SOUTHERN KNIGHTS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

stock pistons and factory mains. running 8.40 wow

Go down 
+18
TonyTurbo
PTN Performance/ BANNED
632cobra
gatoasao
black cobra
BlackMambaLS3
kachup
kleistang/ BANNED
03eatoncobra
JLexus300
CRUSH
alberth@ad-turbo.com
USMCWARVET
blacktimemachines
quikenuf
V6Chris
Sandor@AD-TurBO.com
Jspec Mk4
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
kachup
Professional Street Racer

Number of posts : 596
Registration date : 2010-06-11

stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: stock pistons and factory mains. running 8.40 wow   stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 14th 2011, 12:22 pm

BlackMambaLS3 wrote:
kachup wrote:
kleistang wrote:
Cobrajet ;P

cheers lol!

you guys know a v8 on boost dont play...neither does a supra but a supra will never do this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lm5RkeuKC1Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lew0nIS2PZk&feature=related

its crazy how much power they put out..go to the gator national and experience it...
i know is diffrent type of category and im not looking for drama...dont get me wrong i love supra, one of the best car out their running the street and track...but when a 2jz-gte could do that (video) ill say is the best car ever made.... popcorn

a month ago u were a supra nut swinger posting all sources of videos of supra and shit now ur on o ford scratch

DO-YOU-KNOW-HOW-TO-READ Rolling Eyes .....I CLEARLY SAID I LOVE SUPRA'S AND NO DRAMA...... Evil or Very Mad And yea i got a ford but im not a nut swinger i could of bought a supra if I WANTED...
Back to top Go down
V6Chris
STREET LEGEND
STREET LEGEND
V6Chris

Number of posts : 5188
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: stock pistons and factory mains. running 8.40 wow   stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 14th 2011, 8:46 pm

dont be fooled, the termi motor and gt500 motor can hold just as much power or more then a 2JZ in stock form.
Back to top Go down
http://www.crtperformance.webs.com
gatoasao
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
gatoasao

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2010-09-25

PostSubject: Re: stock pistons and factory mains. running 8.40 wow   stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 15th 2011, 12:11 am

03eatoncobra wrote:
i dont personally like top fuels, i like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5vk7ySeY-w

drag radials, stock suspension, 3600 pounds.

drag radials yes, stock suspension no, not even close...but still a nice ride (3100lbs) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
632cobra
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
632cobra

Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: stock pistons and factory mains. running 8.40 wow   stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 16th 2011, 12:04 pm

gatoasao wrote:
03eatoncobra wrote:
i dont personally like top fuels, i like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5vk7ySeY-w

drag radials, stock suspension, 3600 pounds.

drag radials yes, stock suspension no, not even close...but still a nice ride (3100lbs) Very Happy

That car has the upper and lower control arms in the stock location. The parts he uses does not make it stock or not. That car is a stock susp mustang.
Back to top Go down
PTN Performance/ BANNED
Amateur Racer
Amateur Racer
PTN Performance/ BANNED

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2009-08-10

PostSubject: Re: stock pistons and factory mains. running 8.40 wow   stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 16th 2011, 2:50 pm

Back to top Go down
TonyTurbo
TonyTurbo

Number of posts : 625
Registration date : 2010-04-05

PostSubject: Re: stock pistons and factory mains. running 8.40 wow   stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 17th 2011, 8:27 am

Man I should of just swapped a 2JZ in the genesis. would of probably saved me a whole lot of headaches.
Back to top Go down
03eatoncobra
03eatoncobra

Number of posts : 376
Registration date : 2009-07-30

PostSubject: Re: stock pistons and factory mains. running 8.40 wow   stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 17th 2011, 9:30 am

titan car is impressive but is a doorslamer, not to compare at all with wolves car, different weights, different suspensions is a different world.
Back to top Go down
alberth@ad-turbo.com
alberth@ad-turbo.com

Number of posts : 812
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: stock pistons and factory mains. running 8.40 wow   stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 17th 2011, 11:10 am

must we always compare domestics vs imports ?
Back to top Go down
http://AD-TURBO.COM
kachup

PostSubject: Re: stock pistons and factory mains. running 8.40 wow   stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 17th 2011, 2:50 pm

alberth@ad-turbo.com wrote:
must we always compare domestics vs imports ?

lol!
Back to top Go down
BlackMambaLS3
STREET KING
STREET KING
BlackMambaLS3

Number of posts : 1749

PostSubject: Re: stock pistons and factory mains. running 8.40 wow   stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 17th 2011, 8:31 pm

lol yes it always comes down to import vs domestic
Back to top Go down
BlackMambaLS3
STREET KING
STREET KING
BlackMambaLS3

Number of posts : 1749

PostSubject: Re: stock pistons and factory mains. running 8.40 wow   stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 17th 2011, 8:33 pm

kachup wrote:
BlackMambaLS3 wrote:
kachup wrote:
kleistang wrote:
Cobrajet ;P

cheers lol!

you guys know a v8 on boost dont play...neither does a supra but a supra will never do this

its crazy how much power they put out..go to the gator national and experience it...
i know is diffrent type of category and im not looking for drama...dont get me wrong i love supra, one of the best car out their running the street and track...but when a 2jz-gte could do that (video) ill say is the best car ever made.... popcorn

a month ago u were a supra nut swinger posting all sources of videos of supra and shit now ur on o ford scratch

DO-YOU-KNOW-HOW-TO-READ Rolling Eyes .....I CLEARLY SAID I LOVE SUPRA'S AND NO DRAMA...... Evil or Very Mad And yea i got a ford but im not a nut swinger i could of bought a supra if I WANTED...

Dude go find on the threads u've always posted is just about supras this and that if you loved them so much and you have the money for it why did you get a ford in the first place makes no sense why not get the car u love lol w.e not my problem ...lets not high jack the thread anymore..
Back to top Go down
alberth@ad-turbo.com
alberth@ad-turbo.com

PostSubject: Re: stock pistons and factory mains. running 8.40 wow   stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 17th 2011, 9:02 pm

funny thing is that v8 guys bitch more about imports being light than imports guys about domestics havin a whole bouch of more pistons and sometimes up to 4 times the engine size i guess no one ever sees that
Back to top Go down
04_Red_gt
Amateur Racer
Amateur Racer
04_Red_gt

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2010-07-15

PostSubject: Re: stock pistons and factory mains. running 8.40 wow   stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 17th 2011, 9:16 pm

Rolling Eyes And imports needs 3,000,000,000 pound of boost and 400000 shot of nos to race a decent v-8
Back to top Go down
alberth@ad-turbo.com
alberth@ad-turbo.com

PostSubject: Re: stock pistons and factory mains. running 8.40 wow   stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 17th 2011, 10:09 pm

ohh really and what ever happend to all motor big motor v8s make big power but reality is that its not enought to compite so v8s also need big turbos and big nitrous so at the end of the day we all use turbos and nitrous and this is a fact im not makin this up. go to the track and u will see many many big v8s with lots of nitrous or very big turbos also on a big tire so to tell u the truth it dosent impress me at all
Back to top Go down
alberth@ad-turbo.com
alberth@ad-turbo.com

PostSubject: Re: stock pistons and factory mains. running 8.40 wow   stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 17th 2011, 10:10 pm

and i dont even want to talk about the streets
Back to top Go down
632cobra
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
632cobra

PostSubject: Re: stock pistons and factory mains. running 8.40 wow   stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 17th 2011, 11:14 pm

alberth@ad-turbo.com wrote:
ohh really and what ever happend to all motor big motor v8s make big power but reality is that its not enought to compite so v8s also need big turbos and big nitrous so at the end of the day we all use turbos and nitrous and this is a fact im not makin this up. go to the track and u will see many many big v8s with lots of nitrous or very big turbos also on a big tire so to tell u the truth it dosent impress me at all

The turbo v8 cars I know dont use nitrous and will hardly if ever ever go passed 30lbs of boost. They dont need it. They make the power because of cubic inch.

What your saying is a built 2zj on 30lbs of boost (no nitrous) will make the same power as a 434ci small block v8 on 30lbs of boost? Wow. Come on Albert. Your smarter than that. Either you have only played with 2jz motors or you definately underestimate the power of V8's

There's no replacement for displacement
Back to top Go down
632cobra
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
632cobra

PostSubject: Re: stock pistons and factory mains. running 8.40 wow   stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 17th 2011, 11:41 pm

stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 2 Picture077

This is a 540ci 11.1 comp street motor. The block is from a 1970 f series truck. (stock) on a 3100lb mustang went 5.90 all motor. On a 200 shot 5.20. could'nt spray more cause it was a stock block. Not many stock imports (if any) on motor can do that.

If you could double the cubic inches on a 2jz motor, you would'nt do it?
Back to top Go down
kleistang/ BANNED
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
kleistang/ BANNED

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: stock pistons and factory mains. running 8.40 wow   stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 18th 2011, 1:13 am

bottom line american muscle cars would rule and be the fastest at any event. (where you can actually measure the cars performance)

street racing is cool and fun but a roll race would never be a good measurement because the conditions would vary on every race. instead on the track the chances of having the same conditions are greater.
Back to top Go down
Jspec Mk4
STREET KING
STREET KING
Jspec Mk4

Number of posts : 1588
Registration date : 2009-07-08

PostSubject: Re: stock pistons and factory mains. running 8.40 wow   stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 18th 2011, 2:43 am

i see imports win most of the time at the track but idn lol if u got money anything can be fast
Back to top Go down
kachup

PostSubject: Re: stock pistons and factory mains. running 8.40 wow   stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 18th 2011, 3:26 am

gsr interga wrote:
i see imports win most of the time at the track but idn lol if u got money anything can be fast

cheers money > anything will be fast...drop a ls7 in a miata see what happens lol! but you need that $$$
Back to top Go down
kachup

PostSubject: Re: stock pistons and factory mains. running 8.40 wow   stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 18th 2011, 3:31 am

BlackMambaLS3 wrote:
kachup wrote:
BlackMambaLS3 wrote:
kachup wrote:
kleistang wrote:
Cobrajet ;P

cheers lol!

Dude go find on the threads u've always posted is just about supras this and that if you loved them so much and you have the money for it why did you get a ford in the first place makes no sense why not get the car u love lol w.e not my problem ...lets not high jack the thread anymore..

like i said i love supra and i will buy one soon... but i got a great deal on the cobra that i couldnt say no Cool plus you cant say you dont love the sound of a cobra the american supra small motor big numbers lol!
Back to top Go down
632cobra
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
632cobra

PostSubject: Re: stock pistons and factory mains. running 8.40 wow   stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 18th 2011, 7:45 am

gsr interga wrote:

Yes, if your at an import event lol!
Back to top Go down
kleistang/ BANNED
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
kleistang/ BANNED

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: stock pistons and factory mains. running 8.40 wow   stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 18th 2011, 9:33 am

632cobra wrote:
gsr interga wrote:

Yes, if your at an import event lol!
x2
Back to top Go down
USMCWARVET
USMCWARVET

Number of posts : 444
Registration date : 2010-10-03

PostSubject: Re: stock pistons and factory mains. running 8.40 wow   stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 18th 2011, 9:40 am

632cobra wrote:
stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 2 Picture077

This is a 540ci 11.1 comp street motor. The block is from a 1970 f series truck. (stock) on a 3100lb mustang went 5.90 all motor. On a 200 shot 5.20. could'nt spray more cause it was a stock block. Not many stock imports (if any) on motor can do that.

If you could double the cubic inches on a 2jz motor, you would'nt do it?

Displacement plays it a big part but you are forgetting 1 thing , volumetric efficiency ! 1 of the main reasons the 2jz needs a shit load of boost to make big power .you can have the biggest engine in the planet and make low HP. I dont know how detuned the LS7 is but for a 7.0L 505 HP is pretty weak . The s62 BMW 5.0L v10 makes 505 hp. That is close to 100% volumetric efficiency. But if im sure he Ls7 has the capability of making close to 800+ hp if changes were made. SO in the end guy with the most money and the right setup will win.
Back to top Go down
V6Chris
STREET LEGEND
STREET LEGEND
V6Chris

Number of posts : 5188

PostSubject: Re: stock pistons and factory mains. running 8.40 wow   stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJune 18th 2011, 12:57 pm

this is such a wasteful ass argument.
The way a motor is designed, flow, size and stroke will all determine its power and what it'll make.
Domestics will generally always make more power because its size. But also remember the aftermarket for domestic motors is MUCH bigger then imports. for a ford small block or chevy small block you can probably find about 50+ different after market heads for it. some from the same company that offer sooo many different styles of the head for the same motor. thats just the head, not including valve options, CNC designs, rocker arms and lengths, push rods, etc..
Also at the end of the day imagine that motor that some one posted a pic of the 5xx CI motor. imagine that motor with a DOHC setup with the after market availability on cams, rockers, port design etc.
That motor would EASILY make way more power and probably run a 5.5 or less instead.
you'll notice american car companys are going to drift away from the push rod stuff just like ford is already doing with a 5.0 that makes 412 hp all motor through a 5.0.
when a chevy 6.0-6.2 push rod makes the same power off the lot.

So OF COURSE an import is going to use more boost to make more power. ITS science, its needs to. it weighs less though, and the motor has 2 or 4 less rods, pistons and less crank to turn it.

Domestics might be a head of the game because the after market is endless. but the technology from the imports is way ahead of the domestics that you see american car companys copy more and more of.

3.5 v6 from ford makes nearly 100 more hp then the old 5.0 ford motors.
also ask yourself
what american motor with a 4 or 6 cylinder under 3.0Ls has gone 7s or 6s
Back to top Go down
http://www.crtperformance.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: stock pistons and factory mains. running 8.40 wow   stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

stock pistons and factory mains. running 8.40 wow
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next