SOUTHERN KNIGHTS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mustang build need good shop

Go down 
+4
yellow_bullet_97
EL3MEN2
richevo
JLexus300
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
JLexus300
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
JLexus300

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2010-10-10

Mustang build need good shop Empty
PostSubject: Mustang build need good shop   Mustang build need good shop I_icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2012, 1:18 am

My buddy has a 99 v6 an wants to bore out the motor to a 4.0 an some extras any shop recommendations
Thanks
Back to top Go down
richevo
Professional Street Racer

Number of posts : 366
Registration date : 2010-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Mustang build need good shop   Mustang build need good shop I_icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2012, 6:39 am

JLexus300 wrote:
My buddy has a 99 v6 an wants to bore out the motor to a 4.0 an some extras any shop recommendations
Thanks
dpm motorsports..peter's really good with mustangs
Back to top Go down
EL3MEN2
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
EL3MEN2

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2010-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Mustang build need good shop   Mustang build need good shop I_icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2012, 8:28 am

''AL Performance'' Alcides 786-287-9201
Back to top Go down
JLexus300
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
JLexus300

PostSubject: Re: Mustang build need good shop   Mustang build need good shop I_icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2012, 8:31 am

Thanks I'll let him kno
Back to top Go down
yellow_bullet_97
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
yellow_bullet_97

Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2011-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Mustang build need good shop   Mustang build need good shop I_icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2012, 9:56 am

GM EXPRESS...! Lol
Back to top Go down
richevo

Number of posts : 366
Registration date : 2010-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Mustang build need good shop   Mustang build need good shop I_icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2012, 10:36 am

yellow_bullet_97 wrote:
GM EXPRESS...! Lol
Lmfao!!! Rene you're too much bro...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mustang build need good shop   Mustang build need good shop I_icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2012, 2:00 pm

JLexus300 wrote:
Thanks

That v6 setup it's going to be a total waste of money and the car wont be not even tha fast... My Recommendation is, to do a 4.6L 2003 Mustang GT Full swap, pistons,rods, ARP's and ported heads with a Hell raiser 76mm Single turbo kit 800+whp on E85 easy 3,300lbs all day... A 9's sec car forsure with a good suspension setup..

Good luck anyways... BTW my guy that builts my engines will do a great job too as well. LMK.

Back to top Go down
26brx8
26brx8

Number of posts : 619
Registration date : 2010-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Mustang build need good shop   Mustang build need good shop I_icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2012, 3:05 pm

Frank...why dont you do that??? so you will run 9s all day long!! lol
Back to top Go down
fatboyyyy
fatboyyyy

Number of posts : 394
Registration date : 2011-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Mustang build need good shop   Mustang build need good shop I_icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2012, 3:11 pm

here we go! popcorn
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mustang build need good shop   Mustang build need good shop I_icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2012, 3:39 pm

26brx8 wrote:

That car most likely will be a race car, and my car is strictly a street car, A/C, CD Radio, Full Interior etc.... All i know is tha my car with 750whp parked your 1111AWDHP $200k Spaceship, Imagine now what it it would do to it being in the same conditions. Not to mention that 750whp DJ made me a 10.2 at 138mph and your 1111AWDHP MD made you the same pass at 140+mph lol.. Something most be very wrong with your car then right? LMAO If i ever build a mustang, It will be an 03/04 Mustang With the same set up i mentioned earlier. My shit right now it's just way to heavy to be impressing the world.

Now asseir please lets leave the man's thread alone pls.

lol!

Later Bitch.
Back to top Go down
26brx8
26brx8

Number of posts : 619
Registration date : 2010-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Mustang build need good shop   Mustang build need good shop I_icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2012, 6:08 pm

TheCrusherCobra wrote:
26brx8 wrote:

That car most likely will be a race car, and my car is strictly a street car, A/C, CD Radio, Full Interior etc.... All i know is tha my car with 750whp parked your 1111AWDHP $200k Spaceship, Imagine now what it it would do to it being in the same conditions. Not to mention that 750whp DJ made me a 10.2 at 138mph and your 1111AWDHP MD made you the same pass at 140+mph lol.. Something most be very wrong with your car then right? LMAO If i ever build a mustang, It will be an 03/04 Mustang With the same set up i mentioned earlier. My shit right now it's just way to heavy to be impressing the world.

Now asseir please lets leave the man's thread alone pls.

lol!

Later Bitch.
LOL keep dreaming Obama!!
I ran my car at county line the time you red lighted like a min before the green at only 700 hp and you did not win!!
Believe me...no one have seen my gtr running 1111hp. I ran 157 mph not 140+. STOP LYING OBAMA!!!!!!
let me know whenever your car is running so we you can see how a 140+ mph gtr really feels!!!!!! It is not going to be fun ....please bring some tissues for you after the race !!!!!
Back to top Go down
95RioRedCobra
95RioRedCobra

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2010-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Mustang build need good shop   Mustang build need good shop I_icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2012, 6:29 pm

The 3.8/3.9L blocks will only handle about 450hp its a tough call, but with everything it would take to make good power with that I'd honestly have to agree with Frank a 2V swap would ultimately yield more power. Not saying the V6 can't be done because it can, however cost involved is significantly more than the V8 platform. Just my .02 from Luke @ Revolution Performance!

Revolution Performance
3201 N University Drive
Hollywood, FL 33024
(954) 474-3948 shop
(954) 558-5923 cell
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.revolution-performance.com
V6Chris
STREET LEGEND
STREET LEGEND
V6Chris

Number of posts : 5188
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Mustang build need good shop   Mustang build need good shop I_icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2012, 7:27 pm

I've built this motor years ago
you cannot bore that motor to a 4.0. Snab a crank from an f150 truck, its a 4.2 Crank, at most you can bore that motor .060 over which would make it a 4.3 but its a waste boring that much. go .020 be safe.
351w eagle rod 6.125 length. then you'd need a custom piston. SSMS sells them for about $800-900 I have a spec sheet on a 4.2 crank with the rod i mentioned. the wrist pin has to be offset or you will have horrible piston slap, seen it watched it etc..
I have a spec sheet from Ross on my old pistons, i made 500+whp on them with the setup i just told you on 15psi turbo...sold them to someone else whose making about 630-640now i believe. The pistons are correctly spec'd and mic'd to perfection and will work.
The crank is steel and no one has broken or cracked one yet.

I know this entire motor like the back of my hand. nothing has to be modified with the girdle and this crank nor the block as far as notching etc...

few pics

This was a customers motor i built years back
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

my motor:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.crtperformance.webs.com
95RioRedCobra
95RioRedCobra

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2010-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Mustang build need good shop   Mustang build need good shop I_icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2012, 9:05 pm

Why don't you still have it? Is that what the 2J replaced?
Back to top Go down
http://www.revolution-performance.com

PostSubject: Re: Mustang build need good shop   Mustang build need good shop I_icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2012, 10:23 pm

95RioRedCobra wrote:

lol!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mustang build need good shop   Mustang build need good shop I_icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2012, 10:39 pm

Back to top Go down
V6Chris
STREET LEGEND
STREET LEGEND
V6Chris

PostSubject: Re: Mustang build need good shop   Mustang build need good shop I_icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2012, 11:23 pm

95RioRedCobra wrote:

yessir, single digits would have been a much harder task with that motor.
Back to top Go down
JLexus300
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
JLexus300

PostSubject: Re: Mustang build need good shop   Mustang build need good shop I_icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2012, 7:40 am

Thanks Cris an Frank but he is not a racer he just wants a daily bad ass mustang he loves his mustang an it already has to many mile an want to redo the engine but add some power I would waste my money on a v6 I would swap it for the money he gonna spend on that motor but to each there own so but again thanks
Back to top Go down
JLexus300
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
JLexus300

PostSubject: Re: Mustang build need good shop   Mustang build need good shop I_icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2012, 7:42 am

EL3MEN2 wrote:
''AL Performance'' Alcides 786-287-9201
I gave him ur number He said he was gonna call
Back to top Go down
JLexus300
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
JLexus300

PostSubject: Re: Mustang build need good shop   Mustang build need good shop I_icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2012, 10:31 am

yellow_bullet_97 wrote:
GM EXPRESS...! Lol
What are the slow or something
Back to top Go down
yellow_bullet_97
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
yellow_bullet_97

PostSubject: Re: Mustang build need good shop   Mustang build need good shop I_icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2012, 11:33 am

JLexus300 wrote:
yellow_bullet_97 wrote:
GM EXPRESS...! Lol
. : LMFAO!!!.Slow seams to me as to fast of a wold for((GM EXCUSES).I think its more like parked ya that seams more appropiate!
Back to top Go down
V6Chris
STREET LEGEND
STREET LEGEND
V6Chris

PostSubject: Re: Mustang build need good shop   Mustang build need good shop I_icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2012, 11:59 am

JLexus300 wrote:
Thanks Cris an Frank but he is not a racer he just wants a daily bad ass mustang he loves his mustang an it already has to many mile an want to redo the engine but add some power I would waste my money on a v6 I would swap it for the money he gonna spend on that motor but to each there own so but again thanks

if you find a stock 4.2L f150 motor it will pick up a little. theres lots of little things he can do that are cost effective if you're interested hit me up
954 639 3600
Back to top Go down
JLexus300
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
JLexus300

PostSubject: Re: Mustang build need good shop   Mustang build need good shop I_icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2012, 12:05 pm

ok sounds good man prech
Back to top Go down
JLexus300
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
JLexus300

PostSubject: Re: Mustang build need good shop   Mustang build need good shop I_icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2012, 12:07 pm

yellow_bullet_97 wrote:
JLexus300 wrote:
yellow_bullet_97 wrote:
GM EXPRESS...! Lol
. : LMFAO!!!.Slow seams to me as to fast of a wold for((GM EXCUSES).I think its more like parked ya that seams more appropiate!

Would you be willing to race a red vette from gm express
Back to top Go down
yellow_bullet_97
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
yellow_bullet_97

PostSubject: Re: Mustang build need good shop   Mustang build need good shop I_icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2012, 12:29 pm

JLexus300 wrote:
yellow_bullet_97 wrote:
JLexus300 wrote:
yellow_bullet_97 wrote:
GM EXPRESS...! Lol

Would you be willing to race a red vette from gm express
. : Listen boddy Ray him self agnolidged that that vette dosent have anything for my little ford..What the vette runs on bottle i run on muscle..lol..they aint got nothing worth racing in the there and you know that
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mustang build need good shop   Mustang build need good shop I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mustang build need good shop
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next