SOUTHERN KNIGHTS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Old Guy / New Member

Go down 
+5
CARLITOEVO
SILVERBEAST
MrEJay-1
antoanS4
RAACCR
9 posters
AuthorMessage
RAACCR
RAACCR

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Old Guy / New Member Empty
PostSubject: Old Guy / New Member   Old Guy / New Member I_icon_minitimeJune 28th 2009, 10:29 pm

Hello everyone,
I've been lurking on this forum for a while and just signed up a few weeks ago. Figured I'd better post up and intro myself, so here's my story. I'm probably a little older than most of the members on here. Ive had all kinds of cars in the past: GMs, Fords, Imports, even old school AMCs. Not into any internet hate, BS or drama; I just love cars, bikes, boats...pretty much anything with a motor that goes fast.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Old Guy / New Member   Old Guy / New Member I_icon_minitimeJune 28th 2009, 10:36 pm

RAACCR wrote:
Hello everyone,
I've been lurking on this forum for a while and just signed up a few weeks ago. Figured I'd better post up and intro myself, so here's my story. I'm probably a little older than most of the members on here. Ive had all kinds of cars in the past: GMs, Fords, Imports, even old school AMCs. Not into any internet hate, BS or drama; I just love cars, bikes, boats...pretty much anything with a motor that goes fast.

welcome do you have a car now
Back to top Go down
antoanS4
STREET KING
STREET KING
antoanS4

Number of posts : 1038
Registration date : 2009-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Old Guy / New Member   Old Guy / New Member I_icon_minitimeJune 28th 2009, 10:43 pm

Welcome
Back to top Go down
MrEJay-1
Professional Street Racer
MrEJay-1

Number of posts : 782
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Old Guy / New Member   Old Guy / New Member I_icon_minitimeJune 29th 2009, 12:20 am

cool welcome
Back to top Go down
RAACCR
RAACCR

PostSubject: Re: Old Guy / New Member   Old Guy / New Member I_icon_minitimeJune 29th 2009, 6:48 am

Thanks for the welcome, guys.

I recently sold my heads & cam C5 FRC Corvette, which ran 11.6's @ 122 mph on drag radials.

I am currently daily driving a Chevy Trailblazer SS, which is stock, except for a K&N filter and a tune. It barely dips into the 13's, but I needed a more practical vehicle for my work, so I had to replace the 'vette with this.

I also have a 1991 GMC Syclone; I'm the original owner and it has only 15k miles. I have a 408" LS2 based motor that I'm swapping into it. Twin 76mm Turbonetics turbos, built 4L80e transmission, custom Borg Warner transfer case (its all wheel drive), and I'm setting up the fuel system for e85, since its available at the turnpike plazas now. I am hoping to have it up and running within the next few months; still finishing up the fuel system, suspension, brakes and electronics.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Old Guy / New Member   Old Guy / New Member I_icon_minitimeJune 29th 2009, 8:40 am

RAACCR wrote:
Thanks for the welcome, guys.

I recently sold my heads & cam C5 FRC Corvette, which ran 11.6's @ 122 mph on drag radials.

I am currently daily driving a Chevy Trailblazer SS, which is stock, except for a K&N filter and a tune. It barely dips into the 13's, but I needed a more practical vehicle for my work, so I had to replace the 'vette with this.

I also have a 1991 GMC Syclone; I'm the original owner and it has only 15k miles. I have a 408" LS2 based motor that I'm swapping into it. Twin 76mm Turbonetics turbos, built 4L80e transmission, custom Borg Warner transfer case (its all wheel drive), and I'm setting up the fuel system for e85, since its available at the turnpike plazas now. I am hoping to have it up and running within the next few months; still finishing up the fuel system, suspension, brakes and electronics.

syclone are cool as shit havent seen one in awhile that should run really hard. cant wait to see it done
Back to top Go down
SILVERBEAST
STREET KING
STREET KING
SILVERBEAST

Number of posts : 2451

PostSubject: Re: Old Guy / New Member   Old Guy / New Member I_icon_minitimeJune 29th 2009, 11:01 am

RAACCR wrote:
Hello everyone,

welcome to the site braa, believe me, i hate all the internet bullshit/drama too, but every now and you have to stand up for yourself&crew!... Jerkit2 Hope you enjoy the website...
Back to top Go down
CARLITOEVO
CARLITOEVO

Number of posts : 492
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Old Guy / New Member   Old Guy / New Member I_icon_minitimeJune 29th 2009, 12:59 pm

welcome
Back to top Go down
Phantom SRT4
STREET KING
STREET KING
Phantom SRT4

Number of posts : 2395
Registration date : 2009-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Old Guy / New Member   Old Guy / New Member I_icon_minitimeJune 29th 2009, 2:12 pm

Welcome, cant wait to see that Syclone running, i love those things.
Back to top Go down
ruddysentra
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
ruddysentra

Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2009-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Old Guy / New Member   Old Guy / New Member I_icon_minitimeJune 29th 2009, 7:02 pm

welcome
Back to top Go down
RAACCR
RAACCR

PostSubject: Re: Old Guy / New Member   Old Guy / New Member I_icon_minitimeJune 30th 2009, 3:57 pm

I added an avatar. That's my twin "small cover" HP76's, with 68mm F-1 turbine wheels. I'll change it up every now and then with different things from my truck.
Back to top Go down
SILVERBEAST
STREET KING
STREET KING
SILVERBEAST

PostSubject: Re: Old Guy / New Member   Old Guy / New Member I_icon_minitimeJune 30th 2009, 4:00 pm

RAACCR wrote:
I added an avatar. That's my twin "small cover" HP76's, with 68mm F-1 turbine wheels. I'll change it up every now and then with different things from my truck.

NICE!... E-85 tune is also coming soon?... scratch
Back to top Go down
RAACCR
RAACCR

PostSubject: Re: Old Guy / New Member   Old Guy / New Member I_icon_minitimeJune 30th 2009, 4:03 pm

SilverbeastSRT8 wrote:
RAACCR wrote:

NICE!... E-85 tune is also coming soon?... scratch

Yup...I knew things were getting a little out of hand when I had to scrap my old Weldon fuel pump, because it wasn't big enough Shocked

A buddy of mine convinced me about e-85; he's running it with MegaSquirt in his Fox Mustang, with a pair 70mm turbos feeding a 6L LS series GM motor.
Back to top Go down
SILVERBEAST
STREET KING
STREET KING
SILVERBEAST

PostSubject: Re: Old Guy / New Member   Old Guy / New Member I_icon_minitimeJune 30th 2009, 7:38 pm

RAACCR wrote:

Yup...I knew things were getting a little out of hand when I had to scrap my old Weldon fuel pump, because it wasn't big enough Shocked

A buddy of mine convinced me about e-85; he's running it with MegaSquirt in his Fox Mustang, with a pair 70mm turbos feeding a 6L LS series GM motor.

Is E-85 only good on boosted cars(turbo/supercharged), if not, I dont mind tunning on E-85 as well?... scratch
Back to top Go down
CRUSH
Admin
Admin
CRUSH

Number of posts : 3512

PostSubject: Re: Old Guy / New Member   Old Guy / New Member I_icon_minitimeJune 30th 2009, 8:23 pm

welcome like to see that truck
Back to top Go down
botldvq35sed
botldvq35sed

Number of posts : 408
Registration date : 2009-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Old Guy / New Member   Old Guy / New Member I_icon_minitimeJune 30th 2009, 8:38 pm

RAACCR wrote:

some nice twins... fast trucks are this shiznit bro... welcome
Back to top Go down
RAACCR
RAACCR

PostSubject: Re: Old Guy / New Member   Old Guy / New Member I_icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2009, 1:53 am

[quote="SilverbeastSRT8
Is E-85 only good on boosted cars(turbo/supercharged), if not, I dont mind tunning on E-85 as well?... scratch[/quote]

E85 could work great on a NA build. You need about 30% more injector and pump flow than on gasoline; that's pretty much all the flex fuel tunes address. To maximize the advantages of e85, you should run much more compression and ignition lead.
Back to top Go down
RAACCR
RAACCR

PostSubject: Re: Old Guy / New Member   Old Guy / New Member I_icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2009, 2:28 am

Z51JOEL wrote:

Old Guy / New Member 169eo9j

Here it is after I yanked out the old Brodix headed 6 banger, awaiting its new 408" transplant. I'm probably going to put the stock wheels back on it again.
Back to top Go down
MrEJay-1
MrEJay-1

Number of posts : 782

PostSubject: Re: Old Guy / New Member   Old Guy / New Member I_icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2009, 8:12 am

nice! i've always loved those trucks. if i had the money i would love to buy a syclone or typhoon.
Back to top Go down
Phantom SRT4
STREET KING
STREET KING
Phantom SRT4

PostSubject: Re: Old Guy / New Member   Old Guy / New Member I_icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2009, 10:56 am

SilverbeastSRT8 wrote:
Is E-85 only good on boosted cars(turbo/supercharged), if not, I dont mind tunning on E-85 as well?... scratch

u should do it, we dynoed my buddies GMC Yukon a few months ago one night (all stock), he filled up on e85 on the way to work the next morning, strapped it back on the dyno (all that was done was put e85 in the car, no tuning or anything) he gained 38whp and im not sure about the torque but it was even more.
Back to top Go down
CRUSH
Admin
Admin
CRUSH

Number of posts : 3512

PostSubject: Re: Old Guy / New Member   Old Guy / New Member I_icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2009, 7:02 pm

RAACCR wrote:
Z51JOEL wrote:

Old Guy / New Member 169eo9j

Here it is after I yanked out the old Brodix headed 6 banger, awaiting its new 408" transplant. I'm probably going to put the stock wheels back on it again.
LOOKS GOOD!
Back to top Go down
RAACCR
RAACCR

PostSubject: Re: Old Guy / New Member   Old Guy / New Member I_icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2009, 10:39 pm

Silverbeast:
I would not advocate using an alternative fuel without proper tuning. The window within which your computer can compensate may not be sufficient to produce best power safely.

Z51Joel:
I miss my old heads & cam '99 FRC 'vette everyday. Slam a few gears for me.
Back to top Go down
Phantom SRT4
STREET KING
STREET KING
Phantom SRT4

PostSubject: Re: Old Guy / New Member   Old Guy / New Member I_icon_minitimeJuly 2nd 2009, 2:12 am

defently would need to get tuned and a better fuel setup most likely, Rage-Tek has been doing a lot of E85 cars, i know they would love to do an SRT8.
Back to top Go down
SILVERBEAST
STREET KING
STREET KING
SILVERBEAST

PostSubject: Re: Old Guy / New Member   Old Guy / New Member I_icon_minitimeJuly 2nd 2009, 8:04 am

Well set it up Phantom, I could bring the car as soon as I get back from Atlanta... cheers
Back to top Go down
Phantom SRT4
STREET KING
STREET KING
Phantom SRT4

PostSubject: Re: Old Guy / New Member   Old Guy / New Member I_icon_minitimeJuly 2nd 2009, 1:24 pm

alright kool, ill let them know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Old Guy / New Member   Old Guy / New Member I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Old Guy / New Member
Page 1 of 1