SOUTHERN KNIGHTS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ran a gtr last night...

Go down 
+4
CRUSH
Papa-Smerf69
LthlGT500
03terminator
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
03terminator
STREET KING
STREET KING
03terminator

Number of posts : 1043
Registration date : 2009-07-29

ran a gtr last night... Empty
PostSubject: ran a gtr last night...   ran a gtr last night... I_icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2010, 12:58 pm

wondering how much a new gtr would run/trap with mid pipes (possible dp) and tune? ran one last night and what a fucking good/close race that was,
from a 60 (i'm on street tires and 3rd gear its not good start but w/e) he would jump a little but by the time i could catch up i'm already doing 130+ (mustang crappy aero and brick body started kicking in) he held the gap, so that's a win for him, but when we went from a 65 i pulled half a car all the way to 140 (then i let off, car seems it wants to fly and take off lol! ) run 2 more times but i either didn't hear the honks or he didn't herd mines (damn loud exhaust Wink )
Back to top Go down
LthlGT500
STREET KING
STREET KING

Number of posts : 1236
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: ran a gtr last night...   ran a gtr last night... I_icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2010, 1:19 pm

Running a GTR is always a funny race.....I raced a similar GTR with mid-pipe and tune when I trapped 123-125....in the beginning from a 50 roll we would jump together then I would shift and he would get out about a car because of how fast the shifting is then I would come back then as I shift again he would get out...around 135-140 is when I finally closed the gap on the GTR....the funny part about it is that you always feel like your going to pass it but it just kinda keeps its distance until you start getting up to speed....20% power to the front and 80% to the rear help its top end
Back to top Go down
03terminator
STREET KING
STREET KING
03terminator

PostSubject: Re: ran a gtr last night...   ran a gtr last night... I_icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2010, 1:21 pm

LthlGT500 wrote:
Running a GTR is always a funny race.....I raced a similar GTR with mid-pipe and tune when I trapped 123-125....in the beginning from a 50 roll we would jump together then I would shift and he would get out about a car because of how fast the shifting is then I would come back then as I shift again he would get out...around 135-140 is when I finally closed the gap on the GTR....the funny part about it is that you always feel like your going to pass it but it just kinda keeps its distance until you start getting up to speed....20% power to the front and 80% to the rear help its top end
yeah they seem have pretty good top end
Back to top Go down
LthlGT500
STREET KING
STREET KING

PostSubject: Re: ran a gtr last night...   ran a gtr last night... I_icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2010, 1:24 pm

here is the race...hard to tell but I think the GTR 5th gear is where it starts to die down
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
03terminator
STREET KING
STREET KING
03terminator

PostSubject: Re: ran a gtr last night...   ran a gtr last night... I_icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2010, 1:24 pm

just found this vid (not saying its the same car but this is pbir, looks identical and same mods)

Back to top Go down
03terminator
STREET KING
STREET KING
03terminator

PostSubject: Re: ran a gtr last night...   ran a gtr last night... I_icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2010, 1:25 pm

LthlGT500 wrote:
here is the race...hard to tell but I think the GTR 5th gear is where it starts to die down
nice.. don't you miss that gt500 at times? lol!
Back to top Go down
LthlGT500
STREET KING
STREET KING

PostSubject: Re: ran a gtr last night...   ran a gtr last night... I_icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2010, 1:26 pm

by the way nice avatar
Back to top Go down
03terminator
STREET KING
STREET KING
03terminator

PostSubject: Re: ran a gtr last night...   ran a gtr last night... I_icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2010, 1:27 pm

LthlGT500 wrote:
by the way nice avatar
likewise brother..
Back to top Go down
LthlGT500
STREET KING
STREET KING

PostSubject: Re: ran a gtr last night...   ran a gtr last night... I_icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2010, 1:28 pm

03terminator wrote:
LthlGT500 wrote:

of course I miss it...I have wet dreams about it at night lol! ...but I think better things are to come Wink
Back to top Go down
03terminator
STREET KING
STREET KING
03terminator

PostSubject: Re: ran a gtr last night...   ran a gtr last night... I_icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2010, 1:38 pm

LthlGT500 wrote:
03terminator wrote:
LthlGT500 wrote:

of course I miss it...I have wet dreams about it at night lol! ...but I think better things are to come Wink

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Papa-Smerf69
Professional Street Racer
Papa-Smerf69

Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2009-11-16

PostSubject: Re: ran a gtr last night...   ran a gtr last night... I_icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2010, 1:59 pm

Terminator we can still run but iv beaten a gtr with some hks setup upgraded turbos not big tho he claimed he was runing a 10.6 jus for the headsup
Back to top Go down
03terminator
STREET KING
STREET KING
03terminator

PostSubject: Re: ran a gtr last night...   ran a gtr last night... I_icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2010, 2:18 pm

Papa-Smerf69 wrote:
Terminator we can still run but iv beaten a gtr with some hks setup upgraded turbos not big tho he claimed he was runing a 10.6 jus for the headsup
how much u pulled on him? (just thinking if it will be worth your time/gas scratch ) was it a black gtr and the guy a skinny dude ( india descent ?) lol!
Back to top Go down
CRUSH
Admin
Admin
CRUSH

Number of posts : 3512

PostSubject: Re: ran a gtr last night...   ran a gtr last night... I_icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2010, 2:37 pm

03terminator wrote:
wondering how much a new gtr would run/trap with mid pipes (possible dp) and tune? ran one last night and what a fucking good/close race that was,
from a 60 (i'm on street tires and 3rd gear its not good start but w/e) he would jump a little but by the time i could catch up i'm already doing 130+ (mustang crappy aero and brick body started kicking in) he held the gap, so that's a win for him, but when we went from a 65 i pulled half a car all the way to 140 (then i let off, car seems it wants to fly and take off lol! ) run 2 more times but i either didn't hear the honks or he didn't herd mines (damn loud exhaust Wink )
sounds like fun. those gtr's run hard. Cool
Back to top Go down
Papa-Smerf69
Papa-Smerf69

PostSubject: Re: ran a gtr last night...   ran a gtr last night... I_icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2010, 2:55 pm

Neck n neck I'd say less than half a car we ran again he got the jump n I jus maintained the car he got from the get, u let those cars jump n it's over, blk gtr skinny white kid he is on this form I believe but haven't seen him around after that night
Back to top Go down
03terminator
STREET KING
STREET KING
03terminator

PostSubject: Re: ran a gtr last night...   ran a gtr last night... I_icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2010, 2:57 pm

Z51JOEL wrote:
03terminator wrote:
sounds like fun. those gtr's run hard. Cool
yeah buddy they ain't no slouch...
Back to top Go down
Papa-Smerf69
Papa-Smerf69

PostSubject: Re: ran a gtr last night...   ran a gtr last night... I_icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2010, 3:00 pm

I'm down for the 65rol if I win I win if u do u do always hard to find good runs so we can give it a shot if u want
Back to top Go down
djdgk
djdgk

Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2010-01-08

PostSubject: Re: ran a gtr last night...   ran a gtr last night... I_icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2010, 3:02 pm

LthlGT500 wrote:
03terminator wrote:
LthlGT500 wrote:

lol! lol! lol!
Damn that sucks what car do you have now?
Back to top Go down
03terminator
STREET KING
STREET KING
03terminator

PostSubject: Re: ran a gtr last night...   ran a gtr last night... I_icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2010, 3:03 pm

Papa-Smerf69 wrote:
Neck n neck I'd say less than half a car we ran again he got the jump n I jus maintained the car he got from the get, u let those cars jump n it's over, blk gtr skinny white kid he is on this form I believe but haven't seen him around after that night
hmmm interesting...if the guy that i race is this one in this vid which only had dp, mp and tune then we should be another good race...i'm down
Back to top Go down
03terminator
STREET KING
STREET KING
03terminator

PostSubject: Re: ran a gtr last night...   ran a gtr last night... I_icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2010, 3:06 pm

Papa-Smerf69 wrote:
I'm down for the 65rol if I win I win if u do u do always hard to find good runs so we can give it a shot if u want
aite, maybe tuesday night??? the only thing is, i can only do 140...lmk
Back to top Go down
Papa-Smerf69
Papa-Smerf69

PostSubject: Re: ran a gtr last night...   ran a gtr last night... I_icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2010, 3:08 pm

Sounds about right n the same car with that time he ran,ok well mabey Sunday or even daytime today if u want but I'm not going tonight or tomarro night cuz of this heat, also if U'd like we can link up at the dyno day at rage tec on sat should b a good amount of cars tomaro
Back to top Go down
Papa-Smerf69
Papa-Smerf69

PostSubject: Re: ran a gtr last night...   ran a gtr last night... I_icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2010, 3:10 pm

Ouch 140 k that's fine I understand gearing right?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ran a gtr last night...   ran a gtr last night... I_icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2010, 3:53 pm

Papa-Smerf69 wrote:
Sounds about right n the same car with that time he ran,ok well mabey Sunday or even daytime today if u want but I'm not going tonight or tomarro night cuz of this heat, also if U'd like we can link up at the dyno day at rage tec on sat should b a good amount of cars tomaro
Hey Papa ima be at rage tec tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Papa-Smerf69
Papa-Smerf69

PostSubject: Re: ran a gtr last night...   ran a gtr last night... I_icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2010, 4:10 pm

K I'll take my ass beatin with a smile c u tomaro
Back to top Go down
Phantom SRT4
STREET KING
STREET KING
Phantom SRT4

Number of posts : 2395
Registration date : 2009-02-14

PostSubject: Re: ran a gtr last night...   ran a gtr last night... I_icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2010, 4:39 pm

If u guys want vids let me know, ill have my camera at Rage tomorrow
Back to top Go down
Papa-Smerf69
Papa-Smerf69

PostSubject: Re: ran a gtr last night...   ran a gtr last night... I_icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2010, 6:37 pm

That's on otis I will have to b solo against that car
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ran a gtr last night...   ran a gtr last night... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ran a gtr last night...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next