SOUTHERN KNIGHTS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

08 Viper Heads/Cam vs SlowVette

Go down 
+17
Juan21
vette
Steedafied
MrEJay-1
86fox
NorySS
Jspec Mk4
03eatoncobra
V6Chris
SILVERBEAST
MRxSLAYx
victory2k8z
03terminator
menaceEVO
Phantom SRT4
Eifelrennen
LthlGT500
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
menaceEVO
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2009-12-09

08 Viper Heads/Cam vs SlowVette - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 08 Viper Heads/Cam vs SlowVette   08 Viper Heads/Cam vs SlowVette - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeDecember 17th 2009, 11:51 pm

that vid is so fuckni funny lmao
Back to top Go down
victory2k8z
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
victory2k8z

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2009-11-23

PostSubject: Re: 08 Viper Heads/Cam vs SlowVette   08 Viper Heads/Cam vs SlowVette - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeDecember 17th 2009, 11:52 pm

Here is another one the gearing on the viper SUXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Z06 has a taller final drive

Viper:

Tremec TR6060 6-Speed Manual
Final Drive 3.07:1
1st Gear Ratio 2.66:1
2nd Gear Ratio 1.78:1
3rd Gear Ratio 1.3:1
4th Gear Ratio 1:1
5th Gear Ratio 0.74:1
6th Gear Ratio 0.5:1

Z06:

Tremec 6 Speed Manual
Final Drive 3.42:1
Back to top Go down
victory2k8z
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
victory2k8z

PostSubject: Re: 08 Viper Heads/Cam vs SlowVette   08 Viper Heads/Cam vs SlowVette - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeDecember 17th 2009, 11:56 pm

menaceEVO wrote:
u should.. bt hay i waz close enough 790 either way if u had spray u would have yanked that viper thats wat ppl dnt get..and u can drive another good reason why ppl shouldnt talk shit.....and yo victory wit the red vette u proved a point and on this website ppl are gunna talk shit jus do it bak its funny..and welcome

THX man cheers
Back to top Go down
NorySS
Professional Street Racer
NorySS

Number of posts : 656
Registration date : 2009-03-21

PostSubject: Re: 08 Viper Heads/Cam vs SlowVette   08 Viper Heads/Cam vs SlowVette - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeDecember 17th 2009, 11:57 pm

when you say TALLER, people refer to the fact that the actual gear is bigger physically.

whe the gear is bigger, it is NUMBERICALLY SMALLER.

So, the viper will stay in the gear longer/per REV than the z06.
Back to top Go down
menaceEVO
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2009-12-09

PostSubject: Re: 08 Viper Heads/Cam vs SlowVette   08 Viper Heads/Cam vs SlowVette - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2009, 12:03 am

you welcome bra do you go to the spot saturdayz or wensdays.. that video wit the chinesse kid is mad funnt..
Back to top Go down
victory2k8z
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
victory2k8z

PostSubject: Re: 08 Viper Heads/Cam vs SlowVette   08 Viper Heads/Cam vs SlowVette - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2009, 12:04 am

NorySS wrote:
when you say TALLER, people refer to the fact that the actual gear is bigger physically.

In addition to changing the direction of power flow by 90 degrees (from the driveshaft to the axles), the purpose of the rearend gears is to multiply the torque delivered by the engine and transmission. Gears can be thought of as complex levers. In other words, they provide a mechanical advantage that multiplies work--in this case, torque--to help the engine's power move the vehicle. Lower gears are like a longer lever: They provide more mechanical advantage. Higher gears are like a shorter lever: They provide less mechanical advantage. It's similar to when you use a long breaker bar instead of a short ratchet handle to remove tight lug nuts. Just like a long bar puts more torque on a lug nut, lower axle gears provide more torque to the wheels.

It's very easy to calculate the torque multiplication provided by your axle gears--just multiply by the gear ratio. For example, let's assume that the engine and transmission are delivering 100 lb-ft of torque to the pinion gear. If the gear ratio of the ring-and-pinion is 4.10:1, then the output torque is 410 lb-ft (100x4.10). Similarly, if the gear ratio is 3.08:1, then the output torque will be 308 lb-ft. It's easy to see that the lower 4.10:1 gears put more power to the ground than the higher 3.08:1 gears. Keep in mind that the engine's power has not changed but that the available torque to the tires has.

C apish? Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 08 Viper Heads/Cam vs SlowVette   08 Viper Heads/Cam vs SlowVette - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2009, 12:06 am

NorySS wrote:

thats how i felt when i ran him. i shifted before him.
Back to top Go down
86fox
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
86fox

Number of posts : 249
Registration date : 2009-08-28

PostSubject: Re: 08 Viper Heads/Cam vs SlowVette   08 Viper Heads/Cam vs SlowVette - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2009, 12:06 am

oh boy someone is getting technical with nory not a good idea!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 08 Viper Heads/Cam vs SlowVette   08 Viper Heads/Cam vs SlowVette - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2009, 12:08 am

maybe i should post up this vid on viperalley and see what they say... lol!
Back to top Go down
V6Chris
STREET LEGEND
STREET LEGEND
V6Chris

Number of posts : 5188
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: 08 Viper Heads/Cam vs SlowVette   08 Viper Heads/Cam vs SlowVette - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2009, 12:10 am

victory2k8z wrote:

Viper:

Z06:

Tremec 6 Speed Manual

as much as i hate that dude....what you just said isnt correct bro.
if the above is true the Viper should have a more top end...Depending on where each car redlines
if the both redline at 7rpms and the Z06 in fourth gear can do 170mph that viper should be able to do about 190 at 7000rpms
WITH SAME SIZE TIRE

go down to the gear calculator
Back to top Go down
http://www.crtperformance.webs.com
victory2k8z
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
victory2k8z

PostSubject: Re: 08 Viper Heads/Cam vs SlowVette   08 Viper Heads/Cam vs SlowVette - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2009, 12:10 am

Slow Vette wrote:

NITROUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS they will scream it from the mountain tops
Back to top Go down
V6Chris
STREET LEGEND
STREET LEGEND
V6Chris

PostSubject: Re: 08 Viper Heads/Cam vs SlowVette   08 Viper Heads/Cam vs SlowVette - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2009, 12:11 am

victory2k8z wrote:
NorySS wrote:

In addition to changing the direction of power flow by 90 degrees (from the driveshaft to the axles), the purpose of the rearend gears is to multiply the torque delivered by the engine and transmission. Gears can be thought of as complex levers. In other words, they provide a mechanical advantage that multiplies work--in this case, torque--to help the engine's power move the vehicle. Lower gears are like a longer lever: They provide more mechanical advantage. Higher gears are like a shorter lever: They provide less mechanical advantage. It's similar to when you use a long breaker bar instead of a short ratchet handle to remove tight lug nuts. Just like a long bar puts more torque on a lug nut, lower axle gears provide more torque to the wheels.

It's very easy to calculate the torque multiplication provided by your axle gears--just multiply by the gear ratio. For example, let's assume that the engine and transmission are delivering 100 lb-ft of torque to the pinion gear. If the gear ratio of the ring-and-pinion is 4.10:1, then the output torque is 410 lb-ft (100x4.10). Similarly, if the gear ratio is 3.08:1, then the output torque will be 308 lb-ft. It's easy to see that the lower 4.10:1 gears put more power to the ground than the higher 3.08:1 gears. Keep in mind that the engine's power has not changed but that the available torque to the tires has.

C apish? Very Happy

another thing, swapping gears do not effect dyno numbers..
Back to top Go down
victory2k8z
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
victory2k8z

PostSubject: Re: 08 Viper Heads/Cam vs SlowVette   08 Viper Heads/Cam vs SlowVette - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2009, 12:13 am

V6Chris wrote:
victory2k8z wrote:

Viper:

Z06:

Tremec 6 Speed Manual

if the above is true the Viper should have a more top end...Depending on where each car redlines
if the both redline at 7rpms and the Z06 in fourth gear can do 170mph that viper should be able to do about 190 at 7000rpms
WITH SAME SIZE TIRE

The viper has the gear to achive a higer top end, yet there is alot more to it...weight, aero, power band, tire diameter...all these factors make a difference
Back to top Go down
victory2k8z
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
victory2k8z

PostSubject: Re: 08 Viper Heads/Cam vs SlowVette   08 Viper Heads/Cam vs SlowVette - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2009, 12:15 am

V6Chris wrote:
victory2k8z wrote:
NorySS wrote:

C apish? Very Happy

Dude dyno numbers don't mean squat... ain't nuttin but a number ive seen 500hp cars walk 600hp cars and besides where that vipers dyno numbers SAE corrected?
he might of been on a "happy dyno"
Back to top Go down
V6Chris
STREET LEGEND
STREET LEGEND
V6Chris

PostSubject: Re: 08 Viper Heads/Cam vs SlowVette   08 Viper Heads/Cam vs SlowVette - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2009, 12:17 am

victory2k8z wrote:
V6Chris wrote:
victory2k8z wrote:

Viper:

Z06:

Tremec 6 Speed Manual

WITH SAME SIZE TIRE

The viper has the gear to achive a higer top end, yet there is alot more to it...weight, aero, power band, tire diameter...all these factors make a difference

actually with those type of cars its really just power and RPM ban...if the viper only revs out to 6000rpms...then in 4th gear that viper is only going to do about 145....assuming with a 28in tire..
The viper is pretty aero

I understand what you're saying, I'am just stating that the vipers gearing really is the same as the z06 if not better built for top end. just the viper does not rev out has high

Chevy > Mopar
Back to top Go down
V6Chris
STREET LEGEND
STREET LEGEND
V6Chris

PostSubject: Re: 08 Viper Heads/Cam vs SlowVette   08 Viper Heads/Cam vs SlowVette - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2009, 12:19 am

victory2k8z wrote:
V6Chris wrote:
victory2k8z wrote:
NorySS wrote:

C apish? Very Happy

Dude dyno numbers don't mean squat... ain't nuttin but a number ive seen 500hp cars walk 600hp cars and besides where that vipers dyno numbers SAE corrected?
he might of been on a "happy dyno"

everything I'am saying is going over your head man. I said nothing about dyno numbers being important. because a 350whp fox can run 11.00s but a 440whp z06 is going to run 11.1s.....
100whp difference...
I said swapping gear ratios do not effect dyno numbers...in no way did i say dyno numbers mean anything...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 08 Viper Heads/Cam vs SlowVette   08 Viper Heads/Cam vs SlowVette - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2009, 12:20 am

victory2k8z wrote:
Slow Vette wrote:

NITROUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS they will scream it from the mountain tops

well lets find out
Back to top Go down
victory2k8z
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
victory2k8z

PostSubject: Re: 08 Viper Heads/Cam vs SlowVette   08 Viper Heads/Cam vs SlowVette - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2009, 12:25 am

V6Chris wrote:
victory2k8z wrote:
V6Chris wrote:
victory2k8z wrote:

Viper:

Z06:

Tremec 6 Speed Manual

WITH SAME SIZE TIRE

actually with those type of cars its really just power and RPM ban...if the viper only revs out to 6000rpms...then in 4th gear that viper is only going to do about 145....assuming with a 28in tire..
The viper is pretty aero

I understand what you're saying, I'am just stating that the vipers gearing really is the same as the z06 if not better built for top end. just the viper does not rev out has high

Chevy > Mopar

Not disputing this you are correct, yet the Z will produce more torque due to the taller gear...all things being equall the vette will achive its top speed faster yet the viper will yeld a higher top end speed (hence 195mph vs 202mph)
Back to top Go down
V6Chris
STREET LEGEND
STREET LEGEND
V6Chris

PostSubject: Re: 08 Viper Heads/Cam vs SlowVette   08 Viper Heads/Cam vs SlowVette - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2009, 12:27 am

Let me some everything up
Titos car is not on spray point blank. his car hood was open 10-12 or later. for all the shit tlakers next time take a look before you talk shit.

as far as the gear debate
viper has a better top end final drive gear...tranny gearing is the same
BUT the viper doesnt rev out as high...a full 1000rpms less
because of this the gearing actually doesnt work out as well
Any car with a 3.08 gear that dynos 400rwhp...if they swapped gears to a 4.11 gear...they will then dyno 400rwhp again...like wise with torque...
swapping gears doesnt effect dyno numbers. just feels like you have more torque, but you techinqually are not putting down more torque to the ground

Horsepower doesnt mean much.

Last edited by V6Chris on December 18th 2009, 12:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NorySS
NorySS

Number of posts : 656
Registration date : 2009-03-21

PostSubject: Re: 08 Viper Heads/Cam vs SlowVette   08 Viper Heads/Cam vs SlowVette - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2009, 12:28 am

victory2k8z wrote:
NorySS wrote:

C apish? Very Happy

I srsly can't believe you wrote Capish.

You didn't understand why I wrote my post.

Plz stop posting this material like its your own w.o giving credit.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 4th paragraph.
Back to top Go down
V6Chris
STREET LEGEND
STREET LEGEND
V6Chris

PostSubject: Re: 08 Viper Heads/Cam vs SlowVette   08 Viper Heads/Cam vs SlowVette - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2009, 12:30 am

NorySS wrote:
victory2k8z wrote:
NorySS wrote:

C apish? Very Happy

damn thats basically word for word...reps for Nory on the find
Back to top Go down
victory2k8z
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
victory2k8z

PostSubject: Re: 08 Viper Heads/Cam vs SlowVette   08 Viper Heads/Cam vs SlowVette - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2009, 1:02 am

NorySS wrote:
victory2k8z wrote:
NorySS wrote:

C apish? Very Happy

Are you kidding me, did i state it was my own Ill make sure to caption and credit the author in future posts! Shocked

Just trying to get my point across without typing the bible
Back to top Go down
victory2k8z
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
victory2k8z

PostSubject: Re: 08 Viper Heads/Cam vs SlowVette   08 Viper Heads/Cam vs SlowVette - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2009, 1:04 am

V6Chris wrote:
NorySS wrote:
victory2k8z wrote:
NorySS wrote:

C apish? Very Happy

damn thats basically word for word...reps for Nory on the find

Its a feature in windows called copy and paste...see below for reference

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
victory2k8z
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
victory2k8z

PostSubject: Re: 08 Viper Heads/Cam vs SlowVette   08 Viper Heads/Cam vs SlowVette - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2009, 1:07 am

LthlGT500 wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Where did u get that avitar..... Shocked Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
MrEJay-1
MrEJay-1

Number of posts : 782

PostSubject: Re: 08 Viper Heads/Cam vs SlowVette   08 Viper Heads/Cam vs SlowVette - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2009, 1:14 am

Good run Tito!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 08 Viper Heads/Cam vs SlowVette   08 Viper Heads/Cam vs SlowVette - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

08 Viper Heads/Cam vs SlowVette
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next