SOUTHERN KNIGHTS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

frank make sure this doesnt happen to you

Go down 
+18
SlowTruck
305Taco
s.e.a.n
03eatoncobra
SlowSilverGTR
quikenuf
SILVERBEAST
04_Red_gt
V6Chris
gatoasao
Phantom SRT4
CRUSH
R35 GTR
LthlGT500
Jspec Mk4
NoPis10
asap1320
osdper0911
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
osdper0911
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2010-05-10

frank make sure this doesnt happen to you  Empty
PostSubject: frank make sure this doesnt happen to you    frank make sure this doesnt happen to you  I_icon_minitimeNovember 20th 2010, 9:50 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
asap1320
Professional Street Racer
asap1320

Number of posts : 544
Registration date : 2010-03-20

PostSubject: Re: frank make sure this doesnt happen to you    frank make sure this doesnt happen to you  I_icon_minitimeNovember 20th 2010, 11:07 am

would love to hear the story behind that
if it was tuneing related or too much power for stock motor, def had a lot of boltons and sounded healthy
Back to top Go down
http://asaperformanceparts.com
NoPis10
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
NoPis10

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2010-01-16

PostSubject: Re: frank make sure this doesnt happen to you    frank make sure this doesnt happen to you  I_icon_minitimeNovember 20th 2010, 11:20 am

I think the fat guy sitting in the trunk caused a weight bias that blew the motor..

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: frank make sure this doesnt happen to you    frank make sure this doesnt happen to you  I_icon_minitimeNovember 20th 2010, 2:31 pm

That was detonation due to cheap 93 Octane gas In the tank or way to much boost with high timing. I will get my car tuned timing progressively at 19 degrees with 3 tunes E85, 110 and c16. maybe 20 to 21psi no more than that till I built the bottom end. Wink
Back to top Go down
Jspec Mk4
STREET KING
STREET KING
Jspec Mk4

Number of posts : 1588
Registration date : 2009-07-08

PostSubject: Re: frank make sure this doesnt happen to you    frank make sure this doesnt happen to you  I_icon_minitimeNovember 20th 2010, 2:33 pm

^ just stick to 1 gas u dont need all 3 lol
Back to top Go down
LthlGT500
STREET KING
STREET KING

Number of posts : 1236
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: frank make sure this doesnt happen to you    frank make sure this doesnt happen to you  I_icon_minitimeNovember 20th 2010, 2:46 pm

Nitrous + ported eaton + E85 + C4 + 325/50/15 Mickey Thompsons = A very lethal combination on the track and street,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: frank make sure this doesnt happen to you    frank make sure this doesnt happen to you  I_icon_minitimeNovember 20th 2010, 2:54 pm

gsr interga wrote:
^ just stick to 1 gas u dont need all 3 lol

The reason Am getting the three tunes with different fuels; Is cuz there Is not to many E85 gas stations around here where I live, not only that; If I ever wanna use c16 and want to add more boost In the future the tune will be there already for use, the 110 tune will be just In case I ever need It. AM being smart about the tunes, SO I dont have to pay again for retuning the car with different Fuels. scratch people with Not matured enough brains can't figure out things like that' If you know what I mean Anthony. lol It Is not a Honda and Its not made by Japaneses; Is a Shelby GT500 Made By Ford. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: frank make sure this doesnt happen to you    frank make sure this doesnt happen to you  I_icon_minitimeNovember 20th 2010, 3:41 pm

LthlGT500 wrote:
3.4L whipple stage3 + E85 + C4 + 325/50/15 Mickey Thompsons = A very lethal combination on the track and street,

Felix I fixed Your post, lol No disrespect. I think the car will be alot faster If I get the bigger blower. Its going to be more consistent in power and every time I race on the streets or at the track, + I dont have to worry about the nitrous pressure going low and losing power every two to three runs. also nor I have to spend the money on refilling the bottle every week..

There Is about 48 weeks In the year or so / 48 weeks X $29.00 dollars = $1,392 Dollars If I fill the bottle every week 'thats bad news' If I race with two bottles as well will be even more money to add to the bill 1,392 X 2 = $2,784 dollars yearly. thats a no no No A one time payment of $4,500 Dollars for the whipple 3.4L stage3 kit and my car will be all day long making 750+rwhp on 21psi of boost only. affraid Just saying.

Back to top Go down
R35 GTR
R35 GTR

Number of posts : 554
Registration date : 2010-04-09

PostSubject: Re: frank make sure this doesnt happen to you    frank make sure this doesnt happen to you  I_icon_minitimeNovember 20th 2010, 3:49 pm

You got a car made by inferior manufacturer to the Japanese. When you make a 990HP and trap mid 140's while GTR's are trapping 163 with that amount of power Shocked unfortunately the GT500 is not to aerodynamic and weigh a lot and dont have a transmission thats the downfall but still is a sick car. Stay E85 and save youre self the hastle with the other gases and money.
Back to top Go down
CRUSH
Admin
Admin
CRUSH

Number of posts : 3512

PostSubject: Re: frank make sure this doesnt happen to you    frank make sure this doesnt happen to you  I_icon_minitimeNovember 20th 2010, 4:25 pm

affraid holy shit that sucks
Back to top Go down
Phantom SRT4
STREET KING
STREET KING
Phantom SRT4

Number of posts : 2395
Registration date : 2009-02-14

PostSubject: Re: frank make sure this doesnt happen to you    frank make sure this doesnt happen to you  I_icon_minitimeNovember 20th 2010, 5:21 pm

TheCrusherCobra wrote:
There Is about 48 weeks In the year or so / 48 weeks X $29.00 dollars = $1,392 Dollars If I fill the bottle every week 'thats bad news' If I race with two bottles as well will be even more money to add to the bill 1,392 X 2 = $2,784 dollars yearly. thats a no no No A one time payment of $4,500 Dollars for the whipple 3.4L stage3 kit and my car will be all day long making 750+rwhp on 21psi of boost only. affraid Just saying.

52... I believe that is taught in Kindergarten.
Back to top Go down
gatoasao
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
gatoasao

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2010-09-25

PostSubject: Re: frank make sure this doesnt happen to you    frank make sure this doesnt happen to you  I_icon_minitimeNovember 20th 2010, 6:45 pm

People just don't learn. They keep bolting on whipple-54.23-ported-with-atomic-flow on top of a motor that is 220 degrees hot, then pass the air through two rotors that are glowing red hot, attempt to cool it with a "heater" exchanger smaller than an AC evaporator which is sandwiched between a 200+ degree motor and a 300 degree supercharger...ramp it up to 20+ psi and then wonder ..."why did it blow up?" ahhh..let's just blame the engine builder lol!
Back to top Go down
V6Chris
STREET LEGEND
STREET LEGEND
V6Chris

Number of posts : 5188

PostSubject: Re: frank make sure this doesnt happen to you    frank make sure this doesnt happen to you  I_icon_minitimeNovember 20th 2010, 6:48 pm

lmao theres so much failure in this thread already.
I dont even think that was detnation that caused that.
lmao 3 fuel tunes lmao! what is this theory number #100? that will fail
750whp...after sitting cooling for and hour.
650whp after driving to the race spot
plus the fail of such a big blower

CANT WAIT FRANK!
Back to top Go down
http://www.crtperformance.webs.com

PostSubject: Re: frank make sure this doesnt happen to you    frank make sure this doesnt happen to you  I_icon_minitimeNovember 20th 2010, 10:28 pm

V6Chris wrote:
lmao theres so much failure in this thread already.
I dont even think that was detnation that caused that.
lmao 3 fuel tunes lmao! what is this theory number #100? that will fail
750whp...after sitting cooling for and hour.
650whp after driving to the race spot
plus the fail of such a big blower

CANT WAIT FRANK!

nutswing Jerkit bukkae
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: frank make sure this doesnt happen to you    frank make sure this doesnt happen to you  I_icon_minitimeNovember 20th 2010, 10:59 pm

gatoasao wrote:
People just don't learn. They keep bolting on whipple-54.23-ported-with-atomic-flow on top of a motor that is 220 degrees hot, then pass the air through two rotors that are glowing red hot, attempt to cool it with a "heater" exchanger smaller than an AC evaporator which is sandwiched between a 200+ degree motor and a 300 degree supercharger...ramp it up to 20+ psi and then wonder ..."why did it blow up?" ahhh..let's just blame the engine builder lol!

here is your answer for your opinion In Regards to using big blowers causing high temperatures.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
LthlGT500
STREET KING
STREET KING

PostSubject: Re: frank make sure this doesnt happen to you    frank make sure this doesnt happen to you  I_icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2010, 12:49 am

a bigger supercharger is gonna rob more power from the motor, remember a supercharger is belt driven, Nitrous has nice cooling effect that will cool the stock eaton perfectly, I think several people will agree with me that Nitrous + ported eaton will run stronger then a 3.4 Whipple
Back to top Go down
04_Red_gt
Amateur Racer
Amateur Racer
04_Red_gt

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2010-07-15

PostSubject: Re: frank make sure this doesnt happen to you    frank make sure this doesnt happen to you  I_icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2010, 10:17 am

I agree 100% with Lthlgt500 ported blower 175 shot c4 solid axel and 28/10.5 Mickey Thomson and you frank hits the low 10 maybe 9.60
In

Back to top Go down
SILVERBEAST
STREET KING
STREET KING
SILVERBEAST

Number of posts : 2451

PostSubject: Re: frank make sure this doesnt happen to you    frank make sure this doesnt happen to you  I_icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2010, 11:02 am

TheCrusherCobra wrote:
If the Whipple is what you believe in, then thats what you need to go with... However, you and I both know if you don't get this GT500 to run to your liking, it to will be up for sale in about 6 months or so just like your many other projects that didn't run right, no disrespect intended, im ONLY stating the facts... The TTG35, TTC5vette, Kenny Bell C5Z06, C6Z06, Supra, Supercharged BMW M3, just to name a few...

So Nitrous weekly fill=$30 x 4 weeks in a month=$120 x 6months= $720> all day over a Whipple 3.4L Stage3 kit "of a 1 time payment of $4,500"(with Whipple producing less torq then the Nitrous setup)... So any way you look at it Frank, a Nitrous setup will NOT only be cheaper, but it will also run alot harder than the Whipple setup, especially on the streets!...

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: frank make sure this doesnt happen to you    frank make sure this doesnt happen to you  I_icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2010, 11:23 am

SILVERBEAST wrote:
TheCrusherCobra wrote:
If the Whipple is what you believe in, then thats what you need to go with... However, you and I both know if you don't get this GT500 to run to your liking, it to will be up for sale in about 6 months or so just like your many other projects that didn't run right, no disrespect intended, im ONLY stating the facts... The TTG35, TTC5vette, Kenny Bell C5Z06, C6Z06, Supra, Supercharged BMW M3, just to name a few...

So Nitrous weekly fill=$30 x 4 weeks in a month=$120 x 6months= $720> all day over a Whipple 3.4L Stage3 kit "of a 1 time payment of $4,500"(with Whipple producing less torq then the Nitrous setup)... So any way you look at it Frank, a Nitrous setup will NOT only be cheaper, but it will also run alot harder than the Whipple setup, especially on the streets!...

Considering your opinion Felix and steve!! I was doing some underground research this morning, and came to find It possible that I can make same power with nitrous and stock blower vs the whipple 3.4L boost only; Felix and you are right about the stock blower and nitrous setup***** What am Going to do Is' to oder the smallest upper and biggest lower pulley you can buy on the market for stock blower, then add the 150shot, tune It and I'll be ready to hit the road and whoop some ass.

I already have the cold air intake kit, Zex nitrous kit, borla longtubes headers, borla 3" catch back exhaust with high flow cats with the X pipe. I need a bigger heat exchanger and met-co pulley tensioner kit. I'll be doing some suspension work as well, like lower drag springs with drag adjustable shocks, tuning wise E85,c16 and pump gas, just to have all tunes available for me.

The car should be ready in about two weeks from now since am going with the stock blower setup. Lets give It a try and see what happens Very Happy

Last edited by TheCrusherCobra on November 21st 2010, 11:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
quikenuf
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2010-11-01

PostSubject: Re: frank make sure this doesnt happen to you    frank make sure this doesnt happen to you  I_icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2010, 11:28 am

Just to let you know the shelby that beat you was 93 pump gas.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: frank make sure this doesnt happen to you    frank make sure this doesnt happen to you  I_icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2010, 11:37 am

quikenuf wrote:
Just to let you know the shelby that beat you was 93 pump gas.

When I get my car out In the streets, It will be all out with E85 or c16 maybe 110. I am not going to be cheap on the fuel and risk blowing my engine up, even tho the power-train is all under warranty I wont still take the risk. Wink my GT500 will be faster than yours by way far If you guys dont add the other bolt ons your car as well!!! Am going to purchase every bolt-on available in the market for my car. so bring It on buddy. affraid

I'll be In the cobra wendsday night if you want to bring that GT500 back again for a rematch 55 to 155. later.

Last edited by TheCrusherCobra on November 21st 2010, 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gatoasao
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
gatoasao

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2010-09-25

PostSubject: Re: frank make sure this doesnt happen to you    frank make sure this doesnt happen to you  I_icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2010, 11:38 am

TheCrusherCobra wrote:
here is your answer for your opinion In Regards to using big blowers causing high temperatures.

Good luck to you :)

Remember a big presicion intercooler is rated at about 800hp efficiently. And it's actually TWICE the size as that "heater" exchanger with those two little discount autoparts fans.
Back to top Go down
LthlGT500
STREET KING
STREET KING

PostSubject: Re: frank make sure this doesnt happen to you    frank make sure this doesnt happen to you  I_icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2010, 11:38 am

JLT intake
American Racing Headers-no cats
Posi Ported Blower with the 2.5 pulley when you get it ported if not then go with the 2.6 Pulley
Magnaflow catback
a 3 inch no cat x-pipe
get the nitrous kit setup right

At the end of the day, if you really don't like the nitrous setup you can always buy the whipple, yet if you had bought the whipple from the getgo then you'd be stuck with it. This is the cheaper way to go.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: frank make sure this doesnt happen to you    frank make sure this doesnt happen to you  I_icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2010, 11:52 am

LthlGT500 wrote:
JLT intake
American Racing Headers-no cats
Posi Ported Blower with the 2.5 pulley when you get it ported if not then go with the 2.6 Pulley
Magnaflow catback
a 3 inch no cat x-pipe
get the nitrous kit setup right

At the end of the day, if you really don't like the nitrous setup you can always buy the whipple, yet if you had bought the whipple from the getgo then you'd be stuck with it. This is the cheaper way to go.

Felix, I already have on the car the Ford racing Cold air intake kit With the acufab big throttle body, borla longtubes headers, borla 3" catch back exhaust with the X Pipe and borla mufflers tips

All I need Is, the porting of the blower, the 2.5 pulley with the bigger lower and the nitrous kit installed with the progressive nitrous box. Also the stage5 spec clutch. affraid

And no I have not purchase the 3.4L yet I was going to order It tomorrow, I had already gotten a quote for the stage3 3.4L kit from LFP friday afternoon. Fuck It I'll try the stock blower nitrous setup.

75shot 664 and 778 troq ? scratch something is not right here.

Back to top Go down
NoPis10
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
NoPis10

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2010-01-16

PostSubject: Re: frank make sure this doesnt happen to you    frank make sure this doesnt happen to you  I_icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2010, 12:20 pm

Frank,
It's NOT about buying ALL the bolt on's they sell and all of a sudden your car is running 9's...
You have to do research and see which bolt on's work best with each other. Also, tuning and suspension is a BIG key to success. Having 800HP does nothing if you can't get it to the ground. You have to think about gearing, power to weight ratio and tires etc..etc..

Here's an example... My buddy's FD only makes 400HP to the wheels but he runs low 11's in the 1/4. Full interior and all...Not alot of power but his traction and gearing are helping him get good times...

Good Luck with Crusher part II

L8R
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: frank make sure this doesnt happen to you    frank make sure this doesnt happen to you  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

frank make sure this doesnt happen to you
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next