SOUTHERN KNIGHTS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

AB Autoworks mustang brings down the Top Eliminator chevelle dragster from Performance Only

Go down 
+3
03eatoncobra
osdper0911
gatoasao
7 posters
AuthorMessage
gatoasao
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
gatoasao

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2010-09-25

AB Autoworks mustang brings down the Top Eliminator chevelle dragster from Performance Only Empty
PostSubject: AB Autoworks mustang brings down the Top Eliminator chevelle dragster from Performance Only   AB Autoworks mustang brings down the Top Eliminator chevelle dragster from Performance Only I_icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2010, 2:00 am

The typical David vs Goliath race. Mustang is street legal with a 4.6L turbo and a 28" tire stock suspension. Chevelle is a 3/4 chassis big block nitrous full on drag car with wheelie bars and a 33x14" tire. Sometimes you are in for a big surprise. Can't really tell on the video but the chevelle puts a car length on the takeoff, the mustang catches it at the 330' and pulls a car ahead by the end of the track.

p.s. The audio belongs to the chevelle's big block, can't really hear the mustang at all.

enjoy :)

Back to top Go down
osdper0911
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2010-05-10

AB Autoworks mustang brings down the Top Eliminator chevelle dragster from Performance Only Empty
PostSubject: Re: AB Autoworks mustang brings down the Top Eliminator chevelle dragster from Performance Only   AB Autoworks mustang brings down the Top Eliminator chevelle dragster from Performance Only I_icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2010, 2:18 am

good shit moves out
Back to top Go down
03eatoncobra
Professional Street Racer
03eatoncobra

Number of posts : 376
Registration date : 2009-07-30

PostSubject: Re: AB Autoworks mustang brings down the Top Eliminator chevelle dragster from Performance Only   AB Autoworks mustang brings down the Top Eliminator chevelle dragster from Performance Only I_icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2010, 2:50 am

crazy fast, congrats!
Back to top Go down
632cobra
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
632cobra

Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: AB Autoworks mustang brings down the Top Eliminator chevelle dragster from Performance Only   AB Autoworks mustang brings down the Top Eliminator chevelle dragster from Performance Only I_icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2010, 7:57 am

Good run but dont race the chevelle for money. They could be setting you up. That car has ran 4.80's, maybe ran you on muscle or on the first kit. Looked really good. Keep that ford power alive!!!
Back to top Go down
gatoasao
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
gatoasao

PostSubject: Re: AB Autoworks mustang brings down the Top Eliminator chevelle dragster from Performance Only   AB Autoworks mustang brings down the Top Eliminator chevelle dragster from Performance Only I_icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2010, 10:25 am

632cobra wrote:

Good run but dont race the chevelle for money. They could be setting you up. That car has ran 4.80's, maybe ran you on muscle or on the first kit. Looked really good. Keep that ford power alive!!!

No race for money, I guess their crew wanted to see the mustang get spanked for some time now and got a little surprise. If there is ever a race like that it will be on the 1/4 mile where the mustang traps 180+ and we could really turn up the boost to make it fair (if you can call it so). For for now is all in good sport, we really hoped they could have come and shake hands in good sportsmanship but I guess the pride is too big or something. Congrats to Eddy on the beautiful chevelle
Back to top Go down
632cobra
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
632cobra

Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: AB Autoworks mustang brings down the Top Eliminator chevelle dragster from Performance Only   AB Autoworks mustang brings down the Top Eliminator chevelle dragster from Performance Only I_icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2010, 10:52 am

yeah, thats one nice ride but it happens all the time, always under-estimating the power of the little fords. Good luck with the car.
Back to top Go down
03eatoncobra
03eatoncobra

PostSubject: Re: AB Autoworks mustang brings down the Top Eliminator chevelle dragster from Performance Only   AB Autoworks mustang brings down the Top Eliminator chevelle dragster from Performance Only I_icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2010, 11:05 am

gatoasao wrote:
The typical David vs Goliath race. Mustang is street legal with a 4.6L turbo and a 28" tire stock suspension. Chevelle is a 3/4 chassis big block nitrous full on drag car with wheelie bars and a 33x14" tire. Sometimes you are in for a big surprise. Can't really tell on the video but the chevelle puts a car length on the takeoff, the mustang catches it at the 330' and pulls a car ahead by the end of the track.

p.s. The audio belongs to the chevelle's big block, can't really hear the mustang at all.

enjoy :)

how much does a standalone setup runs? i thinking of switching from the factory computer.
thanks.
Back to top Go down
gatoasao
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
gatoasao

PostSubject: Re: AB Autoworks mustang brings down the Top Eliminator chevelle dragster from Performance Only   AB Autoworks mustang brings down the Top Eliminator chevelle dragster from Performance Only I_icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2010, 11:35 am

03eatoncobra wrote:

how much does a standalone setup runs? i thinking of switching from the factory computer.
thanks.

We are working on a plug-n-play system for the Cobra to run the standalone in parallel with the factory ECU so that the Standalone has full engine control while the stock ECU manages body and cluster functions. I was yesterday monitoring this possible setup with a Haltech representative at the track, planning for the 2011 5.0L but our testing platform is the old 32V 4.6L. As soon as we get back from PRI show next week we will have an answer for you on this.
Back to top Go down
03eatoncobra
03eatoncobra

PostSubject: Re: AB Autoworks mustang brings down the Top Eliminator chevelle dragster from Performance Only   AB Autoworks mustang brings down the Top Eliminator chevelle dragster from Performance Only I_icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2010, 12:27 pm

gatoasao wrote:
03eatoncobra wrote:

thanks.

We are working on a plug-n-play system for the Cobra to run the standalone in parallel with the factory ECU so that the Standalone has full engine control while the stock ECU manages body and cluster functions. I was yesterday monitoring this possible setup with a Haltech representative at the track, planning for the 2011 5.0L but our testing platform is the old 32V 4.6L. As soon as we get back from PRI show next week we will have an answer for you on this.
im interested in the standalone only, my car will not need the factory ecu. all gauges are hooked up manually. i will be headed to the track next saturday maybe we can meet up.
Back to top Go down
gatoasao
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
gatoasao

PostSubject: Re: AB Autoworks mustang brings down the Top Eliminator chevelle dragster from Performance Only   AB Autoworks mustang brings down the Top Eliminator chevelle dragster from Performance Only I_icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2010, 12:47 pm

03eatoncobra wrote:

im interested in the standalone only, my car will not need the factory ecu. all gauges are hooked up manually. i will be headed to the track next saturday maybe we can meet up.

Let us know, we'll be there and we can talk about it in detail.
Back to top Go down
03eatoncobra
03eatoncobra

PostSubject: Re: AB Autoworks mustang brings down the Top Eliminator chevelle dragster from Performance Only   AB Autoworks mustang brings down the Top Eliminator chevelle dragster from Performance Only I_icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2010, 1:15 pm

gatoasao wrote:
03eatoncobra wrote:

thanks man, here is my car so you know who i am.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YC_tv35Nw5U
lets see if this saturday i will get that 6.0 pass :)
Back to top Go down
alex@abautoworks.com

alex@abautoworks.com

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2010-12-05

PostSubject: Re: AB Autoworks mustang brings down the Top Eliminator chevelle dragster from Performance Only   AB Autoworks mustang brings down the Top Eliminator chevelle dragster from Performance Only I_icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2010, 5:04 pm

632cobra wrote:

We don't run for money... we were there trying to better our personal best and these guys wanted to line up next to us for whatever reason... we werent expecting to win but we were sure as hell gonna give it our all and thats just what we did and got the W...

Back to top Go down
http://www,abautoworks.com
alex@abautoworks.com

alex@abautoworks.com

PostSubject: Re: AB Autoworks mustang brings down the Top Eliminator chevelle dragster from Performance Only   AB Autoworks mustang brings down the Top Eliminator chevelle dragster from Performance Only I_icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2010, 5:07 pm

03eatoncobra wrote:
gatoasao wrote:
03eatoncobra wrote:

thanks man, here is my car so you know who i am.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YC_tv35Nw5U
lets see if this saturday i will get that 6.0 pass :)

nice car! i love those fox body coupes... especially in white!! fucking sexy!! any engine bay pics???
Back to top Go down
yellowvert
Amateur Racer
Amateur Racer
yellowvert

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2009-10-18

PostSubject: Re: AB Autoworks mustang brings down the Top Eliminator chevelle dragster from Performance Only   AB Autoworks mustang brings down the Top Eliminator chevelle dragster from Performance Only I_icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2010, 10:23 pm

632cobra wrote:

The chevelle was running on motor. It was a bracket format. Not to take anything away from the mustang, that thing is wicked fast and clean. It deserved the win the way that thing ran. Keep up the good work guys.
Back to top Go down
alex@abautoworks.com

alex@abautoworks.com

PostSubject: Re: AB Autoworks mustang brings down the Top Eliminator chevelle dragster from Performance Only   AB Autoworks mustang brings down the Top Eliminator chevelle dragster from Performance Only I_icon_minitimeDecember 6th 2010, 12:32 am

yellowvert wrote:
632cobra wrote:

The chevelle was running on motor. It was a bracket format. Not to take anything away from the mustang, that thing is wicked fast and clean. It deserved the win the way that thing ran. Keep up the good work guys.

thanks for the kind words man... we know that car is in another class (big tire, wheelie bars, huge motor, 3/4 chassis)... he wanted a friendly run and we gave it to him :O)
Back to top Go down
gatoasao
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
gatoasao

PostSubject: Re: AB Autoworks mustang brings down the Top Eliminator chevelle dragster from Performance Only   AB Autoworks mustang brings down the Top Eliminator chevelle dragster from Performance Only I_icon_minitimeDecember 6th 2010, 5:12 am

[quote="yellowvert"]
632cobra wrote:

No worries, the mustang was on low boost for that race too...on the next one we turned it up and just did a 1/8th mile burnout. I guess you run what you can when the track allows it. I don't think the nitrous would have made him any faster and if it was off it was for a reason. About the bracket...don't know if you noticed he waited and left on our light to leave heads up Wink

This is the video with the power up on the next round (which was a true bracket race...see how leBaldo leaves on his light then we try and catch up)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ayEC7Z81Mk
Back to top Go down
XSPSI
XSPSI

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2009-11-19

PostSubject: Re: AB Autoworks mustang brings down the Top Eliminator chevelle dragster from Performance Only   AB Autoworks mustang brings down the Top Eliminator chevelle dragster from Performance Only I_icon_minitimeDecember 6th 2010, 9:19 am

Car is moving, great work and there is still more to come, lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AB Autoworks mustang brings down the Top Eliminator chevelle dragster from Performance Only   AB Autoworks mustang brings down the Top Eliminator chevelle dragster from Performance Only I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AB Autoworks mustang brings down the Top Eliminator chevelle dragster from Performance Only
Page 1 of 1