60ft down. im going next wed with my 2step, if I can pull a 1.8 60ft it should dip in the high 12s all motor.

Good luck man!

s.e.a.n wrote:
With some decent tires you'll see 11s

Im gonna head back next week with the 2step this time and try for 1.7 60ft to see if it'll dip me in the 11s. The street tires I have are pretty good actually. She only spun once at a high 4,000rpm clutch dump on nitrous
Back to top Go down
03eatoncobra
03eatoncobra

Number of posts : 376
Registration date : 2009-07-30

New Best in the GT Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Best in the GT   New Best in the GT I_icon_minitimeDecember 9th 2010, 8:20 pm

11's should not be a problem cheers
Back to top Go down
allmotorek528

allmotorek528

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2010-07-19

New Best in the GT Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Best in the GT   New Best in the GT I_icon_minitimeDecember 9th 2010, 8:25 pm

what type of tire?spraying out the hole? great times btw
Back to top Go down
V6Chris
STREET LEGEND
STREET LEGEND
V6Chris

New Best in the GT Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Best in the GT   New Best in the GT I_icon_minitimeDecember 9th 2010, 9:27 pm

allmotorek528 wrote:

firestone firehawks
yeah i got it on a pedal switch, last time i had it just on a button and I was to scared about hitting it out the hole.
So this time i just launched sorta easy and once it hit WOT and the switch the nitrous woke it up and just drove it out the hole nicely. lol i love it.
I know with just more practice I can get it at least flat 12s. Im still figuring out the launch with these tires.

literally I just picked a random tire pressure and stuck with it, and didnt play with it. but I've learn from before previous times at the track what pressure to set DRs and street tires
i think i had it at about 23psi last night.
Back to top Go down
allmotorek528

allmotorek528

New Best in the GT Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Best in the GT   New Best in the GT I_icon_minitimeDecember 9th 2010, 9:39 pm

V6Chris wrote:
allmotorek528 wrote:

firestone firehawks
yeah i got it on a pedal switch, last time i had it just on a button and I was to scared about hitting it out the hole.
So this time i just launched sorta easy and once it hit WOT and the switch the nitrous woke it up and just drove it out the hole nicely. lol i love it.
I know with just more practice I can get it at least flat 12s. Im still figuring out the launch with these tires.

literally I just picked a random tire pressure and stuck with it, and didnt play with it. but I've learn from before previous times at the track what pressure to set DRs and street tires
ah you got 11 for sure,what about bottle pressure holding til the end of the run?sorry for all the ?,im the middle of setting up a direct port on the honda.
Back to top Go down
V6Chris
STREET LEGEND
STREET LEGEND
V6Chris

New Best in the GT Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Best in the GT   New Best in the GT I_icon_minitimeDecember 9th 2010, 9:56 pm

allmotorek528 wrote:
V6Chris wrote:
allmotorek528 wrote:

firestone firehawks

ah you got 11 for sure,what about bottle pressure holding til the end of the run?sorry for all the ?,im the middle of setting up a direct port on the honda.

its str8 man no prob, im pretty new to nitrous really, this is my first nitrous setup that I actually use for myself. its a cheap kit, no window switch or purge or anything special. torch to heat it up, single fogger..
but I start my pass at 1100psi bottle pressure. last night after each pass it went down to about 1000-950psi
I guess it holds up well though, if you got a bottle warmer your golden.
with a 125shot i get about 3-4 good passes on nitrous. and still have plenty, Cody and me ran an old man on 95 on the way back in that cadi XLR.

good luck with your direct port man. what motor is it going on?
Back to top Go down
schadenfreude
schadenfreude

Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2010-04-20

New Best in the GT Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Best in the GT   New Best in the GT I_icon_minitimeDecember 9th 2010, 10:43 pm

Hey Chris, why don't you get that NOS launcher to help with your times.
Back to top Go down
V6Chris
STREET LEGEND
STREET LEGEND
V6Chris

New Best in the GT Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Best in the GT   New Best in the GT I_icon_minitimeDecember 9th 2010, 11:11 pm

schadenfreude wrote:
Hey Chris, why don't you get that NOS launcher to help with your times.
im not going to spend any more money on this car really.
next week im putting the WOT box and 2step in, and then prolly end up getting a catless mid pipe since the nitrous is gonna ruin my cats.
at the most dyno tune the nitrous setup on a 125shot
I'am already happy with where its at
for under $1,000 i got it in the low 12s and has a good chance of goin 11s. so thats plenty fine for me.
Back to top Go down
allmotorek528

allmotorek528

New Best in the GT Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Best in the GT   New Best in the GT I_icon_minitimeDecember 10th 2010, 12:35 am

V6Chris wrote:
allmotorek528 wrote:
V6Chris wrote:
allmotorek528 wrote:

firestone firehawks

its str8 man no prob, im pretty new to nitrous really, this is my first nitrous setup that I actually use for myself. its a cheap kit, no window switch or purge or anything special. torch to heat it up, single fogger..
but I start my pass at 1100psi bottle pressure. last night after each pass it went down to about 1000-950psi
with a 125shot i get about 3-4 good passes on nitrous. and still have plenty, Cody and me ran an old man on 95 on the way back in that cadi XLR.

we ran before,i got the siver hatch black hood.just with a bad tranny.just a stock 1.8 vtec.thanks for the info.i foresee a future call out Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Phantom SRT4
STREET KING
STREET KING
Phantom SRT4

Number of posts : 2395
Registration date : 2009-02-14

New Best in the GT Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Best in the GT   New Best in the GT I_icon_minitimeDecember 10th 2010, 12:46 am

V6Chris wrote:
allmotorek528 wrote:
V6Chris wrote:
allmotorek528 wrote:

firestone firehawks

lol! That crazy old man wanted to dig on I95 lmao.... dont forget u made a few passes, + that run, + quite a few pulls showing me the different rpm/speeds in each gears
Back to top Go down
V6Chris
STREET LEGEND
STREET LEGEND
V6Chris

New Best in the GT Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Best in the GT   New Best in the GT I_icon_minitimeDecember 10th 2010, 9:07 am

lol oh true, yeah man lmk when you get the nitrous in and we can try out a friendly run. you get the tranny in good order?

lol yeah Cody, ole man wanted a dig on I95 with his wife lol i swear ima be like that at 60+ with my black car cruisin lol

yeah that nitrous last a while actually, i forgot about the pulls, we did like 3 or so
Back to top Go down
pingaloca25
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
pingaloca25

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2010-09-05

New Best in the GT Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Best in the GT   New Best in the GT I_icon_minitimeDecember 10th 2010, 12:04 pm

Good shit chris!
Back to top Go down
V6Chris
STREET LEGEND
STREET LEGEND
V6Chris

New Best in the GT Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Best in the GT   New Best in the GT I_icon_minitimeDecember 11th 2010, 7:12 pm

thanks man
Back to top Go down
V6Chris
STREET LEGEND
STREET LEGEND
V6Chris

New Best in the GT Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Best in the GT   New Best in the GT I_icon_minitimeJanuary 26th 2011, 8:50 pm

finally got the pic loaded...late but w/e heres the proof

New Best in the GT DSCN0335

Back to top Go down
Phantom SRT4
STREET KING
STREET KING
Phantom SRT4

New Best in the GT Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Best in the GT   New Best in the GT I_icon_minitimeJanuary 27th 2011, 8:49 pm

Good stuff man, im sure u could have pulled a 11.9 without putting any more money into it...
Back to top Go down
V6Chris
STREET LEGEND
STREET LEGEND
V6Chris

New Best in the GT Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Best in the GT   New Best in the GT I_icon_minitimeJanuary 27th 2011, 8:51 pm

I'll find out when i get it back if it will lol
i think i might throw everything back in for one last go around, maybe hit one size higher jets
Back to top Go down
Phantom SRT4
STREET KING
STREET KING
Phantom SRT4

New Best in the GT Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Best in the GT   New Best in the GT I_icon_minitimeJanuary 27th 2011, 9:23 pm

150 shot and maybe some DRs, your set... Not bad at all for 3 simple mods
Back to top Go down
08gt

08gt

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-10-08

New Best in the GT Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Best in the GT   New Best in the GT I_icon_minitimeJanuary 28th 2011, 1:19 pm

carefull with pumping those jets up without datalogging fuel pump duty cycle.as you seat right now with the 125 you should be in the 90% or so fpdc.
its been proven that to run a 150 in this cars you need at least a boost a pump to help with fuel.
Back to top Go down
V6Chris
STREET LEGEND
STREET LEGEND
V6Chris

New Best in the GT Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Best in the GT   New Best in the GT I_icon_minitimeJanuary 28th 2011, 2:14 pm

yeah, i actually might not. My black car might be out around the same time. I'd rather use it where its important Wink
Back to top Go down
Phantom SRT4
STREET KING
STREET KING
Phantom SRT4

New Best in the GT Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Best in the GT   New Best in the GT I_icon_minitimeJanuary 28th 2011, 3:14 pm

Like on a Camaro *cough cough* lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Best in the GT Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Best in the GT   New Best in the GT I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Best in the GT
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS :: RACING :: The Track-
Jump to: