SOUTHERN KNIGHTS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A little suspension tuning at countyline

Go down 
+2
XSPSI
gatoasao
6 posters
AuthorMessage
gatoasao
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
gatoasao

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2010-09-25

A little suspension tuning at countyline Empty
PostSubject: A little suspension tuning at countyline   A little suspension tuning at countyline I_icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2011, 12:01 am

AB Autoworks turbo mustang doing some adjustments to the stock suspension on the mustang. Tony let off early on both passes until we can calm down the car without removing power.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUNZl79Ex0c
Back to top Go down
XSPSI
Professional Street Racer
XSPSI

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2009-11-19

PostSubject: Re: A little suspension tuning at countyline   A little suspension tuning at countyline I_icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2011, 7:51 am

Launching hard guys, keep up the good work. El carro tiene la suspension con cadenas alante?
Back to top Go down
632cobra
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
632cobra

Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: A little suspension tuning at countyline   A little suspension tuning at countyline I_icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2011, 8:01 am

Thats what I was just going to post. Put some travel limiters up front and problem solved. Car is moving out. Congrats.
Back to top Go down
FordsRKing
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
FordsRKing

Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2009-08-17

PostSubject: Re: A little suspension tuning at countyline   A little suspension tuning at countyline I_icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2011, 2:32 pm

actually limiting front end travel in this case is not the only solution to the problem. other things need to be addressed as well. whats the front end weight percentage??
Back to top Go down
gatoasao
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
gatoasao

PostSubject: Re: A little suspension tuning at countyline   A little suspension tuning at countyline I_icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2011, 9:46 pm

It doesn't have chains. It needs adjustable shocks to limit the suspension travel a little bit on the front end. The weight distribution is very close to 70 front 30 rear. The intercooler itself weights 60pounds. Still needs some work.
Back to top Go down
03eatoncobra
03eatoncobra

Number of posts : 376
Registration date : 2009-07-30

PostSubject: Re: A little suspension tuning at countyline   A little suspension tuning at countyline I_icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2011, 12:14 am

very impressive!!! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
FordsRKing
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
FordsRKing

PostSubject: Re: A little suspension tuning at countyline   A little suspension tuning at countyline I_icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2011, 3:43 pm

gatoasao wrote:
It doesn't have chains. It needs adjustable shocks to limit the suspension travel a little bit on the front end. The weight distribution is very close to 70 front 30 rear. The intercooler itself weights 60pounds. Still needs some work.
Have you put that car on race scales? I have never seen any car (even with a big block and turbo) be so weight bias in the front.
Back to top Go down
632cobra
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
632cobra

PostSubject: Re: A little suspension tuning at countyline   A little suspension tuning at countyline I_icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2011, 8:15 pm

gatoasao wrote:

I dont think the car has been scaled cause 70-30 does not seem right. What your saying is that on a 3000lb car, your front weight total is 2000lb and rear weight 1000lb. Anything is possible but something does not add up

If you need any help send Eli or myself a pm and he can set it up if you want to scale the car so you can get accurate numbers. Also, having adjustable struts will help your situation but the small investment of travel limiters are priceless.
Just my opinion. Trying to help.

Luis "Pacman"
Back to top Go down
gatoasao
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
gatoasao

PostSubject: Re: A little suspension tuning at countyline   A little suspension tuning at countyline I_icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2011, 9:23 pm

Thanks, the car is extremely nose heavy, just between turbo-intercooler-headers-exhaust are more than 400pounds on the nose. That was just some baseline tuning on the suspension. Putting chains on the car will be a last option because "if" it lifts the nose with the chains on and the driver lifts off, it will bend everything because it does not have any suspension travel to absorb the shock of the car going down. Again, thanks, I'll let Tony know about the scale and prob get in touch.
Back to top Go down
redformula88
Amateur Racer
Amateur Racer
redformula88

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2010-05-26

PostSubject: Re: A little suspension tuning at countyline   A little suspension tuning at countyline I_icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2011, 12:28 pm

i had the same problem with my car a while back and limiters helped a TON.i sat on each front fender as the limiters were tightened to compress the front even more.the car went from standing on the bumper to carrying the tires about 100-200'.you may have to take some power out of it as I did because realistically a car making that much power without wheelie bars, you kind of have no choice.putting the car on scales also helped dramatically.
your concern about bending things because of the lack of suspension travel is a viable one but remember that the car probably wont pull the front tires high enough to damage anything when it comes down once you have limiters on the front.just my .02.good luck
Back to top Go down
632cobra
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
632cobra

PostSubject: Re: A little suspension tuning at countyline   A little suspension tuning at countyline I_icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2011, 12:59 pm

Sometimes to have to add power to hit the tires harder to keep the nose down. Better to spin a little than hit the rear bumper.

The pic on my avatar was with 1 3/4 travel on the chains and 50% nos

Then we left with 85 % nos and 0 travel. Car dead hooked 1.20 60ft

Maybe Eli can jump in here and explain. I didnt get why a car that does not hook with less power out the hole can hook with more power until it was explained to me and it was proven with that pass. We have also spun tires with more travel and less power. Depends on the track that day. Get as much info on the track surface as you can everytime you go, Temp, humidity etc.
Back to top Go down
FordsRKing
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
FordsRKing

PostSubject: Re: A little suspension tuning at countyline   A little suspension tuning at countyline I_icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2011, 3:50 pm

632cobra wrote:

Sometimes to have to add power to hit the tires harder to keep the nose down. Better to spin a little than hit the rear bumper.

The pic on my avatar was with 1 3/4 travel on the chains and 50% nos

Then we left with 85 % nos and 0 travel. Car dead hooked 1.20 60ft

Maybe Eli can jump in here and explain. I didnt get why a car that does not hook with less power out the hole can hook with more power until it was explained to me and it was proven with that pass. We have also spun tires with more travel and less power. Depends on the track that day. Get as much info on the track surface as you can everytime you go, Temp, humidity etc.

Luis there was more than just that when i setup your suspension, not that easy, and every car is different. If the owner of the car wants to bring it by we can have that thing on a rail in no time. cheers
Back to top Go down
gatoasao
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
gatoasao

PostSubject: Re: A little suspension tuning at countyline   A little suspension tuning at countyline I_icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2011, 10:24 am

FordsRKing wrote:

Luis there was more than just that when i setup your suspension, not that easy, and every car is different. If the owner of the car wants to bring it by we can have that thing on a rail in no time. cheers

Thanks for the offer. I see you know your game very well, we'll be in touch. Right now we have the rear very close to 100% AS and the IC is already behind the CG. I'd like to bring the IC back a little bit to remove some front end lift but I'm afraid it might just hit the rear tires too hard and spin 4 feet out.
Back to top Go down
FordsRKing
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
FordsRKing

PostSubject: Re: A little suspension tuning at countyline   A little suspension tuning at countyline I_icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2011, 6:57 pm

gatoasao wrote:
FordsRKing wrote:

Thanks for the offer. I see you know your game very well, we'll be in touch. Right now we have the rear very close to 100% AS and the IC is already behind the CG. I'd like to bring the IC back a little bit to remove some front end lift but I'm afraid it might just hit the rear tires too hard and spin 4 feet out.

Cool, the car is not to far from being were it needs to be, good luck!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A little suspension tuning at countyline   A little suspension tuning at countyline I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A little suspension tuning at countyline
Page 1 of 1