SOUTHERN KNIGHTS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SlowWhiteShelby vs Alberth@Ad-Turbo (In-Car Video)

Go down 
+24
Lacaci Motorsports
V6Chris
flaco1086
Steedafied
s.e.a.n
Fam0uz
killacamcivic
alberth@ad-turbo.com
JP GTR R35
ruddysentra
NorySS
botldvq35sed
CRUSH
slickv8
I8URRICE
SILVERBEAST
soaka1
EL MOJON@AD-TURBO.COM
Sandor@AD-TurBO.com
antoanS4
B16B-Ek
Phantom SRT4
BlackMambaLS3
LthlGT500
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
alberth@ad-turbo.com
Professional Street Racer
alberth@ad-turbo.com

Number of posts : 812
Registration date : 2009-06-29

SlowWhiteShelby vs Alberth@Ad-Turbo (In-Car Video) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SlowWhiteShelby vs Alberth@Ad-Turbo (In-Car Video)   SlowWhiteShelby vs Alberth@Ad-Turbo (In-Car Video) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 5th 2009, 11:03 pm

the big problem with the v8 is that they are torque motor not happy on the rev diparment thats why vipers cant catch supras in the mile (viper rev 7k supra rev 10k) thats where the differents is too many moving parts. EX how can a b18 make 195 hp and a 4.6 mod bearly make 260 or so they say and a zo6 7.2 only makes 505.get my point this are just a few production motors
Back to top Go down
http://AD-TURBO.COM

PostSubject: Re: SlowWhiteShelby vs Alberth@Ad-Turbo (In-Car Video)   SlowWhiteShelby vs Alberth@Ad-Turbo (In-Car Video) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 5th 2009, 11:05 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
guys why the need for so much displacment i only have 3 liters bouilt by toyota. the valve covers havent come out of my motor yet it only has a single turbo (cant even call it big pt68) and 1000cc injectors with 2 walbros and a single disk clutch its a very low budget built (does who know about supras know this is just bolt ons its just like having a cobra with a pulley. well kinda

Sorry Alberth, I just can't ever see myself buying an import. I love american muscle, always have always will. The one and only import I have really considered buying is the GT-R, and only because of the amazing technology and handling it has, not so much it's straight line performance. End the end, I'll end up getting the ZR1. It's rare and runs like no other!
Back to top Go down
MRxSLAYx
MRxSLAYx

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-31

PostSubject: Re: SlowWhiteShelby vs Alberth@Ad-Turbo (In-Car Video)   SlowWhiteShelby vs Alberth@Ad-Turbo (In-Car Video) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 5th 2009, 11:33 pm

SlowWhiteShelby wrote:
guys why the need for so much displacment i only have 3 liters bouilt by toyota. the valve covers havent come out of my motor yet it only has a single turbo (cant even call it big pt68) and 1000cc injectors with 2 walbros and a single disk clutch its a very low budget built (does who know about supras know this is just bolt ons its just like having a cobra with a pulley. well kinda

Sorry Alberth, I just can't ever see myself buying an import. I love american muscle, always have always will. The one and only import I have really considered buying is the GT-R, and only because of the amazing technology and handling it has, not so much it's straight line performance. End the end, I'll end up getting the ZR1. It's rare and runs like no other!

Ive got an import with a American Inspired Hear Very Happy
Love the ZR1... but the Supra does it for me.
Back to top Go down
NorySS
NorySS

Number of posts : 656
Registration date : 2009-03-21

PostSubject: Re: SlowWhiteShelby vs Alberth@Ad-Turbo (In-Car Video)   SlowWhiteShelby vs Alberth@Ad-Turbo (In-Car Video) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 6th 2009, 2:31 am

the big problem with the v8 is that they are torque motor not happy on the rev diparment thats why vipers cant catch supras in the mile (viper rev 7k supra rev 10k) thats where the differents is too many moving parts. EX how can a b18 make 195 hp and a 4.6 mod bearly make 260 or so they say and a zo6 7.2 only makes 505.get my point this are just a few production motors

plz stop.

an LS7 is 7.0 L.

Did you know, that when you 'boost' an engine the dynamic displacement is increased?

Yeah, your little 3.0 isnt a 3.0L any more. Displacement is measured at atmospheric pressure. Obviously, if you are boosting an engine, the dynamic displacement increase. So if you are at 1bar (14.7psi) of boost, you engine had double the capacity of an N/A motor.

grats, your little 3.0 is now a 6.0L.

The reason why V8s > smaller engines is because they are fun to drive. Theres no boost to roll into, or break boost, or having to rev it out.

I enjoy being able to increase the throttle lightly and feel the torque pull the car in 6th gear @ less than 2K rpms, instead of having to drop it down a gear and go into boost.

Where there's an aftermarket turbo, there is lag.

reving 10K vs 7K is really a bad example. Case in point, you can change the differential gears/tires on that 7K rpm motor so the shifts will land at the same mph as the 10K rpm motor.

The one advantage 10K rpms has over 7K, is on turbo setups. You can put a bigger turbo and it WILL spool because the exhaust gas velocity is obvious much higher at 7K+ RPMs then anything under 7K rpms.

This is why the hondas, nissans, toyotas all run these 'big' turbos. Cause they rev out the engine to make it spool.

But then its a shitty cruiser.

Which brings it back to my main point. V8s are funner to drive then 4-6bangers.

best bang for your buck right now is the LSx based iron long blocks from the trucks.

A plethora of people are making 700+ RWHP on stock motors on boost. No cam, springs just a 70mm+ turbo that sees boost by 3000rpms.

And I am talking about junkyard motors, aka $500 motors, Tuneable STOCK computer, and cheap transmission combos.

and before anyone says 'oh well, how come you dont see those around', well because we live in south florida. A very urban area.

Urban areas dominated mainly by imports due to the age difference. Heck I dont remember the last time I saw a 4th gen Fbody.

At the end of the day, HP sells cars, TQ wins races. That's why you spray all your xJZ cars, because the motor along can't produce the torque to get you moving.
Back to top Go down
SILVERBEAST
STREET KING
STREET KING
SILVERBEAST

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: SlowWhiteShelby vs Alberth@Ad-Turbo (In-Car Video)   SlowWhiteShelby vs Alberth@Ad-Turbo (In-Car Video) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 6th 2009, 2:49 am

NorySS wrote:

At the end of the day, HP sells cars, TQ wins races. That's why you spray all your xJZ cars, because the motor along can't produce the torque to get you moving.

You do have a point Nory!... ohthedrama
Back to top Go down
NorySS
NorySS

PostSubject: Re: SlowWhiteShelby vs Alberth@Ad-Turbo (In-Car Video)   SlowWhiteShelby vs Alberth@Ad-Turbo (In-Car Video) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 6th 2009, 3:05 am

i knew someone would point that out, and its not a diss, its an observation.

Turbo + Nitrous is a very hard hitting setup on any engine. The nitrous will help spool and make the extra TQ a boost only car lacks.

everyone of the FASTEST 'IMPORTS' run turbo + nitrous.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SlowWhiteShelby vs Alberth@Ad-Turbo (In-Car Video)   SlowWhiteShelby vs Alberth@Ad-Turbo (In-Car Video) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 6th 2009, 2:06 pm

Well Nory i agreed with you Brother i have a 2Jz myself and i am not happy with it, lots og shit happened to mines trying to make it to make power so i am just moving the fuck on back to my Cobra fuck it..

Lets see what a Whipple 3.4L Crusher kit with nitrous can do on a fully built 4.6L>.Cobra motor.
Back to top Go down
V6Chris
STREET LEGEND
STREET LEGEND
V6Chris

Number of posts : 5188

PostSubject: Re: SlowWhiteShelby vs Alberth@Ad-Turbo (In-Car Video)   SlowWhiteShelby vs Alberth@Ad-Turbo (In-Car Video) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 6th 2009, 2:17 pm

Chris honestly...for the price of that Zr1...you can get a BBF or SBF Twin turbo from NRE. throw that in a fox. and just try to make it hook
and it'll still be cheaper.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

these are made to last and made to make power
Back to top Go down
http://www.crtperformance.webs.com

PostSubject: Re: SlowWhiteShelby vs Alberth@Ad-Turbo (In-Car Video)   SlowWhiteShelby vs Alberth@Ad-Turbo (In-Car Video) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 6th 2009, 2:47 pm

Yeah but I'm not taking my wife to dinner in a fox! ZR1 = Classy & FAST
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SlowWhiteShelby vs Alberth@Ad-Turbo (In-Car Video)   SlowWhiteShelby vs Alberth@Ad-Turbo (In-Car Video) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 6th 2009, 2:52 pm

SlowWhiteShelby wrote:

i'll run you when you get the ZR1 before you do any mods to it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SlowWhiteShelby vs Alberth@Ad-Turbo (In-Car Video)   SlowWhiteShelby vs Alberth@Ad-Turbo (In-Car Video) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 6th 2009, 2:58 pm

You'll be waiting a while, it will most likely not be till the middle of next year.
Back to top Go down
V6Chris
STREET LEGEND
STREET LEGEND
V6Chris

PostSubject: Re: SlowWhiteShelby vs Alberth@Ad-Turbo (In-Car Video)   SlowWhiteShelby vs Alberth@Ad-Turbo (In-Car Video) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 6th 2009, 3:06 pm

what about this 1500hp beauty

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SlowWhiteShelby vs Alberth@Ad-Turbo (In-Car Video)   SlowWhiteShelby vs Alberth@Ad-Turbo (In-Car Video) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2009, 10:06 pm

Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SlowWhiteShelby vs Alberth@Ad-Turbo (In-Car Video)   SlowWhiteShelby vs Alberth@Ad-Turbo (In-Car Video) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2009, 10:10 pm

Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SlowWhiteShelby vs Alberth@Ad-Turbo (In-Car Video)   SlowWhiteShelby vs Alberth@Ad-Turbo (In-Car Video) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2009, 10:20 pm

you call that a race?????. scratch I'put money on the shelby from 60 to 160mph and see what will really happen
Back to top Go down
Sandor@AD-TurBO.com
Sandor@AD-TurBO.com

Number of posts : 394
Registration date : 2009-07-19

PostSubject: Re: SlowWhiteShelby vs Alberth@Ad-Turbo (In-Car Video)   SlowWhiteShelby vs Alberth@Ad-Turbo (In-Car Video) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2009, 10:24 pm

when ever you want and for any money you want let me know
Back to top Go down
86fox
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
86fox

Number of posts : 249
Registration date : 2009-08-28

PostSubject: Re: SlowWhiteShelby vs Alberth@Ad-Turbo (In-Car Video)   SlowWhiteShelby vs Alberth@Ad-Turbo (In-Car Video) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2009, 10:28 pm

SlowWhiteShelby wrote:

what you trying to say jk. lol!
Back to top Go down
flaco1086
Amateur Racer
Amateur Racer
flaco1086

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2009-08-17

PostSubject: Re: SlowWhiteShelby vs Alberth@Ad-Turbo (In-Car Video)   SlowWhiteShelby vs Alberth@Ad-Turbo (In-Car Video) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 10th 2009, 11:19 am

03terminator wrote:
turbos rule Al,(turbos>nitrous>s/c'r) whatever boost you run on the 2j run that same boost on a v8 (built v8, well for the most part) but those 2j's are no joke and they deserve respect

definitly have my respect i dont think any motor could put up with that much power on a stock bottom end
Back to top Go down
V6Chris
STREET LEGEND
STREET LEGEND
V6Chris

PostSubject: Re: SlowWhiteShelby vs Alberth@Ad-Turbo (In-Car Video)   SlowWhiteShelby vs Alberth@Ad-Turbo (In-Car Video) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 10th 2009, 7:10 pm

flaco1086 wrote:
03terminator wrote:
turbos rule Al,(turbos>nitrous>s/c'r) whatever boost you run on the 2j run that same boost on a v8 (built v8, well for the most part) but those 2j's are no joke and they deserve respect

definitly have my respect i dont think any motor could put up with that much power on a stock bottom end

this is true
but 20psi on a 5.0 gives you different numbers then a 2j on 20psi
Back to top Go down
NorySS
NorySS

PostSubject: Re: SlowWhiteShelby vs Alberth@Ad-Turbo (In-Car Video)   SlowWhiteShelby vs Alberth@Ad-Turbo (In-Car Video) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 10th 2009, 7:30 pm

flaco1086 wrote:
03terminator wrote:

stock iron block LSx from the trucks have been proven to make over 700RWHP with 0 = ZERO forged internals or anything else done to it.
Back to top Go down
V6Chris
STREET LEGEND
STREET LEGEND
V6Chris

PostSubject: Re: SlowWhiteShelby vs Alberth@Ad-Turbo (In-Car Video)   SlowWhiteShelby vs Alberth@Ad-Turbo (In-Car Video) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 10th 2009, 7:33 pm

stock 03-04 cobra have handled over 1000rwhp
same with GT500s
cheers

I mean if we really wana start the pissing contest
Back to top Go down
LthlGT500
STREET KING
STREET KING

Number of posts : 1236

PostSubject: Re: SlowWhiteShelby vs Alberth@Ad-Turbo (In-Car Video)   SlowWhiteShelby vs Alberth@Ad-Turbo (In-Car Video) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 10th 2009, 8:17 pm

Stock lamborghini lp560 motor holds about 1000whp
Back to top Go down
V6Chris
STREET LEGEND
STREET LEGEND
V6Chris

PostSubject: Re: SlowWhiteShelby vs Alberth@Ad-Turbo (In-Car Video)   SlowWhiteShelby vs Alberth@Ad-Turbo (In-Car Video) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 10th 2009, 8:19 pm

LthlGT500 wrote:

yeah but it'd still run 11s or high 10s lol
Back to top Go down
LthlGT500
STREET KING
STREET KING

Number of posts : 1236

PostSubject: Re: SlowWhiteShelby vs Alberth@Ad-Turbo (In-Car Video)   SlowWhiteShelby vs Alberth@Ad-Turbo (In-Car Video) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 10th 2009, 8:32 pm

V6Chris wrote:
LthlGT500 wrote:

yeah but it'd still run 11s or high 10s lol

underground racing ones trap like 160mph on like street tires not even drag radials doing low 10s high 9s
Back to top Go down
NorySS
NorySS

PostSubject: Re: SlowWhiteShelby vs Alberth@Ad-Turbo (In-Car Video)   SlowWhiteShelby vs Alberth@Ad-Turbo (In-Car Video) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 10th 2009, 8:48 pm

V6Chris wrote:
stock 03-04 cobra have handled over 1000rwhp
same with GT500s
cheers

I mean if we really wana start the pissing contest

not on completely stock internals, ie down to the bearings.

GM manufacturing > all
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SlowWhiteShelby vs Alberth@Ad-Turbo (In-Car Video)   SlowWhiteShelby vs Alberth@Ad-Turbo (In-Car Video) - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SlowWhiteShelby vs Alberth@Ad-Turbo (In-Car Video)
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next