SOUTHERN KNIGHTS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

stock pistons and factory mains. running 8.40 wow

Go down 
+18
TonyTurbo
PTN Performance/ BANNED
632cobra
gatoasao
black cobra
BlackMambaLS3
kachup
kleistang/ BANNED
03eatoncobra
JLexus300
CRUSH
alberth@ad-turbo.com
USMCWARVET
blacktimemachines
quikenuf
V6Chris
Sandor@AD-TurBO.com
Jspec Mk4
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
PhantomMenace
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2010-02-16

stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: stock pistons and factory mains. running 8.40 wow   stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJuly 9th 2011, 10:58 pm

BlackMambaLS3 wrote:
Is this kid living inside a fish tank?? SO you dont need big $$$ if you have a supra to be fast Jerkit2 Joel is going by $15,000 and the motor is not even in..

well he might be in 15K on his car but you dont need to crack that motor open to make 900whp and you dont need to do shit to a 6speed except buy a clutch.
so your basically spending money on a turbo kit,fuel system, and some head components(springs,retainers,cam).
ive been building these motors for a bit now and if you know what you need for the build and are a smart shopper you can build a supra for fairly low amount.
id say you can definatley build a 900whp supra for under 15k but i do most of the install myself.
turbo manifolds and other turbo system parts can be found for dirt cheap now a days. its not like back in the day where for a 2jz you would have to cough up $2000+ on just the manifold. just my opinion thats all.
whats joel installing this 2jz in? a supra or a 240?
Back to top Go down
kachup
Professional Street Racer

Number of posts : 596
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: stock pistons and factory mains. running 8.40 wow   stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2011, 3:18 am

PhantomMenace wrote:
BlackMambaLS3 wrote:
Is this kid living inside a fish tank?? SO you dont need big $$$ if you have a supra to be fast Jerkit2 Joel is going by $15,000 and the motor is not even in..

well he might be in 15K on his car but you dont need to crack that motor open to make 900whp and you dont need to do shit to a 6speed except buy a clutch.
so your basically spending money on a turbo kit,fuel system, and some head components(springs,retainers,cam).
ive been building these motors for a bit now and if you know what you need for the build and are a smart shopper you can build a supra for fairly low amount.
id say you can definatley build a 900whp supra for under 15k but i do most of the install myself.
turbo manifolds and other turbo system parts can be found for dirt cheap now a days. its not like back in the day where for a 2jz you would have to cough up $2000+ on just the manifold. just my opinion thats all.

yea of couse ebay got real cheap shit for the low...or stolen parts Jerkit lol!
Back to top Go down
CRUSH
Admin
Admin
CRUSH

Number of posts : 3512
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: stock pistons and factory mains. running 8.40 wow   stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2011, 9:42 am

kachup wrote:
PhantomMenace wrote:
BlackMambaLS3 wrote:

+1
Back to top Go down
PhantomMenace
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer

PostSubject: Re: stock pistons and factory mains. running 8.40 wow   stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2011, 3:35 pm

kachup wrote:
PhantomMenace wrote:
BlackMambaLS3 wrote:

stolen parts?? you can get used blow off valves,wastegates ,oil lines and new parts go for pretty cheap not only on ebay. fuel rails and injectors can be had for a fairly low price. turbo manifolds and intake manifolds go dirt cheap just gotta make sure you get them from the ppl who make good quality products.
if joel is building a 2jz for a 240 then u gotta understand there is more money that goes into that build just cause of the conversion your doing on another platform which consist of parts and labor that you wouldnt be spending on a supra or sc300.
not sure what tranny they are mostly using on those swaps but im pretty sure its the auto's which doesnt take the abuse the 6speed does even with the built auto's going around now from titan and boost logic. is the 240 2jz swap a sweet swap? yup it is but there still the added costs of the conversion and other supporting parts.
ive done a bunch of project with Lance from toyomoto and Abraham that used to work for him and i always come out with a well built power house 2jz for a good price just gotta know what your doing and where to look for the parts
Back to top Go down
kachup

PostSubject: Re: stock pistons and factory mains. running 8.40 wow   stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2011, 4:44 pm

i know where to look too...just go to titan motorsport and let them built it lol! j.k i know what you mean im trying to find a cheap/perfect whipple or Kb for my car but im being patient not stressing it to much...most people get frustraded and buy the parts no matter the price...
Back to top Go down
PhantomMenace
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer

PostSubject: Re: stock pistons and factory mains. running 8.40 wow   stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2011, 6:04 pm

kachup wrote:
i know where to look too...just go to titan motorsport and let them built it lol! j.k i know what you mean im trying to find a cheap/perfect whipple or Kb for my car but im being patient not stressing it to much...most people get frustraded and buy the parts no matter the price...

lmao at the titan comment! yeah they know what they are doing but jezzzzuuss do they charge some rediculous prices.
like u mentioned being patient is the key to a successful quality build at a good price, parts that ppl are looking for will eventually pop up at great prices, its just ppl in this hobby want shit done asap regardless of the money spent.

those Kb units are pretty sick, i have a turbo charger srt8 so i hang out on the lxforums a lot and there are a few rides on there making some sick power with those Kb's and they are nice looking units too. the torque those things produce is crazy.
what model are looking to get?
Back to top Go down
FordsRKing
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
FordsRKing

Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2009-08-17

PostSubject: Re: stock pistons and factory mains. running 8.40 wow   stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2011, 6:54 pm

You guys are comparing apples to oranges show me any 2jz in any car dont give a fuck what it is, and gimme a v8 in any car, and both with the same amount of money invested in them, and ill show you who will be in front...hands down. on the street is one thing and the track is another, difference is the track dont lie. there is a limit on the street, some of the cars that have been beatin in a race on the street would wax that ass on the track. for those that are making it work on the street i give you props, but to to read some of the posts in this thread is quite ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
PhantomMenace
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer

PostSubject: Re: stock pistons and factory mains. running 8.40 wow   stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2011, 7:40 pm

FordsRKing wrote:
You guys are comparing apples to oranges show me any 2jz in any car dont give a fuck what it is, and gimme a v8 in any car, and both with the same amount of money invested in them, and ill show you who will be in front...hands down. on the street is one thing and the track is another, difference is the track dont lie. there is a limit on the street, some of the cars that have been beatin in a race on the street would wax that ass on the track. for those that are making it work on the street i give you props, but to to read some of the posts in this thread is quite ridiculous.

we all have our opinions. what ive been discussing is a production car with the engine it originally came with. most of the modern cars with v8's need every other supporting part to be upgraded on the car to handle the high hp we have been discussing. no one is arguing that your mighty v8's have more potential to produce more power, what i am arguing though is that the supra is one of the most well built cars in modern day ,every component on the car was designed to handle crazy power straight from the oem, from engine to drivetrain to chassis to brakes. show me a few examples of a modern production car that came with a v8 thats the same. like it or not its the truth. you seem to think im just referring to engines but im not, its everything else that car had. the cars has been proven not only to run great #'s in the 1/4 mile but it can also perform amazingly in the standing mile race at top end speeds. the car is an all around performer thats been kicking ass for a long time now in the streets and the track.
making as high as 2200hp+, running low 7's in the 1/4, running 250+ mph at the mile, handles great and all this with a motor thats only a 3.0 inline 6 id say its a pretty amazing car.
Back to top Go down
FordsRKing
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
FordsRKing

Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2009-08-17

PostSubject: Re: stock pistons and factory mains. running 8.40 wow   stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2011, 10:46 pm

again your comparing apples to oranges, IN TODAYS TIME THE SUPRA WOULD HAVE BEEN THE PRICE OF A GTR hence the stop in production. Nobody is arguing the fact of what you are saying, you have created your own argument, in previous posts comments were made as to the 2jz being capable of more power than any v8. There are new mustangs (2011) already making 900rwhp with stock parts including rear end and auto trans, with only 20lbs of boost...no nitrous, and for 30,000 grand. and they are still fighting issues with the factory ecu's, and this new coyote engine (mustang) is only a year old. how many years did it take for people to extract that kind of power from the supra? and there are other brands that when figured out will be capable of the same, like chevy's new stuff. the supra is a beautiful car with awesome components, but your comments lead people to believe it is the end all of performance cars. and just an fyi if i were an import lover the only thing i would consider building is the toyota v8 (3u & 4u) now those are some real engines with awesome capabilities.
Back to top Go down
PhantomMenace
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer

PostSubject: Re: stock pistons and factory mains. running 8.40 wow   stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJuly 11th 2011, 12:17 am

FordsRKing wrote:
again your comparing apples to oranges, IN TODAYS TIME THE SUPRA WOULD HAVE BEEN THE PRICE OF A GTR hence the stop in production. Nobody is arguing the fact of what you are saying, you have created your own argument, in previous posts comments were made as to the 2jz being capable of more power than any v8. There are new mustangs (2011) already making 900rwhp with stock parts including rear end and auto trans, with only 20lbs of boost...no nitrous, and for 30,000 grand. and they are still fighting issues with the factory ecu's, and this new coyote engine (mustang) is only a year old. how many years did it take for people to extract that kind of power from the supra? and there are other brands that when figured out will be capable of the same, like chevy's new stuff. the supra is a beautiful car with awesome components, but your comments lead people to believe it is the end all of performance cars. and just an fyi if i were an import lover the only thing i would consider building is the toyota v8 (3u & 4u) now those are some real engines with awesome capabilities.

i dont know if you noticed but ive said a couple of times that its a no brainer that a bigger motor has more potential to make more power than a smaller one. as for the comment of why the supra production stopped... it was due to sale numbers buddy so get your facts straight, it stopped being imported in 1998 but continued being produced in japan until 2002 for the same amount of money its always been. also i highly doubt that the new mustang is pulling 900whp on the stock auto with no work done to it, i can bet my sack on the fact that auto was reworked and beefed up to handle that power.
the supra was also released in 93 by 1999/2000 they had plenty of street supras pushing 1000whp, thats only 6 years after production started my brothers car back in 97 built by lance from toyomoto was pushing 900whp by the end of 97 running on a reworked oem ecu. your comparing to a motor from 2011 lol, dude thats a motor that was brought to the public almost 20years after the 2jz. to tell u the truth your comparison is a compliment to the 2jz, half the size, 2 pistons less and with 20 years of technology ahead of it,more cubes and more pistons. none the less the 2jz did alot while still in production keep in mind its not a domestic vehicle where it gets unlimited aftermarket support and the thing that keept the supra from making huge power before the dates i mentioned was lack of tuning. domestic vehicle really never ran into those issues cause the manufactures like ford and chevy have never had a problem with giving out the info to rework their ecu's. once engine managements became more sophisticated and affordable the import world gave the domestics a nice wake up call. your statements a biased, i can tell your a die hard muscle car fan, my comments on the other hand have given props to both worlds cause i love cars in general regardless of make or engine size. i own a supra that makes well over 1000whp and an twin turbo srt8 charger making 900whp on boost with 150shot on top of that, i enjoy both cars very much and appreciate them both for what they are REGARDLESS OF MAKE. ive seen a few of your post around here and you seem to have a hard time swallowing whenever someone praises an import and puts it on a pedistal, to each his own i guess but i really dont gotta prove anything to u, the proof is in the pudding. check out the endless amounts of videos and info that proves that the 2jz is the greates motor to come out of japan and has been tearing up the streets in the usa with the other BIGGER top dog motors
as for the toyota v8(3u and 4u), yeah its a nice motor but in stock form it wont take the beating the 2jz will. the 3uz and 4uz have aluminum blocks and have yet to be proven to handle extreme hp which i highly doubt without sleeving and partially cementing the block.
the highest hp 1uzfe(iron block) have been taken up 2000hp which is amazing but..... again the 2jz has pumped over 2200hp with less pistons and less diplacement, thats why the 2jz has left its iconic mark in history. why do think the supras have their reputation????? cause they are pretty????lol nooooo its cause theyve been kicking ass and taking names for a long time now.
Back to top Go down
kleistang/ BANNED
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
kleistang/ BANNED

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: stock pistons and factory mains. running 8.40 wow   stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJuly 11th 2011, 5:16 pm

stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 4 815192 stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 4 815192 stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 4 815192 stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 4 815192 stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 4 815192 stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 4 815192stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 4 815192stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 4 815192stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 4 815192stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 4 815192stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 4 815192stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 4 815192stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 4 815192stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 4 815192stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 4 815192stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 4 815192stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 4 815192stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 4 815192stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 4 815192stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 4 815192stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 4 815192
Back to top Go down
PhantomMenace
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer

PostSubject: Re: stock pistons and factory mains. running 8.40 wow   stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJuly 11th 2011, 11:59 pm

kleistang wrote:
stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 4 815192 stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 4 815192 stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 4 815192 stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 4 815192 stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 4 815192 stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 4 815192stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 4 815192stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 4 815192stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 4 815192stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 4 815192stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 4 815192stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 4 815192stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 4 815192stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 4 815192stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 4 815192stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 4 815192stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 4 815192stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 4 815192stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 4 815192stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 4 815192stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 4 815192

what? not sure what your stroking yourself off too...
Back to top Go down
V6Chris
STREET LEGEND
STREET LEGEND
V6Chris

Number of posts : 5188
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: stock pistons and factory mains. running 8.40 wow   stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJuly 12th 2011, 6:49 am

hey guys check out this reality check. building a car cost money, the faster you wanna go the more it cost. no matter what car it is! so guess what everyone is spending money its just a matter of person preference and what car you have interest in.
Back to top Go down
http://www.crtperformance.webs.com
kleistang/ BANNED
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
kleistang/ BANNED

PostSubject: Re: stock pistons and factory mains. running 8.40 wow   stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJuly 12th 2011, 6:34 pm

PhantomMenace wrote:
kleistang wrote:

what? not sure what your stroking yourself off too...
a toda la paja que se tienen que estar haciendo para hablar tanta basura. lo que hace falta para correr es BILLETE!!! sea lo que sea el tareco de mierda que uno tenga.

at the end no one can say their car is better or has the potential just because some other guy accomplish something.

and bottom line is that the American muscle car is still the toughest out there in the drag racing world regarless of all the amazing things imports can do
Back to top Go down
PhantomMenace
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer

PostSubject: Re: stock pistons and factory mains. running 8.40 wow   stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJuly 12th 2011, 7:22 pm

only one talkin garbage around here is u sooo keep stroking it buddy.
no one said that it doesnt take money to make a car run hard, what i said was that some cars take alot more than others but i guess you didnt understand my posts.
Back to top Go down
kleistang/ BANNED
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
kleistang/ BANNED

PostSubject: Re: stock pistons and factory mains. running 8.40 wow   stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJuly 12th 2011, 7:32 pm

[quote="PhantomMenace"]
only one talkin garbage around here is u sooo keep stroking it buddy.
me? lol im not the one that puts so much effort on typing such a long post.

no one said that it doesnt take money to make a car run hard, what i said was that some cars take alot more than others
i agree 100% thats why all we need is $$$$ then we can do whatever we want.

but i guess you didnt understand my posts.
i didnt even read it it was too long all i raid was 2200hp supra.
so i dont even know why u thought the stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 4 815192 stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 4 815192 stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 4 815192 were because of what you said lol.
Back to top Go down
PhantomMenace
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer

PostSubject: Re: stock pistons and factory mains. running 8.40 wow   stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJuly 12th 2011, 8:24 pm

but i guess you didnt understand my posts.
i didnt even read it it was too long all i raid was 2200hp supra.
so i dont even know why u thought the stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 4 815192 stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 4 815192 stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 4 815192 were because of what you said lol. [/quote]

well i wasnt sure your post was aimed at me so thats why i asked what was it in reference to
Back to top Go down
PhantomMenace
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer

PostSubject: Re: stock pistons and factory mains. running 8.40 wow   stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJuly 12th 2011, 8:41 pm

well on a side note i should be getting some new drag radial in a week and dynoing the srt8 cause i made a few tweaks in the tune and will be asking if anyone wants to run cause i wanna see how shes doin, shes a heavy bitch so even with big hp its hard to get these srt8's moving. traction is another bitch cause boost comes on pretty fast down low
Back to top Go down
kachup

PostSubject: Re: stock pistons and factory mains. running 8.40 wow   stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJuly 22nd 2011, 2:03 am

Back to top Go down
PhantomMenace
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer

PostSubject: Re: stock pistons and factory mains. running 8.40 wow   stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeJuly 22nd 2011, 3:08 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: stock pistons and factory mains. running 8.40 wow   stock pistons and factory mains.  running 8.40 wow - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

stock pistons and factory mains. running 8.40 wow
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4