SOUTHERN KNIGHTS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

BIG DADDY PERFORMANCE CENTER REVIEW

Go down 
+5
Brakeboosting
boostin b13
V6Chris
JDMtube
USMCWARVET
9 posters
AuthorMessage
USMCWARVET
Professional Street Racer
USMCWARVET

Number of posts : 444
Registration date : 2010-10-03

BIG DADDY PERFORMANCE CENTER REVIEW  Empty
PostSubject: BIG DADDY PERFORMANCE CENTER REVIEW    BIG DADDY PERFORMANCE CENTER REVIEW  I_icon_minitimeJune 14th 2013, 2:04 pm

Im not sure if this is the correct section so mods i apologize up front. I wanted to bring over a thread from another forum to share my story and the drama i went through with Big Daddy Performance Center. If there is a shops review section please feel free to move this thread over there. I just wanted to put it here since i don't want anyone else to go through the same thing i did or at least thin twice before using BDPC.

Original thread below :

So here is my dilemma, i will try to keep short and simple and hopefully not leave anything out. So 10 months ago i decided it was time to build my engine, after a long wait saving up and collecting parts i decided on a local business with a BIG name in the Supra community. I will keep their name out of this out of respect. So i walk in one day , with my plans in hand and sit down with the owner to get an estimate and a build time for my project. Now we had to agree on 2 things , obviously a reasonable price and the biggest TIME. So we sat down and we spoke, and like any good sales man he pitched the idea of a larger displacement engine. Take into consideration i already had 95% of the parts needed to build a reliable 1000hp engine. So the price did not seem to far off, but there was a little extra wait time. We agreed shook hands and i paid for the parts up front. Took all my parts i collected and sold them. Now im no professional engine builder but does it take 10 MONTHS to put a long block together ? if im wrong please correct me.
So here is my issue
1. I have been paying for my car / insurance/ and storage for 10 months when it should have been MAX 90 days as agreed upon.
2. Every-time i ask for status , i get the usual run around " still waiting on ....."
3. Things at the shop did not stop , racing continued, company cars were always being worked on. Yet my block is just sitting there ( back from the machine shop for like 4 months )
4. I see other projects being taken in , yet i still have no engine.

5. I call many times just to receive back simple " I don't know " messages.

I feel like i was taken for a ride, i have paid for EVERYTHING in full , yet i have nothing to show for it. What should i do now ?

update 06/10/2013

Name: of the Shop is Big Daddy Performance Center 

Couple of cliff notes to add to story above:
1. We had a conversation i say about 6 months into the build where he pulled me to the side and basically told me he used my money for personal reason ( i have an SF member as a witness ) , you know what i did ? i said its ok Vijay , i understand. HE told me he freed some assets up to get my engine done ......... fast forward to the start of this thread this is what got the ball rolling for my engine. The engine went from nothing to put together in 30 days !!, so how do you explain the 10 month wait ? 
2.He did gave me my engine and transmission on agreed date 05/18/2013 but charged me $1500 in labor! i should have gotten a damn waiters discount, since im out a **** ton of money for storage fees and insurance on a car that gets pushed in and out.  
3. My manifold that was paid in full !!! , well im still waiting on that. We spoke on 05/18/2013 and he told me 2 weeks ( i recorded the conversation ) well its almost been 30 days and still no manifold , no phone call , nothing. Called him on 06/7/2013 and he told me " ill call you back " well its the 12th and im still waiting. 
4. They are still racing the shops car and taking other cars , yet they cant even finish the ones that they started ! my car is #2 , they have another Supra in there that has been in there longer than mine and its all paid in full too ( i personally know the owner ) 

So in total i spent almost $12k , my car stil down , i have no manifold to finish it so my only resort now is to file a claim to get some of the money back to purchase one. 

ANYONE THAT DOES NOT BELIEVE ME FEEL FREE TO EMAIL ME @ ftperformance@yahoo. C o M  i have proof of EVERYTHING !!

only advise i can offer is get the work done first then pay. NEVER PAY up front. Now i know why people like TITAN MS , MVP, PHR are doing so good , they treat there customers with respect.

So my review is a BIG Thumbs down for BDPC. Never will do business with them again.

Just wanted to add this for those of you asking questions:

Here on this picture you can see the dates when money was payed for the engine to get started :
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Here you can see some time after me trying to get in contact with Vijay through FACEBOOK because he would not return/answer my calls. As you can see the dates when he said about 2 more weeks

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

here is me asking for updates again but now no resposnses not even on FB

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] way to do buisness !!:thumbdn::thumbdn:
Back to top Go down
JDMtube
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
JDMtube

Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2012-08-16

PostSubject: Re: BIG DADDY PERFORMANCE CENTER REVIEW    BIG DADDY PERFORMANCE CENTER REVIEW  I_icon_minitimeJune 14th 2013, 4:04 pm

Spending customer deposits is nothing new in the Automotive business. To all you shop owners out there, let me teach you a little trick. Buy the parts immediately after receiving the deposit. Don't let that money sit around waiting on you to spend it on something it was not intended for. I've been running a shop since 98' becoming more profitable every year. Don't let big shops and pretty toys fool you. Most of these shops are neck deep in debt. Not saying that's what's going on here, we only have half the story, but it would not surprise me, it's the nature of the business.
Back to top Go down
USMCWARVET
USMCWARVET

PostSubject: Re: BIG DADDY PERFORMANCE CENTER REVIEW    BIG DADDY PERFORMANCE CENTER REVIEW  I_icon_minitimeJune 14th 2013, 4:40 pm

Yes JDMtube , its only my side of the story , like every story there is always 3 sides . But i shared only the facts from my point of view, he is welcome to defend himself and prove me wrong. I did this in Supra Forums a while back and he is yet to reply, and i doubt he will. To me this is the way they operate, i saw many cars come for simple stuff and sit there in the shop for months , and months. But i agree 100% with the post you made the money given should be used for what it was intended.
Back to top Go down
V6Chris
STREET LEGEND
STREET LEGEND
V6Chris

Number of posts : 5188
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: BIG DADDY PERFORMANCE CENTER REVIEW    BIG DADDY PERFORMANCE CENTER REVIEW  I_icon_minitimeJune 14th 2013, 10:21 pm

Sorry to hear that man, I wish you the best with this situation.
Back to top Go down
http://www.crtperformance.webs.com
V6Chris
STREET LEGEND
STREET LEGEND
V6Chris

Number of posts : 5188

PostSubject: Re: BIG DADDY PERFORMANCE CENTER REVIEW    BIG DADDY PERFORMANCE CENTER REVIEW  I_icon_minitimeJune 14th 2013, 10:24 pm

not trying to add fuel to the fire, but I've seen dozens of motors being built in a previous work place. 10months on a motor is very hard to accomplish. I've seen custom rods and pistons and parts ordered etc...its never taken 10months to get anything custom in a short or long block.
Back to top Go down
http://www.crtperformance.webs.com
boostin b13

Number of posts : 341
Registration date : 2012-03-05

PostSubject: Re: BIG DADDY PERFORMANCE CENTER REVIEW    BIG DADDY PERFORMANCE CENTER REVIEW  I_icon_minitimeJune 16th 2013, 8:16 pm

Sorry to hear that I have had problems with shops down here also that's how import shops is south Florida do it NOT ALL BUT MOST good luck on getting your stuff back. If the courts can't help knock him the fuck out he'll get the message.
Back to top Go down
Brakeboosting
Brakeboosting

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-05-18

PostSubject: Re: BIG DADDY PERFORMANCE CENTER REVIEW    BIG DADDY PERFORMANCE CENTER REVIEW  I_icon_minitimeJune 17th 2013, 12:11 am

i feel you man i went thru the same thing with a member on here Christopher "cwill" Williams i heard he was the best in south florida working on evos so i took him my 2005 eclipse to build me a 2.4l and drop it in well long story short i gave him my car,motor,tranny paid for every single part up front and after 4 years ago got back just the shell and nothing to show for it. now i have to start all over again

i have receipts and and i got proof two members on here can vouch for me..
Back to top Go down
CRUSH
Admin
Admin
CRUSH

Number of posts : 3512

PostSubject: Re: BIG DADDY PERFORMANCE CENTER REVIEW    BIG DADDY PERFORMANCE CENTER REVIEW  I_icon_minitimeJune 17th 2013, 1:26 pm

wow that sucks
Back to top Go down
30PSIBLK
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
30PSIBLK

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2009-11-12

PostSubject: Re: BIG DADDY PERFORMANCE CENTER REVIEW    BIG DADDY PERFORMANCE CENTER REVIEW  I_icon_minitimeJune 18th 2013, 2:21 pm

As an FYI dont know much but Big Daddy Suffered a Major Heart Attack and had Quad by pass surgery within this time frame. His condition has been touch and go but def not capebale of working. This may have been a major part of your delay.

From being in the Supra scene since 2003 he has been pretty repituable and a stand up guy along with his family.

Just my .02
Back to top Go down
JDMtube
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
JDMtube

PostSubject: Re: BIG DADDY PERFORMANCE CENTER REVIEW    BIG DADDY PERFORMANCE CENTER REVIEW  I_icon_minitimeJune 18th 2013, 5:10 pm

Found out his Wife was also Diagnosed with Cancer during the same period. Not making any excuses for anyone.
Back to top Go down
JDMtube
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
JDMtube

PostSubject: Re: BIG DADDY PERFORMANCE CENTER REVIEW    BIG DADDY PERFORMANCE CENTER REVIEW  I_icon_minitimeJune 18th 2013, 5:18 pm

Here is the POST, THIS IS NOT ME TALKING!!!

REXChick From JDMsouth.

There are 3 sides to a story, your story, their story and the truth.

Time and time again ppl come out and post up these types of situations. Why do you let it get to 10 months?

I have been a part of the big daddy team for some time and considering that they treated you like family, a lot that you have stated above Mario, is rly not necessary.

The fact that you came into the shop and acted like family and got treated like fam by them, then turn around and act this way is shameless. If you r going to put out their personal business out like that then i'll clr it up a lil...no need to bash...when you were around and spoke about the motor build it was not paid in full at that time. Not long after that you knew that there was an illness with the fam. Vijay's wife was diagnosed with cancer n had to go thru some surgeries...so of course big daddy was out and not able to work. Wouldnt you have done the same for your wife. He let you know of the delays. So there are a couple of issues that arose and caused the delay not just from the shop but also from you and machine shop. Then big daddy suffered a heart attack and things were put on hold. Now he is recovering 

Ill get your story alil straight about the shop car. The truth is the shop car which is big daddy's supra hasn't ran or competed since Maryland. But if your head or block is at the machine shop you think that will stop his son from racing.

Again this is NOT ME TALKING
Back to top Go down
USMCWARVET
USMCWARVET

PostSubject: Re: BIG DADDY PERFORMANCE CENTER REVIEW    BIG DADDY PERFORMANCE CENTER REVIEW  I_icon_minitimeJune 19th 2013, 10:08 am

This was my response to her , as you can see @ JDM SOUTH she had no reply because she knows its true.

Lets start by asking how is it shameless for me to tell why it took so long to get my engine done , but its ok for them to take my money to pay their medical bills ? then start telling me lies to keep me at ease while i wait months and months. It took Vijay 6 months to come up to me and tell me what was really going on. In the mean time i get taken for a ride, and that is ok ?

Laura i understand your view on this situation but its irrelevant in the seance that you where never present during any conversation me and Vijay had , so your view would like a 4th story. I agree i was treated well , and in return i always treated Vijay with the same respect , as you can clearly see with me refering to him as "sir" on every contact i had with him on FB. Number 2 as a sign of respect i did not go into detail about Debras illness that was all you. I clearly stated "personal " reason , and i can tell you Laura i would go to hell and back for my wife so that is why when me , Vijay , and another person sat in my car and talked about what he did with my money i said " its ok Vijay i would have done the same " you can ask him your self or the other person present which im sure you know who it is. 

Why did i let it go 10 months you ask ? same reason as you stated above , they treated me with respect as a friend. But as a customer i was treated like SHIT! As you can see the date of the $5800 + 2800 transactions go back many months , so how did i not pay in full ?

as a matter of fact the only thing owed at delivery of my engine and trans was labor. So don't come in here saying things you have no idea about. You know what got me my engine in 30 days ? THIS THREAD ON SF ! if not ill still be sitting with my thumb up my ass with no engine. You are welcome to call me and we can talk , i still have the same number. But you coming in here trying to play clean up for them is pretty lame since you have no say so on what goes on in the shop. Again your version of what "you heard " is irrelevant. I hope you don't take this as any type of disrespect , i think you are a cool person and at least a good friend for attempting to do some quality control. I would love nothing else than to get my stuff squared away and make this be a thing of the past. But since Vijay thinks i can just be given the run around because he has my money already , is not happening on my watch. He gave me his word as a man and he broke it period. He did not ask me if it was ok to use my money for personal reasons , as mean as it sounds that is not my problem. 

You talk about the shop car as only being the Supra? c'mon now you remember the day we went to IFO , why did Vijay ask me to give him some of the money to finish the head right before we left ? they needed the cash to enter the event. Whether is the 240 or the Supra thew money comes out of the same place. Another thing is lets leave J out of this since i have no beef with him, we spoke about this before i did on this and expressed his feelings . In the end we agreed that he had no say so in the matter so lets just leave him out. 

Vijay knows how to fix this , he gives me my manifold that he promised to deliver 30 days ago. 

Mario

Last edited by USMCWARVET on June 19th 2013, 10:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
USMCWARVET
USMCWARVET

PostSubject: Re: BIG DADDY PERFORMANCE CENTER REVIEW    BIG DADDY PERFORMANCE CENTER REVIEW  I_icon_minitimeJune 19th 2013, 10:11 am

Still have not learned how to quote some posts but :

@ 30PSI and JDM 

1) I payed him 7 months before he had the medical issues.
2) He pulled me to the side 6 months later to tell me his wife had cancer and used MY MONEY to pay medical bills. 

Facts , there was another SF forum member present both times You guys can say what ever you want , if i was lieing im sure he would try to defend himself. I have gave him  many opportunities to make it right. Making it public is what made him give me my stuff. He gave his word back in April " 30 days ill have your stuff done " come May no manifold, we sit down and talk and he says 2 more weeks. 2 weeks pass and i start to get run around AGAIN. How long should i wait for my stuff ? you guys are just stating what "you heard " i have my conversations with him recorded so i can prove anything you guys want. Take a look at the dates of the FB messages , that should tell you how long i waited. Like you said 30PSI you don't know much.
Back to top Go down
30PSIBLK
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
30PSIBLK

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2009-11-12

PostSubject: Re: BIG DADDY PERFORMANCE CENTER REVIEW    BIG DADDY PERFORMANCE CENTER REVIEW  I_icon_minitimeJune 19th 2013, 1:32 pm

USMC like I said all i know what kind of guy he WAS with me and my crew. Always a class act and a stand up guy. Not defending him or saying what he did was right. I dont know much but at the same time I know your upset with the whole situation but dont catch a bad one with me...

If you need help with your build or parts hit me up. I can help. A ton of guys on the forums and on here as well can vouch for me.

Good Luck hope it works out
Back to top Go down
USMCWARVET
USMCWARVET

PostSubject: Re: BIG DADDY PERFORMANCE CENTER REVIEW    BIG DADDY PERFORMANCE CENTER REVIEW  I_icon_minitimeJune 19th 2013, 1:44 pm

@30PSIBLK

ok thanks , not getting mad at you sorry if it came out that way. Just like you im expressing what happened between me and him.
Back to top Go down
97 black supra
97 black supra

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2010-11-19

PostSubject: Re: BIG DADDY PERFORMANCE CENTER REVIEW    BIG DADDY PERFORMANCE CENTER REVIEW  I_icon_minitimeJune 19th 2013, 2:16 pm

I have been around the supra scene since around 06 and Vijay has always been a great stand up guy
no complaints about him
Back to top Go down
USMCWARVET
USMCWARVET

PostSubject: Re: BIG DADDY PERFORMANCE CENTER REVIEW    BIG DADDY PERFORMANCE CENTER REVIEW  I_icon_minitimeJune 19th 2013, 2:56 pm

It is what it is , some shops are like good pussy , there awesome til you get burnt. I got the clap lol
Back to top Go down
Jspec Mk4
STREET KING
STREET KING
Jspec Mk4

Number of posts : 1588
Registration date : 2009-07-08

PostSubject: Re: BIG DADDY PERFORMANCE CENTER REVIEW    BIG DADDY PERFORMANCE CENTER REVIEW  I_icon_minitimeJune 19th 2013, 5:38 pm

USMCWARVET wrote:
It is what it is , some shops are like good pussy , there awesome til you get burnt. I got the clap lol
Lmfao!!!¡!!!!          
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BIG DADDY PERFORMANCE CENTER REVIEW    BIG DADDY PERFORMANCE CENTER REVIEW  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BIG DADDY PERFORMANCE CENTER REVIEW
Page 1 of 1