SOUTHERN KNIGHTS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CrusherCobra track videos!

Go down 
+17
victory2k8z
03terminator
CRUSH
Steedafied
92coupe
pingaloca25
XSPSI
Phantom SRT4
2003styellowsrt
LthlGT500
BlackMambaLS3
03eatoncobra
schadenfreude
nxeclipse
R35 GTR
TonyTurbo
SlowSilverGTR
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
LthlGT500
STREET KING
STREET KING

Number of posts : 1236
Registration date : 2009-01-30

CrusherCobra track videos! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CrusherCobra track videos!   CrusherCobra track videos! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2010, 2:58 pm

Ryan's Cobra had 3.27 gears, remember Frank gearing all depends on how fast your car is going to get and whether your able to hook it once you add more gear to it....if your only managing to trap mid 120s then maybe a shorter gear is necessary, the rule of thumb for the track is you want to finish at the top of a gear very close to redline and for most people they like finishing at the top of 4th gear. But likewise your change in gear is not only going to affect you on the track but on the street. I think since your tire is so tall and your capable of revving out to 7grand perhaps the change in gear to a 3.73 is better...
Back to top Go down
LthlGT500
STREET KING
STREET KING

Number of posts : 1236

PostSubject: Re: CrusherCobra track videos!   CrusherCobra track videos! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2010, 2:59 pm

When you start getting more mph and dipping into the high 130s then maybe a change back to 3.55 would be better
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CrusherCobra track videos!   CrusherCobra track videos! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2010, 3:12 pm

LthlGT500 wrote:
Ryan's Cobra had 3.27 gears, remember Frank gearing all depends on how fast your car is going to get and whether your able to hook it once you add more gear to it....if your only managing to trap mid 120s then maybe a shorter gear is necessary, the rule of thumb for the track is you want to finish at the top of a gear very close to redline and for most people they like finishing at the top of 4th gear. But likewise your change in gear is not only going to affect you on the track but on the street. I think since your tire is so tall and your capable of revving out to 7grand perhaps the change in gear to a 3.73 is better...

Yea felix thats what I figured, I just called maury's and they have the 3.73s Instock for $138.00 my price. I also ordered one of these from reichard racing on Thursday but It Is a 3.5 not a 3.0

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CrusherCobra track videos!   CrusherCobra track videos! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2010, 3:20 pm

LthlGT500 wrote:
what size pulley were you running before

a 3.5 from whipple with no grooves. thats why you hear the squeaking noise belt everytime I let off the gas, hopefully now with the new reichard racing pulley I'll have no more slippage
Back to top Go down
schadenfreude
Professional Street Racer
schadenfreude

Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2010-04-20

PostSubject: Re: CrusherCobra track videos!   CrusherCobra track videos! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2010, 5:45 pm

you also need suspension mods
Back to top Go down
03terminator
STREET KING
STREET KING
03terminator

Number of posts : 1043
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: CrusherCobra track videos!   CrusherCobra track videos! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2010, 8:03 pm

TheCrusherCobra wrote:
LthlGT500 wrote:

a 3.5 from whipple with no grooves. thats why you hear the squeaking noise belt everytime I let off the gas, hopefully now with the new reichard racing pulley I'll have no more slippage
squeaking not necessarily means a slipping belt, it could be an idler bearing, misaligned pulley etc... and frank i think those tires you have are 28" tall tires not 26" like you said, if you are keeping them go with some 3.73's or just step down to a 26" tire
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CrusherCobra track videos!   CrusherCobra track videos! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2010, 8:10 pm

03terminator wrote:
TheCrusherCobra wrote:
LthlGT500 wrote:

squeaking not necessarily means a slipping belt, it could be an idler bearing, misaligned pulley etc...

Are you getting your car fixed or what>? I received the input-shaft and the disc this morning. I got everything put inplace and installing the tranny back on tomorrow morning. cheers I'll be racing zack this coming saturday night. then I'll be going to the track wendsday next week.

did you get to find out If the 2jz clutch will fit?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CrusherCobra track videos!   CrusherCobra track videos! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2010, 8:23 pm

They are 26"tall not 28"s Lets see what happens next week at the track with the new Input Shaft,clutch and new pulley. ama lower the RPMS back down to shift at 6,500rpms when I hit 3rd gear I'll spray It all the way down to the mid of 4th gear. affraid I'll lunch that biatche at 5k next time If It hooks.
Back to top Go down
schadenfreude
schadenfreude

PostSubject: Re: CrusherCobra track videos!   CrusherCobra track videos! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2010, 8:33 pm

you need to upgrade your suspension!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CrusherCobra track videos!   CrusherCobra track videos! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2010, 9:42 pm

schadenfreude wrote:
you need to upgrade your suspension!

I know" I already ordered some strange adjustable struts too. $500 dollars worth of struts affraid I hope these mothafuckars make a difference.
Back to top Go down
03terminator
STREET KING
STREET KING
03terminator

Number of posts : 1043
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: CrusherCobra track videos!   CrusherCobra track videos! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2010, 10:14 pm

TheCrusherCobra wrote:
03terminator wrote:
TheCrusherCobra wrote:
LthlGT500 wrote:

squeaking not necessarily means a slipping belt, it could be an idler bearing, misaligned pulley etc...

Are you getting your car fixed or what>? I received the input-shaft and the disc this morning. I got everything put inplace and installing the tranny back on tomorrow morning. cheers I'll be racing zack this coming saturday night. then I'll be going to the track wendsday next week.

getting it fix'd but not as fast as you (i'm not a baller like you) how much are you paying laborwise? lmk and hook it up, nah its different
Back to top Go down
pingaloca25
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
pingaloca25

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2010-09-05

PostSubject: Re: CrusherCobra track videos!   CrusherCobra track videos! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeNovember 2nd 2010, 12:43 am

next do lower control arms meng!
Back to top Go down
victory2k8z
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
victory2k8z

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2009-11-23

PostSubject: Re: CrusherCobra track videos!   CrusherCobra track videos! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeNovember 2nd 2010, 1:27 am

pingaloca25 wrote:

Uppers, Lowers and a panhard... call it a day
Back to top Go down
schadenfreude
schadenfreude

PostSubject: Re: CrusherCobra track videos!   CrusherCobra track videos! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeNovember 2nd 2010, 1:40 am

QA1 has some nice adjustable stuff that is reasonably priced.
Back to top Go down
CRUSH
Admin
Admin
CRUSH

Number of posts : 3512

PostSubject: Re: CrusherCobra track videos!   CrusherCobra track videos! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeNovember 2nd 2010, 7:41 am

TheCrusherCobra wrote:
Z51JOEL wrote:
To be honest the problem is that 4.6 motor TO SMALL

TO SMALL MADE 700whp on 17psi and 8:5.1 compression

lol!
BUT ITS NOT GOING ANYWHERE lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CrusherCobra track videos!   CrusherCobra track videos! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeNovember 2nd 2010, 8:06 am

03terminator wrote:
TheCrusherCobra wrote:
03terminator wrote:
TheCrusherCobra wrote:
LthlGT500 wrote:

getting it fix'd but not as fast as you (i'm not a baller like you) how much are you paying laborwise? lmk and hook it up, nah its different

$100 taking It down and $100 putting It back on> Me and my mechanic doing the work. you'll pay $225 down and $225 back on since you have to leave the car for a day In the shop +your not doing any of the work as well. Thats fucking cheap, and thats including the input shaft and new clutch installation as well.

let me know biatche.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CrusherCobra track videos!   CrusherCobra track videos! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeNovember 2nd 2010, 8:23 am

If you want to save money you have to take the tranny down yourself, Bring us the tranny and we'll Install the Input shaft for you for $150 bucks, Dont try to do It yourself If you dont know how to do It, you have to move some of the gears back a little bit In order to remove the damaged input shaft of the tranny, It wont come out If you dont move the gears back, otherwise you will damage the tranny trying to get It out, If you dont know how to do It>> for $150 bucks you'll be In your way.

let me know Termi.
Back to top Go down
SlowSilverGTR
STREET KING
STREET KING
SlowSilverGTR

Number of posts : 1478
Registration date : 2010-05-18

PostSubject: Re: CrusherCobra track videos!   CrusherCobra track videos! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeNovember 2nd 2010, 9:32 am

victory2k8z wrote:
pingaloca25 wrote:

Panhard? scratch
Back to top Go down
LTHLSVT
LTHLSVT

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2010-06-16

PostSubject: Re: CrusherCobra track videos!   CrusherCobra track videos! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeNovember 2nd 2010, 12:35 pm

holy shit!!!!!! papichulo!!!!!
Back to top Go down
LTHLSVT
LTHLSVT

PostSubject: Re: CrusherCobra track videos!   CrusherCobra track videos! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeNovember 2nd 2010, 12:41 pm

LthlGT500 wrote:
that guy is pretty cocky saying he would run a 10.4-10.6 and only managing a 1.9 60 foot

i know what i can do... i did a shitty burnout and i didnt wanna twist his input shaft launching it instead i ripped 4th gear and the shaft still twisted
Back to top Go down
boostinvertgtr
boostinvertgtr

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2010-09-20

PostSubject: Re: CrusherCobra track videos!   CrusherCobra track videos! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeNovember 2nd 2010, 2:21 pm

LTHLSVT wrote:
LthlGT500 wrote:
that guy is pretty cocky saying he would run a 10.4-10.6 and only managing a 1.9 60 foot

i know what i can do... i did a shitty burnout and i didnt wanna twist his input shaft launching it instead i ripped 4th gear and the shaft still twisted

you cocky!
Back to top Go down
LTHLSVT
LTHLSVT

PostSubject: Re: CrusherCobra track videos!   CrusherCobra track videos! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeNovember 2nd 2010, 2:31 pm

boostinvertgtr wrote:
LTHLSVT wrote:
LthlGT500 wrote:

you cocky!

<3
Back to top Go down
pingaloca25
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
pingaloca25

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2010-09-05

PostSubject: Re: CrusherCobra track videos!   CrusherCobra track videos! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeNovember 2nd 2010, 4:04 pm

SlowSilverGTR wrote:
victory2k8z wrote:
pingaloca25 wrote:

Panhard? scratch

i dont think the New edge models have them?

but for the s197's a panhard bar aligns the rear end
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
SlowSilverGTR
STREET KING
STREET KING
SlowSilverGTR

Number of posts : 1478
Registration date : 2010-05-18

PostSubject: Re: CrusherCobra track videos!   CrusherCobra track videos! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeNovember 2nd 2010, 4:34 pm

pingaloca25 wrote:
SlowSilverGTR wrote:
victory2k8z wrote:
pingaloca25 wrote:

Panhard? scratch

i dont think the New edge models have them?

but for the s197's a panhard bar aligns the rear end
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Yeah I know what it is and does, but it's not applicable to IRS cars.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CrusherCobra track videos!   CrusherCobra track videos! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeNovember 2nd 2010, 8:05 pm

Crusher Is up and running. I'll be at the track next week wendsday night to retry that mid 10sec pass.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CrusherCobra track videos!   CrusherCobra track videos! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CrusherCobra track videos!
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next