SOUTHERN KNIGHTS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TheCrusherCobra vs GT500 **video**

Go down 
+31
boostinvertgtr
asap1320
R35 GTR
TonyTurbo
MRxSLAYx
AlexRz06
pingaloca25
GT30WRX/BANNED
03terminator
good & tight
SlowTruck
305Taco
Jspec Mk4
04_Red_gt
schadenfreude
LthlGT500
infamous-speed
gatoasao
V6Chris
03eatoncobra
kachup
NoPis10
SILVERBEAST
Diiiirk
s.e.a.n
FRC
2Face
SlowSilverGTR
RAW
quikenuf
Phantom SRT4
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Diiiirk

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2010-05-28

TheCrusherCobra vs GT500 **video** - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TheCrusherCobra vs GT500 **video**   TheCrusherCobra vs GT500 **video** - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 11th 2010, 12:48 pm

TheCrusherCobra wrote:
Phantom SRT4 wrote:
The car spun on the innitial hit, just post the vids up so everyone can see/hear exactly what happened.... The Evo would have pulled quite a few cars even if it deadhooked though

It spun the whole second gear" I had to short shift around 52k to 3rd gear to catch a bit of traction.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] << whater In cylinder spark plug from last week.

Here I have nothing to hie.diirk when your car Is ready for 60 roll let me know. Wink

I'm ready for 60 roll whenever you are, I probably woulda been better off cuz I spun through second also from 40. After I ran that sprayed ls2 I realized it hits twice as hard from 60.

Frank nothing personal with the race, you said that evo''s were dead after 70 mph, so i had to show you what a well setup evo does after 70.
Back to top Go down
s.e.a.n
STREET KING
STREET KING
s.e.a.n

Number of posts : 1202
Registration date : 2009-03-09

PostSubject: Re: TheCrusherCobra vs GT500 **video**   TheCrusherCobra vs GT500 **video** - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 11th 2010, 12:48 pm

TheCrusherCobra wrote:
s.e.a.n wrote:
WoW! Evo walked it out.

Frank, are you bringing out your M3 to run me as promised?

yea saturday night If you still want to do this. 40 to 140 then my race 70 to 160. Wink

40-140 it is. Like I told you before I do not own a Supra
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TheCrusherCobra vs GT500 **video**   TheCrusherCobra vs GT500 **video** - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 11th 2010, 12:51 pm

Diiiirk wrote:
TheCrusherCobra wrote:
Phantom SRT4 wrote:
The car spun on the innitial hit, just post the vids up so everyone can see/hear exactly what happened.... The Evo would have pulled quite a few cars even if it deadhooked though

It spun the whole second gear" I had to short shift around 52k to 3rd gear to catch a bit of traction.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] << whater In cylinder spark plug from last week.

Here I have nothing to hie.diirk when your car Is ready for 60 roll let me know. Wink

I'm ready for 60 roll whenever you are, I probably woulda been better off cuz I spun through second also from 40. After I ran that sprayed ls2 I realized it hits twice as hard from 60.

Frank nothing personal with the race, you said that evo''s were dead after 70 mph, so i had to show you what a well setup evo does after 70.

no problem I'll let you know the moment the car Is fixed.
Back to top Go down
SILVERBEAST
STREET KING
STREET KING
SILVERBEAST

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: TheCrusherCobra vs GT500 **video**   TheCrusherCobra vs GT500 **video** - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 11th 2010, 3:37 pm

TheCrusherCobra wrote:
lol Just bought a GT500 today>> Is coming next week... I will order a 3.4L for It right now as well and a spec stage5 clutch and some monster tires, and lets hit the tracks. Cool

If you really bought a GT500, I swear sometimes me reading your post makes me feel like your playing Monopoly with you buying all these cars... Lol I think you should consider Nitrous over the blower on the GT500... Not only it will be less money, but a FULL bolton Shelby and a 200shot will ALMOST pull every car that rolls out with us on a weekly basis... That car setup correctly has much potential....

And also, congrats on your new car...
Back to top Go down
NoPis10
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
NoPis10

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2010-01-16

PostSubject: Re: TheCrusherCobra vs GT500 **video**   TheCrusherCobra vs GT500 **video** - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 11th 2010, 4:01 pm

Being a "NUETRAL" observer, it does seem that you can hear the super charger whine before the 3rd honk, that would lead me to believe he did jump Frank a bit...

Question for Frank ???

Why would you go buy a GT500 after spending ALL that money on your 700HP Cobra??? It seems to me that you just need to get the Cobra to a good tuner to get the power to the ground... Final issues that always come with building a car.

OR

Did that GT500 impressed you that much that you want one NOW.....

L8R

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TheCrusherCobra vs GT500 **video**   TheCrusherCobra vs GT500 **video** - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 11th 2010, 4:07 pm

Thank you steve for your good advise Bro> you always cool with me Dawg!! just one thing I gotta say>> Nitrous over buying a blower It adds up by the end of the year buying a $36 dollars Nitrous refill every week steve> thats why I had always considered buying a bigger blower to be on high power all the time VS using the nitrous everytime to make the car run hard!! not only that" then the excuses start to pile up, that the bottle pressure Is low and thats why I couldnt run the car and so forth you get me? Is just my point of view, but you are also right steve In looking at facts In your point of view too.

Lets see what happens once the car Is here, It already has a pulley on It cold air Intake and some others stuff on It. It will be another 5gs for me to take the car to the high 750rwhp with a 3.4L whipple stage3 kit. SO money will be tight till I sell crusher and maybe the m3 will go too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TheCrusherCobra vs GT500 **video**   TheCrusherCobra vs GT500 **video** - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 11th 2010, 4:20 pm

NoPis10 wrote:
Being a "NUETRAL" observer, it does seem that you can hear the super charger whine before the 3rd honk, that would lead me to believe he did jump Frank a bit...

Question for Frank ???

Why would you go buy a GT500 after spending ALL that money on your 700HP Cobra??? It seems to me that you just need to get the Cobra to a good tuner to get the power to the ground... Final issues that always come with building a car.

OR

Did that GT500 impressed you that much that you want one NOW.....

L8R

I had said It before I ran this guy that I was going to buy a GT500, I said It like 2-3 month go. Am geeting it for bthe track, its way easier to make a GT500 run Into the 9s than an 03/04 cobra.

Cobras are great machines, but there Is to many issues with making them run hard at the track, I broke the input shaft and axles already on that car making an 11.0 sec pass, its just not worth the money anymore. It will be a good car for the streets , but not good enough for the track" same thing the other way around with the GT500.

Back to top Go down
kachup
Professional Street Racer

Number of posts : 596
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: TheCrusherCobra vs GT500 **video**   TheCrusherCobra vs GT500 **video** - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 11th 2010, 4:39 pm

frank you should keep the cobra and just sell the m3.. Cool
Back to top Go down
03eatoncobra
03eatoncobra

Number of posts : 376
Registration date : 2009-07-30

PostSubject: Re: TheCrusherCobra vs GT500 **video**   TheCrusherCobra vs GT500 **video** - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 11th 2010, 4:45 pm

TheCrusherCobra wrote:
Thank you steve for your good advise Bro> you always cool with me Dawg!! just one thing I gotta say>> Nitrous over buying a blower It adds up by the end of the year buying a $36 dollars Nitrous refill every week steve> thats why I had always considered buying a bigger blower to be on high power all the time VS using the nitrous everytime to make the car run hard!! not only that" then the excuses start to pile up, that the bottle pressure Is low and thats why I couldnt run the car and so forth you get me? Is just my point of view, but you are also right steve In looking at facts In your point of view too.

Lets see what happens once the car Is here, It already has a pulley on It cold air Intake and some others stuff on It. It will be another 5gs for me to take the car to the high 750rwhp with a 3.4L whipple stage3 kit. SO money will be tight till I sell crusher and maybe the m3 will go too.
frank ported blower + nitrous.... best bang for the buck you will not be the fastest but your car will run very hard.
Back to top Go down
quikenuf
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2010-11-01

PostSubject: Re: TheCrusherCobra vs GT500 **video**   TheCrusherCobra vs GT500 **video** - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 11th 2010, 5:16 pm

sell the ccw wheels cash out put stock rims in the front and drag stars on the back with a 28x11.5 drag radial, change the tune and driver and franks car would probably be sick. I don't dislike the guy its just that he's ignorant.
Back to top Go down
quikenuf
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer

PostSubject: Re: TheCrusherCobra vs GT500 **video**   TheCrusherCobra vs GT500 **video** - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 11th 2010, 5:19 pm

I think if frank would give me that car for one week starting on monday I would have it ready for the track on friday going low 10's on drag radials at about 13x mph. with less than a 1 grand.
Back to top Go down
V6Chris
STREET LEGEND
STREET LEGEND
V6Chris

Number of posts : 5188

PostSubject: Re: TheCrusherCobra vs GT500 **video**   TheCrusherCobra vs GT500 **video** - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 11th 2010, 8:10 pm

Was that a train between the Evo and cobra?
Guess once again Frank was right again
evos are sooo dead top end.
Back to top Go down
http://www.crtperformance.webs.com
gatoasao
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer
gatoasao

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2010-09-25

PostSubject: Re: TheCrusherCobra vs GT500 **video**   TheCrusherCobra vs GT500 **video** - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 11th 2010, 8:16 pm

I think it was a close race, and if the gt500 jumped the gun even closer. Whether you like the guy or not it was merely a car when it passed in front of the camera.
Back to top Go down
V6Chris
STREET LEGEND
STREET LEGEND
V6Chris

PostSubject: Re: TheCrusherCobra vs GT500 **video**   TheCrusherCobra vs GT500 **video** - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 11th 2010, 9:00 pm

TheCrusherCobra wrote:

I had said It before I ran this guy that I was going to buy a GT500, I said It like 2-3 month go. Am geeting it for bthe track, its way easier to make a GT500 run Into the 9s than an 03/04 cobra.

Cobras are great machines, but there Is to many issues with making them run hard at the track, I broke the input shaft and axles already on that car making an 11.0 sec pass, its just not worth the money anymore. It will be a good car for the streets , but not good enough for the track" same thing the other way around with the GT500.

since you like videos

Back to top Go down
Phantom SRT4
STREET KING
STREET KING
Phantom SRT4

Number of posts : 2395
Registration date : 2009-02-14

PostSubject: Re: TheCrusherCobra vs GT500 **video**   TheCrusherCobra vs GT500 **video** - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 11th 2010, 9:03 pm

LMFAO!!!!!! Im sorry but thats a PERFECT video, it could not have been said any better, its as if he is talking straight to Frank
Back to top Go down
infamous-speed
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer

Number of posts : 270
Registration date : 2009-10-28

PostSubject: Re: TheCrusherCobra vs GT500 **video**   TheCrusherCobra vs GT500 **video** - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 11th 2010, 9:04 pm

Damn Frank.. Diirks evo did work. You sure you still want to run Ram? A car that is specifically set up to run top end? Good run tho, but even if you would have dead hooked, the evo would have kept walking. Good shit tho.
Back to top Go down
V6Chris
STREET LEGEND
STREET LEGEND
V6Chris

PostSubject: Re: TheCrusherCobra vs GT500 **video**   TheCrusherCobra vs GT500 **video** - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 11th 2010, 9:07 pm

Phantom SRT4 wrote:
LMFAO!!!!!! Im sorry but thats a PERFECT video, it could not have been said any better, its as if he is talking straight to Frank

lol! cheers
I thought it fit quite well in there
Back to top Go down
FRC

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2010-11-08

PostSubject: Re: TheCrusherCobra vs GT500 **video**   TheCrusherCobra vs GT500 **video** - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 11th 2010, 10:22 pm

gatoasao wrote:
I think it was a close race, and if the gt500 jumped the gun even closer. Whether you like the guy or not it was merely a car when it passed in front of the camera.

You haven't seen the incar video. It tells a completely different story.
Back to top Go down
quikenuf
Intermidate Street Racer
Intermidate Street Racer

PostSubject: Re: TheCrusherCobra vs GT500 **video**   TheCrusherCobra vs GT500 **video** - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 11th 2010, 10:35 pm

yeah the incar video of the shelby and frank look like the race he had with the evo but up top around the 150 range. funny how he spun tire, messed up and at 100 mph was behind by 1 car but when they let go at 150 he was 3 to 4 cars behind,gee what happen? if he jumped or not does it really matter? you lost up top by 1 grey hound bus!! no insults just the truth.
Back to top Go down
V6Chris
STREET LEGEND
STREET LEGEND
V6Chris

PostSubject: Re: TheCrusherCobra vs GT500 **video**   TheCrusherCobra vs GT500 **video** - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 11th 2010, 10:59 pm

quikenuf wrote:
yeah the incar video of the shelby and frank look like the race he had with the evo but up top around the 150 range. funny how he spun tire, messed up and at 100 mph was behind by 1 car but when they let go at 150 he was 3 to 4 cars behind,gee what happen? if he jumped or not does it really matter? you lost up top by 1 grey hound bus!! no insults just the truth.

i tell this guy every day this...
he cant understand it
Back to top Go down
LthlGT500
STREET KING
STREET KING

Number of posts : 1236

PostSubject: Re: TheCrusherCobra vs GT500 **video**   TheCrusherCobra vs GT500 **video** - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 11th 2010, 11:42 pm

Frank i'm gonna have to agree with Steve, a full bolt on GT500 meaning

Ported Blower (stegi or posi)
1 7/8 headers
custom grinded 2.5 upper pulley
JLT intake
whipple throttle body
lower pulley
x-pipe and magnaflow catback
and a nicely setup wet 150shot (not half ass)
small amount of weight reduction and some nice old mickey thompsons

will be a 140-145 trap car all day long, no offense to Chris but it took him alot of trial and error to get his GT500 to the point it was with a whipple, not to say its not possible but this setup I mentioned would terrorize the streets...why?
because on blower only you can make a tad over 600whp and 600wtrq and guys with ported blowers have gone 130-133 which is enough to hold your own then if you have a slightly bigger fish to fry you have that 150shot waiting
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TheCrusherCobra vs GT500 **video**   TheCrusherCobra vs GT500 **video** - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 11th 2010, 11:49 pm

I'll probably go with that set up for now, let's see what the dyno numbers show after I do the full bolt ons on It. I'll give It a shot> I already have the zex nitrous kit for It.
Back to top Go down
V6Chris
STREET LEGEND
STREET LEGEND
V6Chris

PostSubject: Re: TheCrusherCobra vs GT500 **video**   TheCrusherCobra vs GT500 **video** - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 11th 2010, 11:53 pm

this fucking moron puts a KKK pic as is avatar and he's spanish
you know how retarded that looks and how racist that is toward many people on this site
Back to top Go down
SlowSilverGTR
STREET KING
STREET KING
SlowSilverGTR

Number of posts : 1478
Registration date : 2010-05-18

PostSubject: Re: TheCrusherCobra vs GT500 **video**   TheCrusherCobra vs GT500 **video** - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 11th 2010, 11:54 pm

Felix, we will have to agree to disagree if there is one car I know it's the Shelby, and I know it better than 99.9% of people out there. That's not the setup I would go with.

Last edited by SlowSilverGTR on November 11th 2010, 11:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TheCrusherCobra vs GT500 **video**   TheCrusherCobra vs GT500 **video** - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 11th 2010, 11:57 pm

V6Chris wrote:
this fucking moron puts a KKK pic as is avatar and he's spanish
you know how retarded that looks and how racist that is toward many people on this site

damn can you just leave one single thread alone? the kkk Pic Is meant to be there for you and slow truck. so deal with It punk. It dont matter If Am Hispanic or not" I dont believe on that shit. I am not racist either.lol

Last edited by TheCrusherCobra on November 11th 2010, 11:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TheCrusherCobra vs GT500 **video**   TheCrusherCobra vs GT500 **video** - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TheCrusherCobra vs GT500 **video**
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next