SOUTHERN KNIGHTS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Boosted Gsr VS.....

Go down 
+13
kleistang/ BANNED
blk05srt
TonyTurbo
CRUSH
Dan
Phantom SRT4
Vtom92
SILVERBEAST
AccordingLO
RAW
Dc5 Chick
s.e.a.n
Jspec Mk4
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
V6Chris
STREET LEGEND
STREET LEGEND
V6Chris

Number of posts : 5188
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Boosted Gsr VS..... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boosted Gsr VS.....   Boosted Gsr VS..... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2010, 5:01 pm

95RioRedCobra wrote:
V6Chris wrote:
95RioRedCobra wrote:
I'm new and not trying to stir the pot, but I definitely find that hard to believe. Unless you let off @ 110 cuz anything above that he should have freight trained you. My boosted '88 Rex GSR powered made 650/476 @ wheels only beat a 750hp M3 by 2 cars to 160 in 2003 and since then not much has changed with power to weight... LOL!

are you nuts?
you know how much shit has changed since 2003....
sooooo many records broken, and re-broken with the same cars or different cars. A LOT has changed since 03. in 03 a 12 second car was wild. a 12second car is the starting course now.

What I said was "since then not much has changed with power to weight" meaning that power to weight will always be a constant and is less of an obstacle for heavier cars at higher speeds... Power to weight is a greater factor from a dig coming out of the hole than it is @ 100mph. At higher speeds hp and aerodynamics have more to do with who will win than power to weight.

tis is true
Back to top Go down
http://www.crtperformance.webs.com
95RioRedCobra
Professional Street Racer
95RioRedCobra

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2010-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Boosted Gsr VS.....   Boosted Gsr VS..... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2010, 5:03 pm

TonyTurbo wrote:
Ya well its more of a full time fabrication place job then a performance shop. Fab worx has a fabricator full time so the price reflected that.

Thats good for you. Can't wait to see what kinda power she makes and if she is able to hold together. My only concern for you now is that baby rear end. What are you planning on doing there?
Back to top Go down
http://www.revolution-performance.com
TonyTurbo
TonyTurbo

Number of posts : 625
Registration date : 2010-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Boosted Gsr VS.....   Boosted Gsr VS..... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2010, 5:08 pm

I am talking to a drive line place now. They have to get the car in and make something to fit. I was thinking maybe same kind of rear end setup as ADP in the s2000's I believe they use an infinity rear end. And a custom driveshaft and axles. It will be a one off for sure.
Back to top Go down
TonyTurbo
TonyTurbo

PostSubject: Re: Boosted Gsr VS.....   Boosted Gsr VS..... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2010, 5:09 pm

yes chris a GT42 + a T3 in a compound turbo setup.
Back to top Go down
95RioRedCobra
95RioRedCobra

PostSubject: Re: Boosted Gsr VS.....   Boosted Gsr VS..... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2010, 5:13 pm

TonyTurbo wrote:
I am talking to a drive line place now. They have to get the car in and make something to fit. I was thinking maybe same kind of rear end setup as ADP in the s2000's I believe they use an infinity rear end. And a custom driveshaft and axles. It will be a one off for sure.

Sounds like a plan... I know a lot of Supra Guys use the center sections from 99/01 & 03/04 Cobras w/ 31 Spline axles which of course would have to be custom, but that may be a good starting point for you if they can figure out a mount setup for it. I know Jason over here @ ATF designed his own diff cover w/ brace for the supra guys and my buddy Chris Gore has gone 8s with no issues making 1000+whp!
Back to top Go down
TonyTurbo
TonyTurbo

PostSubject: Re: Boosted Gsr VS.....   Boosted Gsr VS..... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2010, 5:16 pm

Might give him a shout when the motor is done.
Back to top Go down
TonyTurbo
TonyTurbo

PostSubject: Re: Boosted Gsr VS.....   Boosted Gsr VS..... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2010, 5:18 pm

P.S got sponsored by darton international so its getting sleeves now!!
Back to top Go down
95RioRedCobra
95RioRedCobra

PostSubject: Re: Boosted Gsr VS.....   Boosted Gsr VS..... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2010, 5:25 pm

TonyTurbo wrote:
P.S got sponsored by darton international so its getting sleeves now!!

Good stuff!
Back to top Go down
Jspec Mk4
STREET KING
STREET KING
Jspec Mk4

Number of posts : 1588
Registration date : 2009-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Boosted Gsr VS.....   Boosted Gsr VS..... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2010, 8:40 pm

95RioRedCobra wrote:
I'm new and not trying to stir the pot, but I definitely find that hard to believe. Unless you let off @ 110 cuz anything above that he should have freight trained you. My boosted '88 Rex GSR powered made 650/476 @ wheels only beat a 750hp M3 by 2 cars to 160 in 2003 and since then not much has changed with power to weight... LOL!
we had a 550hp honda full wight race tt lambo .... and im just putting what the guy told me after the race... and that green hatch only 500+hp
Back to top Go down
ppapill1
ppapill1

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2010-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Boosted Gsr VS.....   Boosted Gsr VS..... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeJuly 30th 2010, 2:14 am

Dc5 Chick wrote:
Haha the guy didn't know how to drive.. (he wrapped his Mazda around a tree)

that's my buddy rene. he tried showing off for a few chicks and went into a tree. he drives an 09 si now. and destroyed his dad's transmission...like almost EVERY gear.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Boosted Gsr VS.....   Boosted Gsr VS..... - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Boosted Gsr VS.....
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3