SOUTHERN KNIGHTS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CrusherCobra track videos!

Go down 
+17
victory2k8z
03terminator
CRUSH
Steedafied
92coupe
pingaloca25
XSPSI
Phantom SRT4
2003styellowsrt
LthlGT500
BlackMambaLS3
03eatoncobra
schadenfreude
nxeclipse
R35 GTR
TonyTurbo
SlowSilverGTR
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
SlowSilverGTR
STREET KING
STREET KING
SlowSilverGTR

Number of posts : 1478
Registration date : 2010-05-18

CrusherCobra track videos! Empty
PostSubject: CrusherCobra track videos!   CrusherCobra track videos! I_icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2010, 1:50 pm

Back to top Go down
TonyTurbo
Professional Street Racer
TonyTurbo

Number of posts : 625
Registration date : 2010-04-05

PostSubject: Re: CrusherCobra track videos!   CrusherCobra track videos! I_icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2010, 2:46 pm

What did isaac run?
Back to top Go down
R35 GTR
R35 GTR

Number of posts : 554
Registration date : 2010-04-09

PostSubject: Re: CrusherCobra track videos!   CrusherCobra track videos! I_icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2010, 3:12 pm

What is Isac driving these days
Back to top Go down
SlowSilverGTR
STREET KING
STREET KING
SlowSilverGTR

PostSubject: Re: CrusherCobra track videos!   CrusherCobra track videos! I_icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2010, 3:46 pm

TonyTurbo wrote:
What did isaac run?

Here's the run from Issac and I! I hit the rev limiter in 1st, which I did about 3 times that night!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
TonyTurbo
TonyTurbo

Number of posts : 625
Registration date : 2010-04-05

PostSubject: Re: CrusherCobra track videos!   CrusherCobra track videos! I_icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2010, 3:53 pm

wierd. I ran my 320 hp genesis coupe first time at the tack n ran 13.4 108mph with 2.3 60 why is a 700hp car running high 12s?
Back to top Go down
nxeclipse
nxeclipse

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2010-09-16

PostSubject: Re: CrusherCobra track videos!   CrusherCobra track videos! I_icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2010, 4:02 pm

TonyTurbo wrote:
wierd. I ran my 320 hp genesis coupe first time at the tack n ran 13.4 108mph with 2.3 60 why is a 700hp car running high 12s?
did you watch the video? He spun, went left, let off then got back in it. The first pass in that video is the cobra going low 11s
Back to top Go down
schadenfreude
schadenfreude

Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2010-04-20

PostSubject: Re: CrusherCobra track videos!   CrusherCobra track videos! I_icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2010, 4:09 pm

if Frank would switch over to an automatic, he would be running so much faster. And what sort of suspension mods has he made to the car?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CrusherCobra track videos!   CrusherCobra track videos! I_icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2010, 5:08 pm

This what I what had happen when Isaac made that last pass In my car when he shifted to 4th.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CrusherCobra track videos!   CrusherCobra track videos! I_icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2010, 5:33 pm

Thats what high torque does to a stock input shaft> that input shaft got bent when I made a pass and down shifted from 3rd gear back to second gear instead of me shifting to 4th gear> then broke when Isaac made that last pass. it was already about to brake off I think. It lasted a long time before It broke.
Back to top Go down
03eatoncobra
03eatoncobra

Number of posts : 376
Registration date : 2009-07-30

PostSubject: Re: CrusherCobra track videos!   CrusherCobra track videos! I_icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2010, 6:11 pm

TheCrusherCobra wrote:
Thats what high torque does to a stock input shaft> that input shaft got bent when I made a pass and down shifted from 3rd gear back to second gear instead of me shifting to 4th gear> then broke when Isaac made that last pass. it was already about to brake off I think. It lasted a long time before It broke.
what suspension do you have crusher? the car is wheelhopping that is a big NONO!!!
Back to top Go down
BlackMambaLS3
STREET KING
STREET KING
BlackMambaLS3

Number of posts : 1749
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: CrusherCobra track videos!   CrusherCobra track videos! I_icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2010, 6:26 pm

CRUSHER NEEDS 345'S
Back to top Go down
LthlGT500
STREET KING
STREET KING

Number of posts : 1236
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: CrusherCobra track videos!   CrusherCobra track videos! I_icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2010, 6:30 pm

that guy is pretty cocky saying he would run a 10.4-10.6 and only managing a 1.9 60 foot
Back to top Go down
2003styellowsrt
2003styellowsrt

Number of posts : 473
Registration date : 2009-04-10

PostSubject: Re: CrusherCobra track videos!   CrusherCobra track videos! I_icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2010, 6:51 pm

LthlGT500 wrote:
that guy is pretty cocky saying he would run a 10.4-10.6 and only managing a 1.9 60 foot

yea but he got a killer reaction time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!and chris didnt stay behind ither.....lmao
Back to top Go down
SlowSilverGTR
STREET KING
STREET KING
SlowSilverGTR

PostSubject: Re: CrusherCobra track videos!   CrusherCobra track videos! I_icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2010, 7:15 pm

LthlGT500 wrote:

Here's Issac and I's race from that night in his own car. Don't worry about the red light, he told me I could take the hit!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CrusherCobra track videos!   CrusherCobra track videos! I_icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2010, 8:31 pm

03eatoncobra wrote:
TheCrusherCobra wrote:
what suspension do you have crusher? the car is wheelhopping that is a big NONO!!!

Stock Suspension> what should I get for the rear>? If I probably lower It a bit more from the back It'll hook and squash harder maybe. scratch
Back to top Go down
schadenfreude
schadenfreude

Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2010-04-20

PostSubject: Re: CrusherCobra track videos!   CrusherCobra track videos! I_icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2010, 9:20 pm

dude, if you want to run good you need an aftermarket suspension with all that power.
Back to top Go down
Phantom SRT4
STREET KING
STREET KING
Phantom SRT4

Number of posts : 2395
Registration date : 2009-02-14

PostSubject: Re: CrusherCobra track videos!   CrusherCobra track videos! I_icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2010, 9:25 pm

Make it FWD
Back to top Go down
XSPSI
XSPSI

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2009-11-19

PostSubject: Re: CrusherCobra track videos!   CrusherCobra track videos! I_icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2010, 9:49 pm

TheCrusherCobra wrote:
03eatoncobra wrote:
TheCrusherCobra wrote:

Stock Suspension> what should I get for the rear>? If I probably lower It a bit more from the back It'll hook and squash harder maybe. scratch

Frank, you need to put the diffarential brace and the stronger half shafts and a set of good shocks. If you don't you will brake something else on the rear when you get it to hook. I also sugest to get gears, you car is making enough power to be able to run up top even with more gear, you'll just get there faster.
Back to top Go down
pingaloca25
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
pingaloca25

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2010-09-05

PostSubject: Re: CrusherCobra track videos!   CrusherCobra track videos! I_icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2010, 12:58 am

get some upper and lower control arms and some nice shocks....and dont drop the rear. get drag springs.
Back to top Go down
92coupe
92coupe

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2010-01-16

PostSubject: Re: CrusherCobra track videos!   CrusherCobra track videos! I_icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2010, 2:44 am

My knowledge of these 03-04 cobras is limited. I know they come with independent rear suspension, does this car still have that or was it switched to an 8.8 or 9 inch? If it still has the irs, what after market suspension parts do they sell for these rears? What gears are you running now? Is the front suspension still completely stock? If it is, this is where I would concentrate next considering that it sounds like you have enough power already. You are going to continue braking parts if you don't upgrade your suspension. With that much power, your tranny is living on borrowed time if its still the stock tranny. Just my .02 cents.

Back to top Go down
03eatoncobra
03eatoncobra

Number of posts : 376
Registration date : 2009-07-30

PostSubject: Re: CrusherCobra track videos!   CrusherCobra track videos! I_icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2010, 4:49 am

TheCrusherCobra wrote:
03eatoncobra wrote:
TheCrusherCobra wrote:

get upr upper and lower control arms, strange adjustable shocks and regular GT springs. depending on how hard youre going to launch you may also need a antiroll bar.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CrusherCobra track videos!   CrusherCobra track videos! I_icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2010, 11:55 am

XSPSI wrote:
TheCrusherCobra wrote:
03eatoncobra wrote:
TheCrusherCobra wrote:

Frank, you need to put the diffarential brace and the stronger half shafts and a set of good shocks. If you don't you will brake something else on the rear when you get it to hook. I also sugest to get gears, you car is making enough power to be able to run up top even with more gear, you'll just get there faster.

Thanks man!! I'll look Into It" The car already has DDS stage 5 half-shafts Installed, and Monday Am installing the 1000Torq 26spline ungraded input-shaft and 26spline 850torq clutch kit>> what I need Is a set of good shocks and springs. I really dont want to mess with the front crossmember, I know that If I upgrade to an UPR crossmember cradle kit the car is gonna improve weight ratio wise and suspension wise. I just dont want to continue to depreciate the value of the car anylonger, I seen this cobras running high 9s with the stock IRS Suspension before, what am gonna do for sure Is upgrade to better rear springs and rear shocks.> that should help a little bit my 60 foot times. Couple weeks go I grabbed an 1.6 60 foot with the same suspension I have now> Is all about getting the car to hook better I think. scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CrusherCobra track videos!   CrusherCobra track videos! I_icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2010, 12:02 pm

03eatoncobra wrote:
TheCrusherCobra wrote:
03eatoncobra wrote:
TheCrusherCobra wrote:

get upr upper and lower control arms, strange adjustable shocks and regular GT springs. depending on how hard youre going to launch you may also need a antiroll bar.

How can I stop that wheel-hop from happening>? I also have some 1"1/2 wheels spacers on the rear> could that be causing the wheel-hop more than normal>?
Back to top Go down
SlowSilverGTR
STREET KING
STREET KING
SlowSilverGTR

PostSubject: Re: CrusherCobra track videos!   CrusherCobra track videos! I_icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2010, 12:11 pm

Spacers on the rear wheels is a big big big NO NO!
Back to top Go down
XSPSI
XSPSI

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2009-11-19

PostSubject: Re: CrusherCobra track videos!   CrusherCobra track videos! I_icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2010, 12:16 pm

Get the rear shocks and also get some front struts. When you go to the track take off your front sway bar, that will also help alot on your 60's, makes a big difference. Like stated before, get rid of the spacers for the track, let me know if you need any help.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CrusherCobra track videos!   CrusherCobra track videos! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CrusherCobra track videos!
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next