SOUTHERN KNIGHTS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

LthlGT500 Dyno

Go down 
+3
SILVERBEAST
antoanS4
LthlGT500
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

LthlGT500 Dyno - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LthlGT500 Dyno   LthlGT500 Dyno - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 17th 2009, 12:41 am

NorySS wrote:
SilverbeastSRT8 wrote:
NorySS wrote:
Well then I concur.

Email is the name of the person that did his tune?

An e-mail tune is a common tune that would work for all GT500 with pulley and intake mods...

uhhh I know what an email tune IS. I've done it all the time.

My question was WHO did the email tune.

i believe he told me a company called VMP, not quite sure though
Back to top Go down
NorySS
Professional Street Racer
NorySS

Number of posts : 656
Registration date : 2009-03-21

PostSubject: Re: LthlGT500 Dyno   LthlGT500 Dyno - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 17th 2009, 12:54 am

good guy.
Back to top Go down
LthlGT500
STREET KING
STREET KING

Number of posts : 1236
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: LthlGT500 Dyno   LthlGT500 Dyno - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 17th 2009, 3:49 am

NorySS wrote:
i dont mean to hate or anything but, you got a GT500 dude, whats $300 for a dyno tune?

Who did your tune?

the e-mail tunes are satisfactory for the few mods my car has and I bought it all as a package sorta deal.....they even have e-mail tunes for upper+lower pulley, full exhaust, monoBlade Throttle body, intake GT500s and if I wanted to I could order a e-mail nitrous tune for my car....I think at that point though I would really want everything perfect on the car so I would go custom tune...but SilverBeast pretty much summed it up...everytime I do one simple mod to my car I would require a tune(very costly over time) so I figure get all the boltons in my garage and throw them on at one time and custom tune it.....the next mod is going to be springs + powdercoat the wheels and black out the back taillights..should look mean
Back to top Go down
NorySS
NorySS

Number of posts : 656
Registration date : 2009-03-21

PostSubject: Re: LthlGT500 Dyno   LthlGT500 Dyno - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 17th 2009, 8:57 am

I'm familiar with these cars. Not as good as GM, but very familiar. I know Eric Brooks personally.

For safety's sake, throw in a wide band and double check the AFR on the street. Its a whole other animal then, not to mention you never know how 'fresh' that dyno's wideband was.

The Ford EFI system is really, 'complicated' in good and bad ways. Mostly to deter people from modding. Damn regular stangs throw DTCs just by changing the intake, even though the maf housing is the same diameter.

Just make sure you data log the car and send them to Justin for review and revisions. 4th gear pulls are the best.

Also, Kudos on the car, because its the driver that makes the car, not the dyno HP.
Back to top Go down
CRUSH
Admin
Admin
CRUSH

Number of posts : 3512

PostSubject: Re: LthlGT500 Dyno   LthlGT500 Dyno - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 17th 2009, 11:34 pm

Fuck the haters your car is fast Cool
Back to top Go down
V6Chris
STREET LEGEND
STREET LEGEND
V6Chris

Number of posts : 5188

PostSubject: Re: LthlGT500 Dyno   LthlGT500 Dyno - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 27th 2009, 10:59 pm

NorySS wrote:
i dont mean to hate or anything but, you got a GT500 dude, whats $300 for a dyno tune?

Who did your tune?

VMP owns a GT500 and has done varrious tunes on the car and reasearch
you probably cannot get a better email tune from anyone other then VMP
his site even states that there is no other possible way for his car to make ANY more power at all through tuning

Felix may be running rich. but if anything its about 2% and -1 or -2 degrees of timing pulled which would probably safely put him at 11.5:1 a/f
which on a blower car 12:1+ would be most ideal "generally" and statistically speaking

10:1 a/f is extremely rich. you'd deffinitly have fouled plugs monthly and clouds of black smoke when you floor it.

none the less $300 for a custom dyno tune on that car would be as helpful as putting a real authentic JDM sticker on the window
10hp in that car will maybe make him win by a full square inch more then previously

that car runs DAMN good for what it has
I believe VMP with similar mods only broke 11.8 or 11.9 with theres
felix broke 11.6s
Back to top Go down
http://www.crtperformance.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LthlGT500 Dyno   LthlGT500 Dyno - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LthlGT500 Dyno
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2