SOUTHERN KNIGHTS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CrusherCobra track videos!

Go down 
+17
victory2k8z
03terminator
CRUSH
Steedafied
92coupe
pingaloca25
XSPSI
Phantom SRT4
2003styellowsrt
LthlGT500
BlackMambaLS3
03eatoncobra
schadenfreude
nxeclipse
R35 GTR
TonyTurbo
SlowSilverGTR
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

CrusherCobra track videos! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CrusherCobra track videos!   CrusherCobra track videos! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2010, 12:25 pm

cool" I'll remove the from sway bar and the rear spacers as well. what difference do the front struts make by swapping them>? do they need to be softer or harder>?
Back to top Go down
XSPSI
Professional Street Racer
XSPSI

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2009-11-19

PostSubject: Re: CrusherCobra track videos!   CrusherCobra track videos! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2010, 12:28 pm

Get the Strange struts for the front, they are 10 position adjustable and will help you dial in your 60 foot times and then you can firm them up for street driving.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CrusherCobra track videos!   CrusherCobra track videos! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2010, 12:35 pm

XSPSI wrote:
Get the Strange struts for the front, they are 10 position adjustable and will help you dial in your 60 foot times and then you can firm them up for street driving.

Thanks for the help I'll definitely get the struts and shocks for the car this week.

Is that your car on your avatar>? looks sick> what kind of tires and size do you have installed In the rear>? and are you willing to sell them to me? and for how much?
Back to top Go down
XSPSI
XSPSI

PostSubject: Re: CrusherCobra track videos!   CrusherCobra track videos! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2010, 12:40 pm

315 M/T Drag radials on a 15 by 12" wide rim, they wont fit your car. You can buy a srt of 10" wide rims with a 6" offset and put 325-50-15's.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CrusherCobra track videos!   CrusherCobra track videos! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2010, 12:57 pm

XSPSI wrote:
315 M/T Drag radials on a 15 by 12" wide rim, they wont fit your car. You can buy a srt of 10" wide rims with a 6" offset and put 325-50-15's.

Oh!!! I see, I have also the 315 M/T drags as well!! but they are 315-45-16 on CCW's

I just checked on the struts rear and front> they are $119.00 dollars each strange for the front>> and the KYB 2 AGX are $89. each for the rear. Is that right>?
Back to top Go down
XSPSI
XSPSI

PostSubject: Re: CrusherCobra track videos!   CrusherCobra track videos! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2010, 1:04 pm

For the rear strange also makes a set of adj. My rears are 315-60-15's, the biggest DR's they have. You should be ok with those tires, just need to work on the suspension.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CrusherCobra track videos!   CrusherCobra track videos! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2010, 1:08 pm

XSPSI wrote:
For the rear strange also makes a set of adj. My rears are 315-60-15's, the biggest DR's they have. You should be ok with those tires, just need to work on the suspension.

Damn!!! You should bring your car to the track so you can show some people what a little ford on low boost can do to some Imports>>LMAO. Whats the HP range on your car If you could tell? Damn Honda's Running high nines at 155MPH that dont sound right lol, I'll keep my Ford.
Back to top Go down
XSPSI
XSPSI

PostSubject: Re: CrusherCobra track videos!   CrusherCobra track videos! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2010, 1:18 pm

LOL, they told me the same thing about you. I'm just dialing in the car right now, just went to the track like 2 weeks ago for the first time.
Back to top Go down
03eatoncobra
03eatoncobra

Number of posts : 376
Registration date : 2009-07-30

PostSubject: Re: CrusherCobra track videos!   CrusherCobra track videos! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2010, 1:43 pm

XSPSI wrote:
damn man, thats a huge tire Shocked, im using ET drags 28x10.5W and its biGG.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CrusherCobra track videos!   CrusherCobra track videos! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2010, 1:56 pm

03eatoncobra wrote:
XSPSI wrote:

Hey when are you going to the 1/4 run? I might be able to make It this coming wends day night> If not the next one after.
Back to top Go down
03eatoncobra
03eatoncobra

PostSubject: Re: CrusherCobra track videos!   CrusherCobra track videos! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2010, 3:09 pm

TheCrusherCobra wrote:
03eatoncobra wrote:
XSPSI wrote:

Hey when are you going to the 1/4 run? I might be able to make It this coming wends day night> If not the next one after.
crusher, this week ill be at the SEMA show in las vegas so i cant, im still waiting for the interceptor gauge because i had no RPM gauge when i went to the track last time. I also need to put the anti roll and swap the factory front brakes for the strange brake kit. its gonna be at least 2 weeks Sad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CrusherCobra track videos!   CrusherCobra track videos! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2010, 3:19 pm

03eatoncobra wrote:
TheCrusherCobra wrote:
03eatoncobra wrote:
XSPSI wrote:

crusher, this week ill be at the SEMA show in las vegas so i cant, im still waiting for the interceptor gauge because i had no RPM gauge when i went to the track last time. I also need to put the anti roll and swap the factory front brakes for the strange brake kit. its gonna be at least 2 weeks Sad.

K no prom!!! Question!! What do you think If I swap the 3.55s for some 3.73s? what advantages would I get out of It>? More acceleration and faster torq transfer to the wheels/ Is that right? lol- Am thinking In doing that mod too as well tomorrow. popcorn
Back to top Go down
03eatoncobra
03eatoncobra

PostSubject: Re: CrusherCobra track videos!   CrusherCobra track videos! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2010, 6:08 pm

TheCrusherCobra wrote:
03eatoncobra wrote:
TheCrusherCobra wrote:
03eatoncobra wrote:
XSPSI wrote:

K no prom!!! Question!! What do you think If I swap the 3.55s for some 3.73s? what advantages would I get out of It>? More acceleration and faster torq transfer to the wheels/ Is that right? lol- Am thinking In doing that mod too as well tomorrow. popcorn

i dont know much about gears, in my experience i have heard different stories, the fact is that ive seen people run hard on cobras with 4.10s and seen people run hard also with 3.27s... maybe slowwhiteshelby knows better. IMO 3.55s are perfect, maybe go up to 3.73 but never do 4.10s that will have you shifting every second since you have the 6speed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CrusherCobra track videos!   CrusherCobra track videos! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2010, 12:02 pm

Damn!!! Shocked

Back to top Go down
pingaloca25
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
pingaloca25

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2010-09-05

PostSubject: Re: CrusherCobra track videos!   CrusherCobra track videos! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2010, 12:48 pm

do the gears!!!
Back to top Go down
Steedafied
Steedafied

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2009-05-07

PostSubject: Re: CrusherCobra track videos!   CrusherCobra track videos! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2010, 1:03 pm

IMO, with the power you're making Frank, the 3.55s are optimal. Not too much, not too little. Going with more gear than that will not only kill your top end but make it alot harder for you to hook at the track. I personally have 3.73s and am looking to trade for some 3.55s or 3.27s.
Back to top Go down
CRUSH
Admin
Admin
CRUSH

Number of posts : 3512
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: CrusherCobra track videos!   CrusherCobra track videos! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2010, 1:24 pm

Steedafied wrote:
IMO, with the power you're making Frank, the 3.55s are optimal. Not too much, not too little. Going with more gear than that will not only kill your top end but make it alot harder for you to hook at the track. I personally have 3.73s and am looking to trade for some 3.55s or 3.27s.
+1

Last edited by Z51JOEL on November 1st 2010, 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CrusherCobra track videos!   CrusherCobra track videos! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2010, 1:24 pm

Steedafied wrote:

I was thinking In getting the gears cuz how long Is my first gear>> am crossing the 1/4 mile in 3rd gear at 125MPH due to my slow shifting too >lol. my 4Th gear goes to 158MPH now that I raised the rpms on the tune. but anyways I was just trying to get some feedback on the gears, I was reading allover the Internet and most of the people with cobras and GT500s go with the 3.73s thats why I wanted to swap them.

Last edited by TheCrusherCobra on November 1st 2010, 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CRUSH
Admin
Admin
CRUSH

Number of posts : 3512
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: CrusherCobra track videos!   CrusherCobra track videos! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2010, 1:27 pm

To be honest the problem is that 4.6 motor TO SMALL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CrusherCobra track videos!   CrusherCobra track videos! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2010, 1:37 pm

Z51JOEL wrote:
To be honest the problem is that 4.6 motor TO SMALL

TO SMALL MADE 700whp on 17psi and 8:5.1 compression

lol!
Back to top Go down
SlowSilverGTR
STREET KING
STREET KING
SlowSilverGTR

Number of posts : 1478
Registration date : 2010-05-18

PostSubject: Re: CrusherCobra track videos!   CrusherCobra track videos! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2010, 1:54 pm

The car needs 3.73s!
Back to top Go down
03eatoncobra
03eatoncobra

PostSubject: Re: CrusherCobra track videos!   CrusherCobra track videos! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2010, 2:19 pm

SlowSilverGTR wrote:
The car needs 3.73s!
3.73s at the track will be good, but at the street 3.73s might be a little too agreesive, i would try 3.27s, i remember the ported blower, nitrous silver cobra running 10.5s @ 139 on 3.27s with a 1.7 sixty foot.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CrusherCobra track videos!   CrusherCobra track videos! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2010, 2:32 pm

Can anyone belive this shit? Shocked this car has atleast 410's gears> to short shifts
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CrusherCobra track videos!   CrusherCobra track videos! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2010, 2:33 pm

03eatoncobra wrote:
SlowSilverGTR wrote:
The car needs 3.73s!
3.73s at the track will be good, but at the street 3.73s might be a little too agreesive, i would try 3.27s, i remember the ported blower, nitrous silver cobra running 10.5s @ 139 on 3.27s with a 1.7 sixty foot.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

lol Is the other way around> he had 410's
Back to top Go down
SlowSilverGTR
STREET KING
STREET KING
SlowSilverGTR

Number of posts : 1478
Registration date : 2010-05-18

PostSubject: Re: CrusherCobra track videos!   CrusherCobra track videos! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2010, 2:37 pm

For his favorite race "40-140" and for the track 3.73s are perfect!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CrusherCobra track videos!   CrusherCobra track videos! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CrusherCobra track videos!
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next