SOUTHERN KNIGHTS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Help me choose the right street tire.

Go down 
+3
b18chatch06
Jspec Mk4
USMCWARVET
7 posters
AuthorMessage
USMCWARVET
Professional Street Racer
USMCWARVET

Number of posts : 444
Registration date : 2010-10-03

Help me choose the right street tire. Empty
PostSubject: Help me choose the right street tire.   Help me choose the right street tire. I_icon_minitimeDecember 15th 2010, 2:20 pm

I don't know if this is the best section to put this but this section gets the most traffic. My car with the new setup is suffering from real bad wheel spin. I have a set of 16" x 8" rims that i can use. Now im not looking for a slick since i want to drive the car on the street . SO im looking for the best ET Street Radial tire.

I would like some inputs from the guys who HAVE drag radials or have experienced with them in the past. Please don't post something you read over at another forum or head from your uncle.Thank you in advanced .

her are 2 of the tires im looking at :

nitto 555rs
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
nitto 05r they dont come in a 16
Mickey Thompson ET Street Radial Drag Tires
Back to top Go down
Jspec Mk4
STREET KING
STREET KING
Jspec Mk4

Number of posts : 1588
Registration date : 2009-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Help me choose the right street tire.   Help me choose the right street tire. I_icon_minitimeDecember 15th 2010, 2:35 pm

m/t!!!!!
Back to top Go down
b18chatch06
b18chatch06

Number of posts : 501
Registration date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Help me choose the right street tire.   Help me choose the right street tire. I_icon_minitimeDecember 15th 2010, 4:04 pm

depends on how often you drive vs race the car. i daily my car so i went with the nitto 555r's and have been more than happy with them. my car hooks in 2nd with 570/650tq and i got 11k out of them which is probably twice the life of M/T's. if its a weekend warrior/race car i would go with M/T's or nitto NT05Rs whichever you find cheaper to ensure as much traction as possible.
Back to top Go down
BlackMambaLS3
STREET KING
STREET KING
BlackMambaLS3

Number of posts : 1749
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Help me choose the right street tire.   Help me choose the right street tire. I_icon_minitimeDecember 15th 2010, 4:10 pm

b18chatch06 wrote:
depends on how often you drive vs race the car. i daily my car so i went with the nitto 555r's and have been more than happy with them. my car hooks in 2nd with 570/650tq and i got 11k out of them which is probably twice the life of M/T's. if its a weekend warrior/race car i would go with M/T's or nitto NT05Rs whichever you find cheaper to ensure as much traction as possible.

couldnt have said it in a better way!
Back to top Go down
V6Chris
STREET LEGEND
STREET LEGEND
V6Chris

Number of posts : 5188
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Help me choose the right street tire.   Help me choose the right street tire. I_icon_minitimeDecember 15th 2010, 5:01 pm

mickeys are gonna hook the best out of what you've mentioned. but theyre gunna die the fastest.
Back to top Go down
http://www.crtperformance.webs.com
USMCWARVET
USMCWARVET

Number of posts : 444
Registration date : 2010-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Help me choose the right street tire.   Help me choose the right street tire. I_icon_minitimeDecember 15th 2010, 5:18 pm

b18chatch06 wrote:

i dont daily drive the car i use it on the weekends , it probably sees 400 miles a month. im leaning more and more towards those 555rs but i dont like that they dont come in a 275 or 295 in a 16" rim.

what about M&H ? anyone try them ?
Back to top Go down
Eifelrennen
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
Eifelrennen

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Help me choose the right street tire.   Help me choose the right street tire. I_icon_minitimeDecember 19th 2010, 3:12 am

USMCWARVET wrote:

what about M&H ? anyone try them ?

Back to top Go down
gatoasao
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
gatoasao

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2010-09-25

PostSubject: Re: Help me choose the right street tire.   Help me choose the right street tire. I_icon_minitimeDecember 19th 2010, 3:52 pm

M/T for max grip.

How much power are you putting down? Maybe just the tires wont solve your problem.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help me choose the right street tire.   Help me choose the right street tire. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help me choose the right street tire.
Page 1 of 1