SOUTHERN KNIGHTS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Z51JOEL vs JOHN Z06

Go down 
+11
LthlGT500
V6Chris
MRxSLAYx
PhantomMenace
305Taco
obzidian
srt4crazy05
CRUSH
Phantom SRT4
victory2k8z
Jspec Mk4
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
MRxSLAYx
Professional Street Racer
MRxSLAYx

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-31

Z51JOEL vs JOHN Z06 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Z51JOEL vs JOHN Z06    Z51JOEL vs JOHN Z06 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 12th 2010, 9:01 pm

PhantomMenace wrote:
just throwing this out there... the cobra is very low compression compared to the vettes.cobra may be running 17 psi to the vettes 10 but the vette is running way more compression than the cobra is. so it kind of evens out.
The equation will come down to Engine Displacement, Compression, and Psi. Though everyone is using it wrongly. At the end of the day it comes down to virtual displacement. If the virtual displacement is equal for both cars the vette will mathematically win when factoring in everything from the amount of moving parts, to the % of power lost putting the power to the ground.

This is where people say there is no replacement for displacement... Virtual displacements can be equal, but the power-bands will be different. The edge will always be arguable.
Back to top Go down
305Taco
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
305Taco

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2010-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Z51JOEL vs JOHN Z06    Z51JOEL vs JOHN Z06 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 12th 2010, 9:12 pm

At the end of the day your displacement is only as good as what you're heads flow. You can have a rat 454 vs DOHC Modular and if the 454 wedge heads aren't flowing then that displacement is for nothing. Also compression ratio is only as good as that, a ratio. What matters is peak cylinder pressure. Comparing these 2 motors is pointless though. We don't race motor vs motor. So what comes into play is all the different variables on the specific chassis. Gear ratios, powerband, weight, traction, aerodynamics, etc. Also there is a replacement for displacement. Forced induction. lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Z51JOEL vs JOHN Z06    Z51JOEL vs JOHN Z06 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 12th 2010, 10:35 pm

It looks like some of you are finally using some brain cells lol. Am liking this Debate.

408ci - 281ci = 127ci Joel Motor Its almost twice the size of my motor affraid But my motor Is A pit-bull on steroids, And Joel Motor Its just a lazy ass handicap great-dane Jerkit

lol!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
305Taco
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
305Taco

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2010-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Z51JOEL vs JOHN Z06    Z51JOEL vs JOHN Z06 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 12th 2010, 10:41 pm

wtf
Back to top Go down
V6Chris
STREET LEGEND
STREET LEGEND
V6Chris

Number of posts : 5188
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Z51JOEL vs JOHN Z06    Z51JOEL vs JOHN Z06 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 12th 2010, 11:30 pm

not that its important or something to argue over but the ls7 heads probably out flow Fords DOHC 4.6L heads
and btw folks in reality the 4.6 dohc from the factory is a stronger more well built motor then the ls7.
in fact its one of the STRONGEST production motors built in the history...next to the GT500's motor as well.
over 1000+whp with stock long blocks
There isnt a Stock long block Chevy has ever put out that can do the same

that in no way means the motor is better. the LS7 is a hell of a motor and makes tons of power with nothing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.crtperformance.webs.com
V6Chris
STREET LEGEND
STREET LEGEND
V6Chris

Number of posts : 5188

PostSubject: Re: Z51JOEL vs JOHN Z06    Z51JOEL vs JOHN Z06 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 12th 2010, 11:30 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.crtperformance.webs.com
srt4crazy05
srt4crazy05

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Z51JOEL vs JOHN Z06    Z51JOEL vs JOHN Z06 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 13th 2010, 12:22 am

looks like all this guy can do is PRODUCE words about dyno numbers. but cant PRODUCE positive results
Back to top Go down
LthlGT500
STREET KING
STREET KING

Number of posts : 1236

PostSubject: Re: Z51JOEL vs JOHN Z06    Z51JOEL vs JOHN Z06 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 13th 2010, 12:56 am

all the motors mentioned in this thread are great motors, the LS3(C6), LS7(Z06), 5.4(GT500), 4.6(cobra)....with the right setup all of them will go 140+ (quarter mile) in their respective cars. Comparing the Cobra or GT500 for that matter to a C6/Z06 is like comparing apples to oranges, the Z06 is purpose built its not a car where GM said lets sacrifice performance for looks or comfort, the car is designed to harness every advantage possible while still staying emission safe, getting 24mpg highway and relatively cheap for the performance it offers. The GT500 and Cobra were designed to be "muscle cars" in a sense falling in the same class as the Challenger, Camaro, Charger "the modern American muscle car", heavy torquey big cars with the potential to go fast and make great power but will never have the same handling or weight advantage that a corvette has. Though as we've seen countless times with the right setup anything can happen on the streets or drag strip. I could write a whole car and driver article but i'll leave that to a professional writer.

I still believe though that the Z06 is the best pound for pound/ mod for mod car but thats my opinion

Last edited by LthlGT500 on September 13th 2010, 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
03terminator
STREET KING
STREET KING
03terminator

Number of posts : 1043
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Z51JOEL vs JOHN Z06    Z51JOEL vs JOHN Z06 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 13th 2010, 7:47 am

LthlGT500 wrote:
all the motors mentioned in this thread are great motors, the LS3(C6), LS7(Z06), 5.4(GT500), 4.6(cobra)....with the right setup all of them will go 140+ (quarter mile) in their respective cars. Comparing the Cobra or GT500 for that matter to a C6/Z06 is like comparing apples to oranges, the Z06 is purpose built its not a car where GM said lets sacrifice performance for looks or comfort, the car is designed to harness every advantage possible while still staying emission safe, getting 24mpg highway and relatively cheap for the performance it offers. The GT500 and Cobra were designed to be "muscle cars" in a sense falling in the same class as the Challenger, Camaro, Charger "the modern American muscle car", heavy torquey big cars with the potential to go fast and make great power but will never have the same handling or weight advantage that a corvette has. Though as we've seen countless times with the right setup anything can happen on the streets or drag strip. I could write a whole car and driver article but i'll leave that to a professional writer.

I still believe though that the Z06 is the best pound for pound/ mod for mod car but thats my opinion
I concur in everything you said ...... on that note, Frank you should jump on another c6z and be worry free about doing high rolls unlike the 40-140-145 where after that, the bricks we drive meet a hard wall
Back to top Go down
obzidian
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
obzidian

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2009-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Z51JOEL vs JOHN Z06    Z51JOEL vs JOHN Z06 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 13th 2010, 11:56 am

TheCrusherCobra wrote:
It looks like some of you are finally using some brain cells lol. Am liking this Debate.

408ci - 281ci = 127ci Joel Motor Its almost twice the size of my motor affraid But my motor Is A pit-bull on steroids, And Joel Motor Its just a lazy ass handicap great-dane Jerkit

lol!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

408ci? Does joel have a built/stroked bottom end? Those LS3's are 364ci. or 6.2L.

Back to top Go down
obzidian
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
obzidian

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2009-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Z51JOEL vs JOHN Z06    Z51JOEL vs JOHN Z06 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 13th 2010, 11:57 am

V6Chris wrote:
not that its important or something to argue over but the ls7 heads probably out flow Fords DOHC 4.6L heads
and btw folks in reality the 4.6 dohc from the factory is a stronger more well built motor then the ls7.
in fact its one of the STRONGEST production motors built in the history...next to the GT500's motor as well.
over 1000+whp with stock long blocks
There isnt a Stock long block Chevy has ever put out that can do the same

that in no way means the motor is better. the LS7 is a hell of a motor and makes tons of power with nothing.

The LS9.
Back to top Go down
LthlGT500
STREET KING
STREET KING

PostSubject: Re: Z51JOEL vs JOHN Z06    Z51JOEL vs JOHN Z06 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 13th 2010, 12:06 pm

03terminator wrote:

I concur in everything you said ...... on that note, Frank you should jump on another c6z and be worry free about doing high rolls unlike the 40-140-145 where after that, the bricks we drive meet a hard wall

i've owned 3 mustangs, a 2001 mustang gt, a 2007 mustang GT, and a 08 GT500....they are all great cars but they will always have that weight and aerodynamic disadvantage...and at the times the torque they create can also be your enemy at low rolls, and if you try to roll high your going to start getting to speeds where the Z06 will shine. If Frank is going to produce 800+torque I find it very hard for him to hook at a 40 roll especially with a lighten car. I don't want to say it but a well setup head/cam Z06 will be a handful from a 40-140 even with a 750whp/800wtrq cobra. Maybe a 60-140 or a 55-140 with the cobra starting in 3rd gear would give him a slight edge. Bench racing over.
Back to top Go down
b18chatch06
b18chatch06

Number of posts : 501
Registration date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Z51JOEL vs JOHN Z06    Z51JOEL vs JOHN Z06 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 13th 2010, 12:21 pm

TheCrusherCobra wrote:

lol!

408ci? dont what where you get your crack, but let me get some. ls3's are 376ci from the factory.
Back to top Go down
PhantomMenace
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Z51JOEL vs JOHN Z06    Z51JOEL vs JOHN Z06 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 13th 2010, 12:51 pm

LthlGT500 wrote:

i know im going to get shit in here for saying this but....

i think the jza80(supra) is best mod for mod platform to work on.
all the components on that car can take 1000whp in oem form. axles,diff,tranny,motor,chassis all untouched can produce and handle that power with no modifications done. the car and engine has been proven quater mile,top end and it handles great!
the ls7 engine has paper thin sleeves so really high boost and extreme power is a no go without having to upgrade the sleeves on the block, which also happens to be aluminum. on the 2jz all u need is three things and your at or close to 1000whp. all thats needed to make serious power and take it is a fuel system,nice turbo kit and clutch/fly wheel kit and your done. go get that 1000whp daily driver tuned and have some fun. the z06 is about 200lbs lighter than a hard top supra so the weight diffrence isnt much.all this with a motor that doesnt even make 200ci(half the size of ls7). whats amazing to me is that the supra came out in 93 and the ls7 zo6 came out in 06, it took 13 years to come with a ride that can handle what the supra does but almost costing twice the amount. here we are in 2010 17 years after the last gen supra was first introduced and its still one of the baddest rides/motors out there.

ok let the bashing begin lol!
Back to top Go down
LthlGT500
STREET KING
STREET KING

PostSubject: Re: Z51JOEL vs JOHN Z06    Z51JOEL vs JOHN Z06 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 13th 2010, 1:15 pm

PhantomMenace wrote:
LthlGT500 wrote:

i know im going to get shit in here for saying this but....

all the components on that car can take 1000whp in oem form. axles,diff,tranny,motor,chassis all untouched can produce and handle that power with no modifications done. the car and engine has been proven quater mile,top end and it handles great!
the ls7 engine has paper thin sleeves so really high boost and extreme power is a no go without having to upgrade the sleeves on the block, which also happens to be aluminum. on the 2jz all u need is three things and your at or close to 1000whp. all thats needed to make serious power and take it is a fuel system,nice turbo kit and clutch/fly wheel kit and your done. go get that 1000whp daily driver tuned and have some fun. the z06 is about 200lbs lighter than a hard top supra so the weight diffrence isnt much.all this with a motor that doesnt even make 200ci(half the size of ls7). whats amazing to me is that the supra came out in 93 and the ls7 zo6 came out in 06, it took 13 years to come with a ride that can handle what the supra does but almost costing twice the amount. here we are in 2010 17 years after the last gen supra was first introduced and its still one of the baddest rides/motors out there.

ok let the bashing begin lol!

no I respect your opinion, the Supra is an iconic car mainly because it is still seen as a top contender when it first came out and til now, Toyota made that motor, rear end, and tranny bullet proof. Yes with a nice turbo kit, e85, clutch/flywheel and whatever miscellaneous things you need it will run 9s and go over 140+. The car has gone faster in the mile then any Corvette has gone. For street racing or racing in a straight line in general yes I could see how the Supra can be a better bang for the buck, but if you really have to look at the car overall. I'm not a fan of any particular car company, if hyundai came out with a badass car i'd buy it. We could argue the topic all day but it really comes down to what the buyer/driver wants. I've never driven a single turbo supra so I can't make a statement, but as far as the Z06, the car can be driven daily and get 24mpg while still trapping 125+ stock. With a few bolt ons you'd go a little over 130mph in the quarter, and with a head/cam your looking at 135+. Depending on what kind of cam you go with you can retain a lot of the stock driveablity. The car out handles exotic cars 2 to 3 times the price. and get the same gas mileage as a 325i BMW on the highway. i'd definitely like to see the amount of money spent to get a Supra relatively fast, and possibly take one out for a spin to see what I think. Until then though both cars are up there as far as badass street cars.

* im sure if toyota decided to come out with a modern day supra (not the lexus LFA) with todays technology it would be something special
Back to top Go down
PhantomMenace
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer

PostSubject: Re: Z51JOEL vs JOHN Z06    Z51JOEL vs JOHN Z06 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 13th 2010, 2:15 pm

[quote="LthlGT500"][quote="PhantomMenace"]
LthlGT500 wrote:

no I respect your opinion, the Supra is an iconic car mainly because it is still seen as a top contender when it first came out and til now, Toyota made that motor, rear end, and tranny bullet proof. Yes with a nice turbo kit, e85, clutch/flywheel and whatever miscellaneous things you need it will run 9s and go over 140+. The car has gone faster in the mile then any Corvette has gone. For street racing or racing in a straight line in general yes I could see how the Supra can be a better bang for the buck, but if you really have to look at the car overall. I'm not a fan of any particular car company, if hyundai came out with a badass car i'd buy it. We could argue the topic all day but it really comes down to what the buyer/driver wants. I've never driven a single turbo supra so I can't make a statement, but as far as the Z06, the car can be driven daily and get 24mpg while still trapping 125+ stock. With a few bolt ons you'd go a little over 130mph in the quarter, and with a head/cam your looking at 135+. Depending on what kind of cam you go with you can retain a lot of the stock driveablity. The car out handles exotic cars 2 to 3 times the price. and get the same gas mileage as a 325i BMW on the highway. i'd definitely like to see the amount of money spent to get a Supra relatively fast, and possibly take one out for a spin to see what I think. Until then though both cars are up there as far as badass street cars.

* im sure if toyota decided to come out with a modern day supra (not the lexus LFA) with todays technology it would be something special

im sure the zo6 will out handle the supra. even thought you can hook up a supra for handling andboy will it handle! but the zo6 i think still will whip it on handling for sure.
even though im a toyota fan, im with u on the part where u metioned it doesnt matter about brand of the car, as long as its a badass ride ill pimp that shit!

if toyota comes out with a new supra i will sell my soul for it!
Back to top Go down
victory2k8z
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
victory2k8z

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2009-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Z51JOEL vs JOHN Z06    Z51JOEL vs JOHN Z06 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 13th 2010, 3:01 pm

[quote="PhantomMenace"][quote="LthlGT500"][quote="PhantomMenace"]
LthlGT500 wrote:

im sure the zo6 will out handle the supra. even thought you can hook up a supra for handling andboy will it handle! but the zo6 i think still will whip it on handling for sure.
even though im a toyota fan, im with u on the part where u metioned it doesnt matter about brand of the car, as long as its a badass ride ill pimp that shit!

if toyota comes out with a new supra i will sell my soul for it![/quote]

Damn your not kidding about being a fanbiy huh! lol!

I've had 2 big turbo supras making well over 1K HP...after owning my 1st vette Im never going back! No

The 1 car I would, a 997 GT2... been a porsche driver for a long time...damn germans just make great cars...no rattles and fast as bat outa hell lol!
Back to top Go down
LthlGT500
STREET KING
STREET KING

PostSubject: Re: Z51JOEL vs JOHN Z06    Z51JOEL vs JOHN Z06 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 13th 2010, 4:01 pm

victory2k8z wrote:

I've had 2 big turbo supras making well over 1K HP...after owning my 1st vette Im never going back! No

The 1 car I would, a 997 GT2... been a porsche driver for a long time...damn germans just make great cars...no rattles and fast as bat outa hell lol!

yeah I see for the most part people will go from a Z06 to a Porsche turbo/GT2....the Porsche is just that much more refined then a Z06, I got a chance to put 3000 miles on a 06 Carrera S and it has the comfort of a luxury sedan, and everything about it; the handling, the throttle response, the braking are all precise and smooth. Thats what I believe you pay for though, a Z06/ZR1/Viper will move like a Higher priced Lamborghini/Ferrari/Porsche but you will not quite have the comfort and build quality that an exotic car offers, with everything refined with the precision of a surgeons scalpel whereas a Z06 is more like a sharp steak knife and a Viper is a machete.
Back to top Go down
PhantomMenace
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer

PostSubject: Re: Z51JOEL vs JOHN Z06    Z51JOEL vs JOHN Z06 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 13th 2010, 4:08 pm

yeah porsche is a sick car! the most amazing part aside from its performance is how simple in exterior design it is but yet its such a beautiful car.
Back to top Go down
PhantomMenace
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer

PostSubject: Re: Z51JOEL vs JOHN Z06    Z51JOEL vs JOHN Z06 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 13th 2010, 4:10 pm

victory2k8z wrote:

if toyota comes out with a new supra i will sell my soul for it![/quote]

lmao i know i have a sickness with toyota, its really bad!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Z51JOEL vs JOHN Z06    Z51JOEL vs JOHN Z06 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 13th 2010, 7:55 pm

srt4crazy05 wrote:
looks like all this guy can do is PRODUCE words about dyno numbers. but cant PRODUCE positive results

Bro What a shit talker you are buddy!! Bring out that POS srt4 of yours and I'll show you some positive results punk. Jerkit
Back to top Go down
victory2k8z
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
victory2k8z

PostSubject: Re: Z51JOEL vs JOHN Z06    Z51JOEL vs JOHN Z06 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 13th 2010, 9:13 pm

TheCrusherCobra wrote:
srt4crazy05 wrote:

Bro What a shit talker you are buddy!! Bring out that [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] srt4 of yours and I'll show you some positive results punk. Jerkit

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Nice one JOEL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Z51JOEL vs JOHN Z06    Z51JOEL vs JOHN Z06 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 13th 2010, 9:25 pm

victory thats an old Vid.. everyone has seen It Already. lol Just saying. can you come up with some jokes of your own please>? wtf rulez nutswing

lol!
Back to top Go down
victory2k8z
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
victory2k8z

PostSubject: Re: Z51JOEL vs JOHN Z06    Z51JOEL vs JOHN Z06 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 13th 2010, 9:29 pm

TheCrusherCobra wrote:
victory thats an old Vid.. everyone has seen It Already. lol Just saying. can you come up with some jokes of your own please>? wtf rulez nutswing

lol!

First time i see it...buddy you don't want me to start with the jokes remember what happened last time I still have man many pictures...lol! lol!

great video, we should all do frank spoofs!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Z51JOEL vs JOHN Z06    Z51JOEL vs JOHN Z06 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 13th 2010, 9:45 pm

well If your gonna start jokes with me> just make another thread please, we need the racing excitement In here, just saying. Also Victory lets Not forget That I got some hardcore jokes of my own Hidden under my sleeves, and I can make you very uncomfortable as well too. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Z51JOEL vs JOHN Z06    Z51JOEL vs JOHN Z06 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Z51JOEL vs JOHN Z06
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next