SOUTHERN KNIGHTS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

frank make sure this doesnt happen to you

Go down 
+18
SlowTruck
305Taco
s.e.a.n
03eatoncobra
SlowSilverGTR
quikenuf
SILVERBEAST
04_Red_gt
V6Chris
gatoasao
Phantom SRT4
CRUSH
R35 GTR
LthlGT500
Jspec Mk4
NoPis10
asap1320
osdper0911
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
SILVERBEAST
STREET KING
STREET KING
SILVERBEAST

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2009-01-30

frank make sure this doesnt happen to you  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: frank make sure this doesnt happen to you    frank make sure this doesnt happen to you  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2010, 12:45 pm

TheCrusherCobra wrote:

When I get my car out In the streets, It will be all out with E85 or c16 maybe 110. I am not going to be cheap on the fuel and risk blowing my engine up, even tho the power-train is all under warranty I wont still take the risk. Wink my GT500 will be faster than yours by way far If you guys dont add the other bolt ons your car as well!!! Am going to purchase every bolt-on available in the market for my car. so bring It on buddy. affraid

I'll be In the cobra wendsday night if you want to bring that GT500 back again for a rematch 55 to 155. later.

There many factors in losing a race Frank, driver error, traction, and most importantly improper tune, so with you having more "bolt ons" then the red GT500 doesn't necessarily guarantee you the win...
Back to top Go down
V6Chris
STREET LEGEND
STREET LEGEND
V6Chris

Number of posts : 5188

PostSubject: Re: frank make sure this doesnt happen to you    frank make sure this doesnt happen to you  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2010, 1:04 pm

3 fucking fuels and none are pump. I've never seen a bigger idiot in my life
you complain about spending money on nitrous when C16 is fucking expensive as helll-moron step 1
110? why the fuck would you use 110 if you have the option to go E85 or C16. might as well go pump--moron step 2
if you're spending your ass on C16 why dont you use the real shit and see some real wonders on Q16 thats like $1 more per gallon then C16--moron step you've made your entire life.
Learn your research and planning clearly fucking sucks. Everytime you look something up and plan a car build, well it runs 11s with massive power.
Have you ever had a 10second car?
200shot vette that ran 11s!!!! at 136mph or less?!
700whp+ cobra ran 11s!!!! at 125mph
Your TT C5--lost to an almost stock Ls3
supra-did that ever win a race?
your s/c C5 then big shot that you lied about--fully built-fully slow

LISTEN TO ANYONE BUT YOURSELF, and your car might be fast.
DONT fucking waste your time getting those 3 tunes. E85 and pump. if you want the most power then Maybe Q16 but its not worth it unless you're trying to run a certain track time that E85 isnt doing for you which I doubt.

you're going to have 3 tunes with about -10/+10 hp difference between them all.
dont put the biggest whipple on your car.
Back to top Go down
http://www.crtperformance.webs.com
SlowSilverGTR
STREET KING
STREET KING
SlowSilverGTR

Number of posts : 1478
Registration date : 2010-05-18

PostSubject: Re: frank make sure this doesnt happen to you    frank make sure this doesnt happen to you  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2010, 1:19 pm

Ultimate setup is the Whipple 2.9L, 100shot, new AR 2" headers, 10% IW Lower pulley. 24lbs of boost on E85 with 2000cc injectors. I'd run 3.73's, full UPR front and rear suspension suspension components, BMR K-Member, and QA1's all the way around. Race stars makes some good cheap race wheels now. I run frontrunnes and 325/50/15 M/Ts in the back. I've tried almost every setup known on the Shelby, trust me I know what works. All this paired with a properly built automatic transmission would be good for high 8's or mid 9's with a stick and a good driver.

I'm with everyone else, 3 tunes is stupid and pointless. I'd have an E85 tune and a 93 tune in case your somewhere you can't get E85, that's it.
Back to top Go down
03eatoncobra
Professional Street Racer
03eatoncobra

Number of posts : 376
Registration date : 2009-07-30

PostSubject: Re: frank make sure this doesnt happen to you    frank make sure this doesnt happen to you  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2010, 1:29 pm

SlowSilverGTR wrote:
Ultimate setup is the Whipple 2.9L, 100shot, new AR 2" headers, 10% IW Lower pulley. 24lbs of boost on E85 with 2000cc injectors. I'd run 3.73's, full UPR front and rear suspension suspension components, BMR K-Member, and QA1's all the way around. Race stars makes some good cheap race wheels now. I run frontrunnes and 325/50/15 M/Ts in the back. I've tried almost every setup known on the Shelby, trust me I know what works. All this paired with a properly built automatic transmission would be good for high 8's or mid 9's with a stick and a good driver.

I'm with everyone else, 3 tunes is stupid and pointless. I'd have an E85 tune and a 93 tune in case your somewhere you can't get E85, that's it.
you dont know a thing about shelbys lol! lol!
only thing i dissagree is 3.73s, for the track is ok but for the street i would run like a 3.31.
Back to top Go down
SlowSilverGTR
STREET KING
STREET KING
SlowSilverGTR

PostSubject: Re: frank make sure this doesnt happen to you    frank make sure this doesnt happen to you  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2010, 1:36 pm

03eatoncobra wrote:
SlowSilverGTR wrote:

you dont know a thing about shelbys lol! lol!
only thing i dissagree is 3.73s, for the track is ok but for the street i would run like a 3.31.

If he want's to go 9's he's going to need the gears, if he just want's to use it for the street then yes it's better to keep the 3.31s! lol! LOL But like you said I don't know anything about Shelbys! cheers

I almost forgot, I go with the Lethal/Fore triple pump return style system. Going to need them to push the 2000cc injectors. With this setup the stock block will last a long long time!
Back to top Go down
s.e.a.n
STREET KING
STREET KING
s.e.a.n

Number of posts : 1202
Registration date : 2009-03-09

PostSubject: Re: frank make sure this doesnt happen to you    frank make sure this doesnt happen to you  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2010, 2:51 pm

I run e85 everyday and drive about 30 miles everyday. 3 tunes is just overkill. I'm sure Chris can steer you in the right direction his car ran 9s and run good on the streets.
Back to top Go down
305Taco
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
305Taco

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2010-07-06

PostSubject: Re: frank make sure this doesnt happen to you    frank make sure this doesnt happen to you  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2010, 4:34 pm

V6Chris wrote:
lmao theres so much failure in this thread already.
I dont even think that was detnation that caused that.
lmao 3 fuel tunes lmao! what is this theory number #100? that will fail
750whp...after sitting cooling for and hour.
650whp after driving to the race spot
plus the fail of such a big blower

CANT WAIT FRANK!

I agree. It looked like a fuel line or something may have ruptured in the engine bay. Yet from the rear viewing angle it definitely appeared as if coolant was coming out of the tail pipes. I'd be interested to hear what they found to be damaged and the assumed culprit.
Back to top Go down
SlowTruck
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: frank make sure this doesnt happen to you    frank make sure this doesnt happen to you  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2010, 5:18 pm

hey guys

i just put every bolt on made for my vehicle...that means I'm fast right?
Back to top Go down
LthlGT500
STREET KING
STREET KING

Number of posts : 1236

PostSubject: Re: frank make sure this doesnt happen to you    frank make sure this doesnt happen to you  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2010, 5:55 pm

TheCrusherCobra wrote:
75shot 664 and 778 troq ? scratch something is not right here.

it went high 9s at 141, with only 664 and 778 torque, and thats only on a 75shot, imagine a 125 or 150 shot....and on E85...that was most likely on pump gas and it had the stock supercharger, only with a grinded supercharger snout to fit the 2.5 pulley....on a 6speed
Back to top Go down
SlowSilverGTR
STREET KING
STREET KING
SlowSilverGTR

PostSubject: Re: frank make sure this doesnt happen to you    frank make sure this doesnt happen to you  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2010, 6:17 pm

LthlGT500 wrote:
TheCrusherCobra wrote:
75shot 664 and 778 troq ? scratch something is not right here.

it went high 9s at 141, with only 664 and 778 torque, and thats only on a 75shot, imagine a 125 or 150 shot....and on E85...that was most likely on pump gas and it had the stock supercharger, only with a grinded supercharger snout to fit the 2.5 pulley....on a 6speed

I don't believe anything Evolution performance says! What they don't tell you is they were running 4.56 gears, and the motor lasted 3 passes before they blew it up! I can tell you there is no way in hell they were only spraying a 75shot.
Back to top Go down
305Taco
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
305Taco

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2010-07-06

PostSubject: Re: frank make sure this doesnt happen to you    frank make sure this doesnt happen to you  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2010, 6:19 pm

SlowTruck wrote:
hey guys

i just put every bolt on made for my vehicle...that means I'm fast right?

Depends on what vehicle. In my book, if it doesn't require getting into the long block and literally bolts right up then it's a bolt on. So turbos, blowers, etc are bolt ons in my minds eye. Either way I assume you're being sarcastic so my response is probably without much purpose.
Back to top Go down
V6Chris
STREET LEGEND
STREET LEGEND
V6Chris

Number of posts : 5188

PostSubject: Re: frank make sure this doesnt happen to you    frank make sure this doesnt happen to you  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2010, 7:57 pm

SlowSilverGTR wrote:

I don't believe anything Evolution performance says! What they don't tell you is they were running 4.56 gears, and the motor lasted 3 passes before they blew it up! I can tell you there is no way in hell they were only spraying a 75shot.

lol nobody knows the truth behind what that car went through. it was just bolt on here and there and it ran 9s. there was SOOO much tunning, suspension, tire setup and time put in to that to run 9s
I also Highly doubt evolution used just a 75shot.
I have the MM&FF article they did on that car when it went 9s.

what people dont know is he went 13s while it was stock and nothing faster through out the day while it was stock.
it WAS A MISSION for them to run 11s and deep 11s. they tried so much just to get low 11s...then all the sudden later the article cuts to oh while we left and publish this issue they went 9s with a few lil things and a 75shot lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.crtperformance.webs.com
quikenuf
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2010-11-01

PostSubject: Re: frank make sure this doesnt happen to you    frank make sure this doesnt happen to you  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2010, 9:21 pm

I agree, don't believe anything you read. The car did the pass but I'm sure it has at least a 150 shot, pulleys, etc. Thats what my friends shelby makes, minus the torque, wow thats alot of torque.
Back to top Go down
gatoasao
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
gatoasao

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2010-09-25

PostSubject: Re: frank make sure this doesnt happen to you    frank make sure this doesnt happen to you  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2010, 11:51 pm

Am I seeing double or the dyno torque graph jumps from 650lbs/ft to 775 when they hit the nitrous? In my book this is a 125+ shot...maybe I'm the only one that sees it? Why are there comments about a 75 shot?
Back to top Go down
schadenfreude
schadenfreude

Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2010-04-20

PostSubject: Re: frank make sure this doesnt happen to you    frank make sure this doesnt happen to you  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 22nd 2010, 1:00 am

R35 GTR wrote:
You got a car made by inferior manufacturer to the Japanese. When you make a 990HP and trap mid 140's while GTR's are trapping 163 with that amount of power Shocked unfortunately the GT500 is not to aerodynamic and weigh a lot and dont have a transmission thats the downfall but still is a sick car. Stay E85 and save youre self the hastle with the other gases and money.

At 90k, the GTR better trap better!
Back to top Go down
Phantom SRT4
STREET KING
STREET KING
Phantom SRT4

Number of posts : 2395
Registration date : 2009-02-14

PostSubject: Re: frank make sure this doesnt happen to you    frank make sure this doesnt happen to you  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 22nd 2010, 1:05 am

How does the vehicle's monetary value affect its performance? lol
Back to top Go down
schadenfreude
schadenfreude

PostSubject: Re: frank make sure this doesnt happen to you    frank make sure this doesnt happen to you  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 22nd 2010, 1:56 am

Phantom SRT4 wrote:
How does the vehicle's monetary value affect its performance? lol

Well the monetary value is absolutely dispositive of its performance; when a vehicle is promulgated as a sports car and carries with it a high price tag, then the expectation of performance is what is affected; not exactly the performance of the vehicle. I have read your previous posts and so I know that your question is in the form of a joke rather than seriousness. Based on my previous readings of your posts I can conclude that you are an intelligent person therefore your question must be a joke since the question was stupid and it followed with an lol. But I appreciate you taking my comments into consideration.
Back to top Go down
R35 GTR
R35 GTR

Number of posts : 554
Registration date : 2010-04-09

PostSubject: Re: frank make sure this doesnt happen to you    frank make sure this doesnt happen to you  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 22nd 2010, 2:21 am

Look at lambos lfa's ferarris their slower in a straight line and around the track compared to most models from all brands and those cost a shit ton. Brand new cobra is upwards of 60k while I would have rather a used GTR for that price.
Back to top Go down
Phantom SRT4
STREET KING
STREET KING
Phantom SRT4

PostSubject: Re: frank make sure this doesnt happen to you    frank make sure this doesnt happen to you  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 22nd 2010, 2:22 am

Atleast you think im intelligent lol... I know what you mean, and I think you hit it on the head with "the expectation of performance is what is affected". Just seems a lot of people say oh this car is more expensive so it must be faster, when we all know that is not always the case... Just kind of a pet peeve of mine when people throw price tags around like oh my 10k neon beat your 250k lambo, when the price has nothing to do with it
Back to top Go down
schadenfreude
schadenfreude

PostSubject: Re: frank make sure this doesnt happen to you    frank make sure this doesnt happen to you  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 22nd 2010, 2:25 am

Phantom SRT4 wrote:
Atleast you think im intelligent lol... I know what you mean, and I think you hit it on the head with "the expectation of performance is what is affected". Just seems a lot of people say oh this car is more expensive so it must be faster, when we all know that is not always the case... Just kind of a pet peeve of mine when people throw price tags around like oh my 10k neon beat your 250k lambo, when the price has nothing to do with it

I understand completely, sorry about that.
Back to top Go down
Phantom SRT4
STREET KING
STREET KING
Phantom SRT4

PostSubject: Re: frank make sure this doesnt happen to you    frank make sure this doesnt happen to you  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 22nd 2010, 2:26 am

Its all good
Back to top Go down
schadenfreude
schadenfreude

PostSubject: Re: frank make sure this doesnt happen to you    frank make sure this doesnt happen to you  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 22nd 2010, 2:32 am

Furthermore, I used the price tag crap because someone used the term "inferior" when addressing the Shelby in comparison to the Japanese and then discussed the GTR and how it traps better than the Shelby and reasons why it does. So I understood that the individual concluded that the GTR was better engineered than the Shelby. I was responding to that argument by using price tag as a jusitification because it would be a total rip off and piece of shit if the GTR was not better engineered for the price tag.
Back to top Go down
R35 GTR
R35 GTR

Number of posts : 554
Registration date : 2010-04-09

PostSubject: Re: frank make sure this doesnt happen to you    frank make sure this doesnt happen to you  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 22nd 2010, 6:09 am

schadenfreude wrote:
Furthermore, I used the price tag crap because someone used the term "inferior" when addressing the Shelby in comparison to the Japanese and then discussed the GTR and how it traps better than the Shelby and reasons why it does. So I understood that the individual concluded that the GTR was better engineered than the Shelby. I was responding to that argument by using price tag as a jusitification because it would be a total rip off and piece of shit if the GTR was not better engineered for the price tag.

Its the cheapest "super car" you can by, i can only imagine how you feel about porsche, lamborghini, ferrari, i wasnt kidding when i said the GTR out performe nearly every model from these brands. Its a fact about trap speeds and also how the Co-effecient on the GTR is .27 on my model and .26 on the 2012. Dont you think its crazy that with the same power as these shelbys are trapping 20MPH+- slower than a shelby with similar power to the ground, to me thats astonishing and goes to show what the GTR is all about and for the money no car performs better all-round think what u want but thats str8 facts.
Back to top Go down
BlackMambaLS3
STREET KING
STREET KING
BlackMambaLS3

Number of posts : 1749

PostSubject: Re: frank make sure this doesnt happen to you    frank make sure this doesnt happen to you  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 22nd 2010, 9:48 am

gatoasao wrote:
People just don't learn. They keep bolting on whipple-54.23-ported-with-atomic-flow on top of a motor that is 220 degrees hot, then pass the air through two rotors that are glowing red hot, attempt to cool it with a "heater" exchanger smaller than an AC evaporator which is sandwiched between a 200+ degree motor and a 300 degree supercharger...ramp it up to 20+ psi and then wonder ..."why did it blow up?" ahhh..let's just blame the engine builder lol!

hilarious lol!
Back to top Go down
schadenfreude
schadenfreude

PostSubject: Re: frank make sure this doesnt happen to you    frank make sure this doesnt happen to you  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 22nd 2010, 11:11 am

R35 GTR wrote:
schadenfreude wrote:

Its the cheapest "super car" you can by, i can only imagine how you feel about porsche, lamborghini, ferrari, i wasnt kidding when i said the GTR out performe nearly every model from these brands. Its a fact about trap speeds and also how the Co-effecient on the GTR is .27 on my model and .26 on the 2012. Dont you think its crazy that with the same power as these shelbys are trapping 20MPH+- slower than a shelby with similar power to the ground, to me thats astonishing and goes to show what the GTR is all about and for the money no car performs better all-round think what u want but thats str8 facts.

I am not calling into question what you say about the GTR. All that I am saying is that the GTR better outperform the Shelby since you say it is better engineered, a "supercar" and the 90k price tag. It would be kind of pathetic if it didn't, don't you think. Just a question, does the thought that there are much cheaper cars out there that outperform the GTR iritate you? When I say cheaper cars I am referring to cars who stock do not outperform the GTR but when enhanced do outperform the GTR. And even when they are enhanced are still much cheaper than the GTR. Also, as another qualifying statement when I say outperform I mean in teh context of drag racing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: frank make sure this doesnt happen to you    frank make sure this doesnt happen to you  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

frank make sure this doesnt happen to you
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next